U2 in Canada in march

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOVEandPEACE

Babyface
Just listen on CHOM-FM in Montreal a 1 hour interview with the members of the band and at the end, Bono said that they will be in Canada in march.

u2.jpg

Time Travel???

Hey, do you have some sort of Time Travel over there in Quebec or what? I'm reading this thread in S'katch and it's only 12:30 P.M. on Tuesday, November 30th/2004 and your post is date and time stamped for 6:30 P.M. on the same day. What's going on here? Nothing to do with a conspiracy because that arrogant American President is in your neck of the woods today is there?

The time actually shows in GMT time unless you change it.

By the way, where in Sask. are you? I'm originally from Saskatchewan myself...I think this is the first time I see someone from there on here!!!

Same interview aired on an Ottawa radio station Sunday night. It was very cool to hear.

Unconfirmed sources within the U2_GTA fan group are reporting that U2 are set to play the Air Canada Centre on March 25, 26 & 27th of 2005. I doubt that we will get THREE consecutive nights, but like most U2 stops in Toronto, it I would beleive March 26 & 26th, 2005.

IF U2 play 3 consecutive nights in Toronto I would imagine they would NOT return again in the fall. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Perhaps they will come back and play smaller cities in the Fall of 2005. Play Hamilton again or the JLC in London!!!:hmm:

Last edited:
I live about an hour east of Regina (the city that smells like it sounds :eyebrow:) but I have lived in Saskatoon and just moved back from Calgary about four months ago after living there for three years. Where were you from?

By the way: Go RIDERS!!! :wink:

I'm originally from a small-town 2 hours South of Regina, Gravelbourg. You may know it - it's the "french town" of Saskatchewan. But my family has lived in Saskatoon for the past decade so that's where I spend all my holidays now.

Nice to know U2 has fans back home!!!

I live at the lake with my girlfriend now. Katepwa Lake, it's about 15 minutes from Fort Qu'Appelle but I'm originally from Vibank, a small town about half an hour southeast of aforementioned Regina. It's about half an hour west of the only other French town in Saskatchewan, Montmartre.

when will they comer to MontreaL ? I love this band so much I have been listening to them since 1980 -

Last edited:
Sanchez said:
Any rumors on U2 playing in Edmonton or Calgary?

I got my eyes peeled for Edmonton and Calgary (I'm from Red Deer). If there is any news, u2tours.com will likely know first.

U2 NOT coming to Winnipeg in first leg.

In an article today in the Winnipeg Free Press, MTS Centre general manager Kevin Donnelly says U2 will NOT be visiting Winnipeg during the spring tour of North America. He did say there's a chance U2 could visit Winnipeg when they return to N. America in the fall. (Thx J.)

They didn't visit the 'Peg on the Elevation tour either did they?

lmjhitman said:
They didn't visit the 'Peg on the Elevation tour either did they?

Nope. U2 have only played Winnipeg once, on the first leg of Popmart.

Axver said:
Nope. U2 have only played Winnipeg once, on the first leg of Popmart.

Man, that sucks. I'm sure they made themselves a lot of fans in Winnipeg who are just dying to see them again.

alxj said:
I think it was POP when they were in the Peg...

Anyone know any rumours about Cowtown or Van?

Yep, that`s correct, I was there. :)
It was right after the devastating floods of `97 and Bono talked about this at length, which was really appreciated by the crowd.

And if my memory serves me correctly, it was on June 17th, 1997.

My friend`s friend saw Bono having lunch (a chicken salad!) at a restaurant at the Forks the next day.

I was just saying in another thread. I don't want to mislead people, but I've heard through a buddy who has a contact at the Bell Centre in Montreal that U2 has lined up 1-2 dates in early April. I want to remind people that this is 3rd hand info and I can't garantee its accuracy or reliability.

Back
Top Bottom