U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are here in Oz now? Does anyone know which city? Id say Sydney for a couple of days before heading up here...not much to do in poor old Brissie!!

fullautoreverse said:

Well, I was told yesterday by someone who has credentials you'd believe that they were arriving yesterday evening. Although - Bono managed nearly 4 days in Sydney in March before the media even realised he was here, but I'd be surprised if celebrities the size of U2 could slip into a small city like Brisbane without it being all through the media.

See my earlier post.

By the way, it's kinda gone under the radar in Australia, but the Saints single is definitely released here on the 6th. I know a few people have asked if it's getting released here.

Radio Station FM104 Brisbane - this morning at 5:40 am, one of the morning crew said he'd heard from a friend (business type) in Singapore airport who saw the boys. Refuelling? The guy from MMM didn't say what time though.

The last time they were in Brissie...

The last time the boys were in Brissie in '98, they went up to Noosa for a few days, where they were famously not allowed into a bar up there for wearing sandals!! I tend to believe they will be in Sydney for a couple of days, as the last time they arrived in Brisbane, Triple M announced what time they were flying in and there were heaps of people at the airport to greet them. I hope they do that this time, at the very least, it's a good ego boost for them!!!

Larri

If they are doing extensive rehearsals at ANZ I dont think they will stay up in Noosa. I think here in Brisbane at either the Sofitel or Stamford Plaza is the more logical option for them.

my family GP here on the coast attended an emergency call out to the sheraton mirage (gold coast) for the band, not sure if it was for zootv or popmart. one of the band members kids hurt their wrist. they hired out an entire level, my doc was greeted by paul mc.g and led to one of the hotel rooms and met the band. :drool:

While looking elsewhere I found this...

susanp6 said:

I was listening to the Q awards all afternoon on radio 1...

However, it was really funny hearing Bono talk to Edith Bowman and he said that they were leaving in a matter of hours to head to Brisbane so they're next stop is indeed Oz!

Maybe they werent going to Sydney after all...maybe they are here in Brisbane right now.

??

I don't know whether he meant Sydney or Brisbane. I don't see why they wouldn't go straight to Brisbane - or somewhere like Noosa - spend a couple of days resting up on the beach and then get into rehearsing. They've got pretty much a week in Sydney following for getting caught up in all the Sydney craziness.

Hmm...sounds interesting!

I hope Queensland can put on some lovely weather for them!

As I said that the rain started pouring outside my office window...

Im sorry Uncle Bono! :(

The weather seems to be a bit up and down today. It was spitting when I went to UQ about two hours ago, but now nice and sunny. The Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting some rain for the upcoming week, but hopefully not too much.

Well, in any case, I'm going down to check out the stadium soon. Anyone else going to be there around 3:30pm?

Cool. :up:

I'm not hard to spot - as an albino with a mop of light blonde/white hair that urgently needs a cut, I rather stand out! :lol:

Bono said on BBC Radio, 2 nights ago that they were on a plane to brisbane in a couple of hours!

They are brisbane now!

The Q Awards were on Monday afternoon in London. Bono, Edge and Larry were definately there and so I will assume Adam was too. Bono says that he was not partying because the band were flying to Australia that evening.

For arguments sake then, lets say they flew Monday 8pm from London. That is 6am Tuesday morning Queensland time.

It takes around 23 hours to fly from London to Brisbane, bearing in mind a stop over in Hong Kong or Singapore for a fuel stop would usually add a couple of hours or so on top of that.

Taking that into consideration, this means U2 would not arrive in Australia until Wednesday morning at the earliest.

thanks for doing the calculations... I was wondering why i hadnt heard anything about them being in the country yet.... I guess they would of just got here.

Axver said:
Cool. :up:

I'm not hard to spot - as an albino with a mop of light blonde/white hair that urgently needs a cut, I rather stand out! :lol:

Now how's Bono meant to pull you up as one of his dancing girls if you're not gonna make an effort!!!! :tsk:

blueeyedgirl said:

Now how's Bono meant to pull you up as one of his dancing girls if you're not gonna make an effort!!!! :tsk:

I want to be one of the guitar guys, damnit! :mad:

Just rang the stadium and used the 'sick relative excuse'. I was told they are allowed to start rehearsals from 9am on Friday.

:)

Haha that's awesome :wink: .

I just rang the hostel me and my mates are staying at in Auckland to sort out some slight changes in numbers (one of us is only going to be staying the Friday night, the rest of us are making a weekend of it) :crazy:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom