U2 gig virgin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello. I'm more or less a new U2 fan. More importantly, I'm a U2 gig virgin. I've noticed that the ticket process for this bands is a little more complex than others. I hear a lot of talk of pre-sales and U2.com members. Maybe I just don't see bands this big often. Nevertheless, this is all very confusing.

Do Total Ticket have them on sale already? Why am I seeing GA seats for Madison Square Garden for $300.00 per ticket? Is this normal? If not, where and when is a non-U2.com member buy his ticket?

Cus they are looking to get them before anyone else. As for presale, paid ($40) members of u2.com will be able to buy the tickets before anyone else tomorrow for select cities.

Total Ticket is a commercial Ticket Broker. Do not buy these tickets unless you 1) are despearate 2) have tons of cash to throw around. No one has any tickets, including Total Ticket. They are selling them on speculation that they will get them. These are obviously sold at a high premium, but wouldn't be unless people were willing to pay that much.

U2.com has offered a presale arrangement for its paid members. See U2.com for details. See U2.com as well for onsale dates (normal, what you are used to) through Ticketmaster.

Stay tuned to U2.com and Ticketmaster.com for official on sale dates. Do not be surprised at the tickets you may or MAY not get at the onsale. U2 is incredibly popular, and generally ticketmaster doesn't get more than 10-15% of the tickets for the onsale.

You can use the forum here to get tickets if you get shut out. Meaning, you can trade with other fans or buy them for face value. Try also U2tours.com, u2concerts.com.

Ebay is another source, but buy with caution. There are often scalpers or fans looking to finance their own u2 plans by overcharging. We are all adults however and live in a free market. I have paid over face value many times happily for a good ticket.

Welcome to a wonderful and amazing world and culture. Best of luck in your first U2 ticket experience. It will surely be exciting and frustrating, but the pay off is very much worth the effort. You may have seen bands before, but you have never seen this one.

They have no equal.

Feel free to email me at cburke737@comcast.net if I can help at all.

Hey C. Burke,

Honestly, there were a lot of questions I needed to ask but I felt really stupid as it is when I'm in this U2 universe. You've pretty much answered all that I wanted to ask. I thank you for all that. But, still thursting for knowledge...

So what's the Golden Circle that everyone's talking about? Is that like U2's "Pit?"

If not from Totalticket, where do I find out when tickets go on sale for NJ/NY gigs?

What exactly are the benefits to U2.com regarding ticketing? If I am to subscribe to U2.com member today, will I be able to take advantage of these benefits right away?

and um...

regards,

Henry
New York

Back
Top Bottom