U2.com Relaunch & Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sconti

The Fly
Has anyone heard whether or not we can expect tour dates to be announced in conjunction with the relaunch of U2.com this week? Since the relaunched web site will provide fans with Proganda like benefits, I thought they might roll it all out at once. Especially with the album release and current PR blitz. Any thoughts?

No, they're going to be released Dec 8th in conjunction with MTV and the broadcast of the NYC show earlier this week. This is directly from a MTV employee's mouth.

The new U2.com can be viewed via the development link in the main forum.

If that's accurate, then that means the tour dates are being announced two weeks from today. That's pretty big news!

Anyone know what they announced from Previous tours....for example on PopMart, did they announce dates for Australia, Japan ect?
or were still in the works?

I'm just wondering if they will also announce Aus/NZ dates aswell, or if they will be announced sometime next year...

bono_man2002 said:
Anyone know what they announced from Previous tours....for example on PopMart, did they announce dates for Australia, Japan ect?
or were still in the works?

I'm just wondering if they will also announce Aus/NZ dates aswell, or if they will be announced sometime next year...

Only US tour dates and probably European dates will be announced, it's to soon for the rest of the world, because dates for Australia, Japan, South America etc, will probably begin by the end of next year or even early 2006, depends if they return to North America by the end of the summer.

Unless things have changed and I cant see why, one of the U2 publicists that I speak to told me that nothing regarding tour dates would be confirmed until the beginning of January. This was because a lot of the venues had not been confirmed, I still think it will be the New Year and tickets on sale the end of January.

The cant do anything until they get U2.com shop up and running again!!

:crazy: hallo people from the whole world, i am stefania from Italia, and it is the first time I write here!
I love you all u2 Fans!
ciao

Does anyone know how many time we have after the announcing. I heard they usually start selling the tickets the week after the announcement? Don't hope so...I'm on vacation the first two weeks and I NEED tickets!!!!

The problem that U2 is probably facing in terms of tour dates, is due to the NHL labor situation. Most of the arena venues are home to NHL teams, Boston, NY, Philly, NJ, DC, Chicago, Miami, LA etc. and these nights are booked, even though there are no hockey games. Arena owners can release these dates a rolling 45 days in advance, so currently the middle of January. However dates blocked out in March and April, won't be decided until 45 days beforehand, or if the season is postponed. Rumor has it that the NHL will call off the entire season near New Years, so you could see the tour dates finalized then. This is probably the hang up, because the band needs blocks of four or five dates in the cities they normally do multiple nights. Boston, Chicago, LA, New York.

stefania said:
:crazy: hallo people from the whole world, i am stefania from Italia, and it is the first time I write here!
I love you all u2 Fans!
ciao

Hi Stefania! Welcome! :wave: :hug:

edgeboy said:
I heard u2 will most likely hit most big cities twice.
Do you guys think this is true?

Yes. As long as you live in the USA and not the rest of the world.

Well, especially if they play arenas in the first leg, which seems to be the case... there is too much demand for U2 shows in big cities (e.g., New York, Boston, Washington, San Francisco, L.A.) to just play one show for 15/20,000 people.

Back
Top Bottom