u2.com members. Are there more pics from the V tour and is it worth $40 membership?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzannern2321

The Fly
Hi! Went to 4 shows this tour. Now considering joining u2.com. Especially curious if there are more pics posted by other fans like in our community. Especially curious, i.e., if there are many shots from the Milwaukee concert since we were front row (for our memories). Of couse, would love to view all of the other content that dives deeper into the world of U2. Do any u2.com members have any input about the membership fee. Wondering if it's worth it? Especially since this leg of the tour is rapping up? Appreciate the input!

It's not worth the money since they are saying now that they are not guaranteeing tickets for any future shows...

Paying $40 just so you can see others' photos is not a good reason, especially when you have probably 10X fan photos in the specified forum here.

spirish said:
It's not worth the money since they are saying now that they are not guaranteeing tickets for any future shows...

Of course they are saying that they're not guaranteeing tickets for future tours. Last years, scalpers took out subscribtions massively using strawmen. The number of new subscriptions topped 100.000. Many long time fans ended up with nothing more than nosebleeds. U2 don't want those guys to renew.

U2.com also stated they keep on finding new ways on distribuing tickets in the future. If you are a member and a former propaganda member as well, it might be wise to renew. I got a great pair of tix for the third leg. Being a former propmember gave me the right to pre-order a day earlier than other u2.com members....

Again, I think it's only logical that U2.com states that there'll be no guaranteed tickets... On the other hand, I don't believe U2 will let us down... They've never let me down when it came down to priority tickets to shows..

I renewed just because...maybe not a good reason but I just can't stand the idea of being left out of anything U2.

I renewed, because I'm a former prop member. Judging the third-leg presales where former propmembers got first bite of the chew convinced me even more of renewing...
My bet is that former propmembers will be granted this benefit again..
Off course U2.com states that no guarantees are given.. I would do the same...

Val said:
I renewed just because...maybe not a good reason but I just can't stand the idea of being left out of anything U2.

That's what I'm thinking of doing too, for the same reason.

I hold no illusions that u2.com is going to give me (as a former prop member and current u2.com member) any sort of preference in future ticket-buying opportunities.......but I do hope they prove me wrong and implement a system that favors their fans, the way Coldplay and other bands do. :up:

But I'll probably join.....same reasons Val gave. Where's the U2-geek smilie?.. :nerd:

Val said:

same here :reject:
and i wanted the free cd for renewing

Val said:

Same here. I actually joined up for the first time. I had been thinking about it previously & couldn't quite decide. I'd told myself that if they offered a fan club-only giveaway (I'm a sucker :wink: ), I'd do it. They did, I did.

If you're looking for pictures, Google's better. If you're looking for forums, Interference is better. If you're looking for tickets, even if they give you a preference, at $40 a year you'll spend the same amount of money on 4 years of membership as you would for the surcharge of a scalped ticket next tour. If you're a U2 nerd, you do it coz you're a U2 nerd. :D

Back
Top Bottom