U2 + Australia = Indigeree2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
I dont know where to post this one, feel free to move it.

Well...a close friend of mine's boss has a son who plays the Digereedoo (spelling?). He plays here in Brisbane outside a souvenier shop to get customers to come in.

ANYWAY! He was playing not long ago and a man walked up to him and started asking him various questions about the instrument and such. Then, the guy asks if he would do a private function for some guests his company has arriving in Brisbane in March. Who? U2!!!!

Apparently, they are very interested in the instrument and want him to play for them and teach them something about it. There was even talk of an onstage collaboration!

What song could be done? MLK Perhaps? I could see that being sung with a subtle backdrop of the Digerdoo. Maybe.... :huh:

Very interesting....

Maybe U2's next direction will be a cross-cultured type of record. The world has so many clashes of cultures these days, it would be typical of U2 to try and bring them all together with music!

Hence the recent interest in Kayne West, Damian Marley and now this. I know they've been interested in other types of music before but...it might be cool.

Kinda like the One Giant Leap project a few years back, I know Bono had some part in that (not the recording tho). At least it would be new territory for them. Samples, bits a pieces of music from different cultures put back through the U2 blender.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
kennerado said:

My sentiments exactly. This smells of BS.

Geez...i was just passing on something I was told from a good friend. Whether it was true or not I dont know, I dont think she would like to me about such a thing.

I thought U2 loving people would be interested in such a tale. I will keep things to myself next time.

i reckon MLK could sound okay with it.

maybe it was for a future sound they are looking for, i dunno. not that i can see u2 going totally native or anything. but it would be an interesting experiment for them.

Indigeriyou...Indigerime...

ricky_lrg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom