U2 at MSG, NYC 5/21 - Will it be special?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Ally* said:
and i hope to make it to the pre-party at Spirit on sat. evening...

so excited! :drool: :hyper:

Hi Ally! :wave:

What's the pre-party at Spirit? Is that the place where BP Fallon will be dj'ing? Apparently he's getting involved with ETS for the U2 festivities in NYC that weekend too. Can't wait! I'll probably see you around!!

ladywithspinninghead said:

What's the pre-party at Spirit? Is that the place where BP Fallon will be dj'ing? Apparently he's getting involved with ETS for the U2 festivities in NYC that weekend too. Can't wait! I'll probably see you around!!

http://secure.etstours.com/Tickets/...D=329&EventID=2754&PackageType=NO#FindPackage

Venue: Secret Location (NYC)
Start time: 4:00 PM
Show time: 7:30 PM
Price: $39.95

--Have a ticket? You can still join the U2 Official fan party!
--Special Web Price: Nite Out Event including party food and prize giveaways
--Shuttle from Nite Out venue to arena (where applicable)

The "secret location" is Spirt... a club on 27th & 10th, just a couple of blocks away from MSG (used to be the Sound Factory... I got dragged there once when it was SF... I hate clubs... :mad:). I know The Unforgettable Fire will be playing the party... haven't heard anything about BP Fallon joining in as well, but I'll check into it.

I may or may not go to the ETS thing... I'll be in Queens at the Mets-Yankees game, which starts at 1 and will probably be over at around 4... by the time I get on the 7 back into Manhattan, and then from Grand Central down to Spirt, it'll probably be like at least 5:00 already... if not later. So I'm still pondering this one...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

http://secure.etstours.com/Tickets/...D=329&EventID=2754&PackageType=NO#FindPackage

The "secret location" is Spirt... a club on 27th & 10th, just a couple of blocks away from MSG (used to be the Sound Factory... I got dragged there once when it was SF... I hate clubs... :mad:). I know The Unforgettable Fire will be playing the party... haven't heard anything about BP Fallon joining in as well, but I'll check into it.

I may or may not go to the ETS thing... I'll be in Queens at the Mets-Yankees game, which starts at 1 and will probably be over at around 4... by the time I get on the 7 back into Manhattan, and then from Grand Central down to Spirt, it'll probably be like at least 5:00 already... if not later. So I'm still pondering this one...

Thanks Headache!

I got the info. regarding BP Fallon attending from his own site - bpfallon.com - in the first couple paragraphs he mentions being at "Spirit" on May 21st. Not sure if he`ll be djìng or if it will be a Q&A like it will be in Vancouver this week.

Might be something I`ll look into if I don`t make it to the UF party the night before (the thing is that my flight arrives around 9pm-ish into Laguardia and I`ve read a few of your posts saying that it should be full by then. Do you really think that will be the case? And if so, they just won`t let other people in?

Thanks Headache!

I got the info. regarding BP Fallon attending from his own site - bpfallon.com - in the first couple paragraphs he mentions being at "Spirit" on May 21st. Not sure if he`ll be djìng or if it will be a Q&A like it will be in Vancouver this week.

Might be something I`ll look into if I don`t make it to the UF party the night before (the thing is that my flight arrives around 9pm-ish into Laguardia and I`ve read a few of your posts saying that it should be full by then. Do you really think that will be the case? And if so, they just won`t let other people in?

ladywithspinninghead, it might be full by then, though hopefully not! you should definitely come- UF shows are always a BLAST! :up:

and i am SO excited that BP will be at Spirit... i'm not normally a big club person either ($25 to get in the door?? i don't THINK so!). however, i went to the Dublin branch of Spirit a few years back and loved it. and i went to the NYC Spirit once last fall- my photos in the "Interferencers Pics" thread are actually from the VIP booth there (friends know the owner). it's actually quite a cool place, with multiple levels, etc...

i think it's going to be a GREAT weekend, and i can't wait to see old faces and meet new friends! :hyper:

hey girl! i am so excited for that weekend- i am sure that we'll hang out! i am definitely planning on going to spirit (unless somehow i end up getting a GA at the box office the day of the show- yeah RIGHT!), so i hope to see you there... AND at UF the night before! :hyper:

*Ally* said:

hey girl! i am so excited for that weekend- i am sure that we'll hang out! i am definitely planning on going to spirit (unless somehow i end up getting a GA at the box office the day of the show- yeah RIGHT!), so i hope to see you there... AND at UF the night before! :hyper:

Well, since I seem to bump into you in most cities of the planet, I`m sure I`ll see you there!! :)

Too bad that the UF gig might be full - I do have a couple friends who might go earlier, I wonder if they could tell the doorman they have a friend arriving later?

But then again, this is NYC - they`ll probably need to slip him a $50 or something!

As for the BP & Club thing on the sat. afternoon, it`s definitely enticing - but aren`t you thinking what I`m thinking? 4pm might just conflict with something else that happens to occur around that time on concert dates!! (You go to Pleba, you know what I mean!) :wink:

Well, since I seem to bump into you in most cities of the planet, I`m sure I`ll see you there!! :)

Too bad that the UF gig might be full - I do have a couple friends who might go earlier, I wonder if they could tell the doorman they have a friend arriving later?

But then again, this is NYC - they`ll probably need to slip him a $50 or something!

As for the BP & Club thing on the sat. afternoon, it`s definitely enticing - but aren`t you thinking what I`m thinking? 4pm might just conflict with something else that happens to occur around that time on concert dates!! (You go to Pleba, you know what I mean!) :wink:

yes, we have bumped into each other around the globe, haven't we? such jet-setters... :wink: :lmao:

if your friends get there early, and tell the doorman that they have a friend flying in from Canada, i think they should be able to make something fly... and $50 is overstating it- i'd say it'd be more in the range of $20. :)

oooh, you're right... forgot about soundcheck... well, i guess i'd head over to spirit after soundcheck then! no need to see KOL, so i wouldn't mind being a bit late for the show.

have a safe trip out here, and i'll see you in less than a month!! :hyper:

Ah, I might make it for a reasonable time after all; I just found a cheap flight with Continental Airlines which would arrive into Newark at 7:30pm. I guess I could make it to the show for 9pm-ish, which will hopefully be *okay*.

Last edited:
oh wow, the party package is pricy! $40... hmmm, maybe i won't be going to spirit after all. :| BUT, if BP is dj-ing there after the show on saturday night, i just might have to break my no-big-clubs-rule to check him out!! :wink:

Ah, I might make it for a reasonable time after all; I just found a cheap flight with Continental Airlines which would arrive at 7:30pm. I guess I could make it to the show for 9pm-ish, which will hopefully be *okay*.

9 pm is totally fine- the band doesn't take the stage till 11ish, it does get crowded early, but as long as you have some friends there to stake out a seat (if you desire one) then you'll be fine.

either way, arriving early or late, you'll get in the door and will have a blast! see you then! :up:

ETA: let me know if you end up taking the later flight, and want someone to slip the doorman a $20- i'd be happy to do so if it meant securing your entrance! :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks Ally! Yes, see you then! (hopefully)

Btw, if you`re interested in seeing BP dj, it looks like he`ll be doing a few more of these shows on the tour - check out www.bpfallon.com - he`s doing Philly the next evening and Boston the following week.

Thanks Ally! Yes, see you then! (hopefully)

Btw, if you`re interested in seeing BP dj, it looks like he`ll be doing a few more of these shows on the tour - check out www.bpfallon.com - he`s doing Philly the next evening and Boston the following week.

cool, thanks for the info! :bow:

every time they play flannery's it completely packed... but it normaly doesn't start getting real busy until at least 10:00 (bands goes on after 11 like was already stated)

i'm just putting the arrive by 9:00 time down as a warning... i really don't know what to expect. all i know is that there are a bunch of people comming in from out of town, and they did have to stop letting people in to the bar by 11ish the last time they played there, which was in like march i think.

so if you're getting in by 10 you should have no problem as far not getting in... i just put the earlier time as a recomendation... just in case.

There's a fun irish bar I think it's on 34th and 8th and I can't remember the name of it but I'll pop in over there before the show.

every time they play flannery's it completely packed... but it normaly doesn't start getting real busy until at least 10:00 (bands goes on after 11 like was already stated)

i'm just putting the arrive by 9:00 time down as a warning... i really don't know what to expect. all i know is that there are a bunch of people comming in from out of town, and they did have to stop letting people in to the bar by 11ish the last time they played there, which was in like march i think.

so if you're getting in by 10 you should have no problem as far not getting in... i just put the earlier time as a recomendation... just in case.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I`m def. booking the Continental flight which arrives into Newark at 7:30pm and since I won`t have any checked baggage and am staying somewhere fairly central I`m quite sure I can make it for 9pm.

yay, ladywithspinninghead! looking forward to seeing you in NYC again, nearly 4 years after the last time... :wink:

have a safe flight!

Today I was walking to Penn Station to take a train home from Manhattan, and I thought, "I'm going to see U2 at the Garden in about 3 weeks." And darned if I didn't get all excited and happy about it!!!

I'll be in section 229, row E, seat 1.

I'll be arriving on 14 May. Yep, I will have a week to see the city (and a few days after the concert).

:hyper:

yo... i'm attempting to put together a mailing list of everyone who's going to the MSG show w/ info on where people are hangin' out friday night and saturday...

gimmie your e-mail if you want to be added

popmartijn atthingie wanadoo dotthingie nl

Even though I don't know if I'll check my email much when I'm in New York. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom