U2 and the Pope... any significance tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Anyone have any thoughts on what may transpire tonight considering the dire condition of the Pope and the influence he and Bono had on third world debt?

I was thinking about this today. I'll bet the shows this weekend will have some sense of gravity to them given the situation. How it'll make it's way into the shows will be something to find out, that's for sure.

I do not think he will do very much. He may say a few words about the Pope or something like that, but I doubt he'll do anything drastic...

It seems a great many millions of people will be severely impacted by the death of the pope... Probably including Bono.

The Bomb Shelter Lottery=Jubilee 2000,
Nostradamus

dude, Bono wears his Rosary from the Pope all the time. i'm not Catholic, and i don't think anyone from the band is strict Catholic, but their Christian faith is really blatant, and i know the respect they feel for the pope is immense. especially Bono. i mean lets be honest.....

if he doesn't do or say something i'd be shocked. and if he doesn't i'm sure in his hear Bono is feeling for the Pope, who is and should be remembered as a great man who both has loved the Lord and his fellow man....

my prayers are with the big Catholic man, and the faith he has. i hope to someday meet him where the streets are paved with gold.... if it be Your will.

take this heart... and let it break.

Back
Top Bottom