U2 and Springsteen in New York City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Doe it make sense for this to happen? Springsteen/U2 in NYC? I believe this is the first time they've crossed paths during this tour. Given that he inducted them into the Hall of Fame, the timing would be right for them to join each other on stage. And it's more logical that he would join them seeing that he's in the midst of a solo tour but I guess they could join him acoustically.

October 7th: U2 @Madison Square Garden/Springsteen unavailable playing gig in Hartford, CA

October 08, 2005: U2 performs @ Madison Square Garden/Springsteen Available

October 09, 2005: Springsteen performs in Nassau/U2 Available

October 10, 2005: U2 performs @ Madison Square Garden/Springsteen Available

Springsteen plays in Hartford, CT on October 7th and then plays his next show in Nassau, Long Island on October 9th...and then doesn't play again until Minneapolis on October 12th. He could join U2 on October 8th in NYC? And then they join him on their day off on October 9th in Nassau. Or would it be more logical for them to join him on the 9th and he repays the favor on the 10th? Given that he inducted them into the Hall of Fame...what is the etiquette here? Who would play who's gig first?

In any case, it would be great if this happened.

That is not correct. They crossed paths in Chicago in May. Bruce played on an off night during the U2 4 show stand at the United Center. In fact, Bono attended Bruce's show that night but did not make an appearance on stage. Nor did Bruce make an appearance at the U2 show the night before when he was off.

'Twas also possible in New Jersey in the Spring leg, but nothing happened. You never know, but..it's unlikely.

luckytwn said:
That is not correct. They crossed paths in Chicago in May. Bruce played on an off night during the U2 4 show stand at the United Center. In fact, Bono attended Bruce's show that night but did not make an appearance on stage. Nor did Bruce make an appearance at the U2 show the night before when he was off.

Of course Bruce wouldn't have made an appearance at the May 10th show. U2 was shooting their dvd that night.

Hey..they also crossed paths in NY... i actually met springsteen after his show.. and being the obnoxious person i am ... i asked him why Bono didnt come out.. he was about to say something when one of the big bruce fans started yelling "we dont want bono, we got bruce!!!"

this is a true story, i have the pics of springsteen to prove it ..lol

strwar718 said:
Hey..they also crossed paths in NY... i actually met springsteen after his show.. and being the obnoxious person i am ... i asked him why Bono didnt come out.. he was about to say something when one of the big bruce fans started yelling "we dont want bono, we got bruce!!!"

That's great.

We might have a better chance for a hook up this time around...their both on their second legs of the U.S.

im kind of hoping Sir Paul McCartney joins the boys on friday nite 10/7. Sgt peppers would be a nice addition to the set list! paul plays msg on thurs nite and off til sat nite.

Headache in a Suitcase on 04/17/2005 said:
everytime u2 plays new jersey, there is always a rumor that springsteen might show up. it's yet to actually happen, though.

let's add new york to that quote...

i'd be very surprised.

and in an unrelated who gives a shit but i'll correct it anyway moment, the nassau coliseum is not in the town/city of nassau. it's in uniondale. nassau is the name of the county. the nassau coliseum is also a dump, not that that matters.

as for sir paul, i see the chances more likely that bono will join him on october 5th rather than paul joining u2... seeing as bono will be in town on 10/5 for a lecture @ NYU.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

and in an unrelated who gives a shit but i'll correct it anyway moment, the nassau coliseum is not in the town/city of nassau. it's in uniondale. nassau is the name of the county. the nassau coliseum is also a dump, not that that matters.

:lol:

luckytwn said:

actually on that off day bono didn't go to the bruce show, he went to the killers show instead...

strwar718 said:

I like their style! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom