U2 and Pink Floyd in L8 London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanB

The Fly
This will be one of the greatest shows of all time.

"It was confirmed today that Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd to perform at the Live8 concert in Hyde Park on 2nd July.

David Gilmour made the following statement:
"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

Look at the London line up compared to the rest of the shows. Quite hilarious...

EDIT: I should also say that I am a major Pink Floyd fan - as much as U2 - and I could never have seen this reunion happening.

Last edited:
ah yes, it will be great but what really are teh chances of getting tickets... :sad:

I cannot believe PF is re-joining for this.

I just siomply cannot believe it.

Is it opposite day?

It's being suggested now that Pink Floyd are to close the show.

How great is that? Pitch black with presumably a phenomonal light show. I want the DVD already. :p

yeah, and we get 50 cent, will smith (who is likable), and other great acts.... i am soooooo jealous of london, is this thing going to be on mtv/vh1 or something??? i sure hope so, i will definitely watch it. yeah, so for once the londoners get all the fun. pink floyd, u2, coldplay, madonna (just as legendary in her own right), snow patrol, paul mccartney... next thing you know zeppelin will be reuniting with the surviving members, and let's not forget the much anticipated spice girls reunion. :ohmy: haha. i also bet that the stones with bill wyman playing bass, and other surprises will be announced soon.

nope. the beeb have full coverage rights and wil be broadcasting it all day on bbc1/2/3 in the uk. I don't no about world service

DAMMIT!!

I hope SOMEONE will encode this and make it abailable (couldn't spell it :mad: ) for EVERYONE, EVERYONE..on mp3 of course :wink:

jeeez, they drop the Spice Girls and add Pink Floyd, what a crappy move.

Ha!

I think it would be amazing if the Floyd closed the show!

I cannot believe Roger and Dave are going to get up on stage together - I just cannot believe it!!

If this spawns a Floyd tour I would be a very very happy man.

Back
Top Bottom