Two More Days!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Two more days until we hear about the tour dates for next spring. Yee-haw! Go U2 Go!

People have posted about the Prop stuff that reps at Fanfire are saying tour dates will be announced December 8th. So, I guess we will see.

Sounds like way too early... I would be expecting some event surrounding the announcement like they did with Popmart.

But then, if ticket sales will start in January, it would make sense to announce the tour before Christmas when people are still paying attention...

I emailed Cecilia Coffey asking for the Tour Dates, when U2 will annouce, here is the answer:

"From: "cecilia coffey"
To: <shy@email.com>

Subject: RE: Tour Dates 2005
Date: Tue 12/07/04 04:23 AM

It will be in the NY. Keep on eye on U2.com"

No dates yet:(

U2@NYC said:
Sounds like way too early... I would be expecting some event surrounding the announcement like they did with Popmart.

But then, if ticket sales will start in January, it would make sense to announce the tour before Christmas when people are still paying attention...
I'm sooo hoping for the end of January for tickets...until then we're broke! LOL

seriously...I've been worrying about what's going to go on. I just gotta wait and see...

I would check MTV or something... and I am sure we will get a million threads when / if they announce anything... :hyper:

shy said:
I emailed Cecilia Coffey asking for the Tour Dates, when U2 will annouce, here is the answer:

"From: "cecilia coffey"
To: <shy@email.com>

Subject: RE: Tour Dates 2005
Date: Tue 12/07/04 04:23 AM

It will be in the NY. Keep on eye on U2.com"

No dates yet:(

Hmm...
Usually people do not refer to New York, NY, as "the NY".
Perhaps this does mean new year.
I wish the people involved with this band would be a little more clear in their communications so we don't have to sit here an analyze what they meant by their words.
Personally, I hope it's not the new year, cause I need to know what my budget should be for Christmas gifts...

They announced the elevation tour on december I think, on TRL. Not sure of the exact date though.

I've mentioned this before, but I think they may be waiting to hear something definite about the hockey lockout. If the season is called off, those open dates at arenas could simplify the tour plan. Currently, the dates scheduled for games are released 45 days from the current date.

**edit to add that my local radio station is saying they have a major tour announcement at noon est. They're making a big deal out of it so it's someone major... I know I'm second guessing myself but U2 maybe?

Last edited:
after reading this thread, I went ahead and paid my $40 for the membership. I'm thinking about getting more than one because I want to go to multiple shows and dont want to take the risk of waiting for the regular sale, last time i couldnt get tickets and had to go to eBay, you know what that means. paying $170 for a $50 ticket :huh:

can't wait - i've had to put my summer holiday to the US on hold for the time being, just in case the tour dates clash with it.

I wish they would just ANNOUNCE THE FREAKIN' DATES dammit!
The suspense is killing me!!! :hyper: :combust:

They didn't announce dates for Elevation until January. They TALKED about the tour in December, but didn't make anything official until the Jan. of 2001. Since this album's "timeline" is about the same, I would expect the same thing.

frozenmuze04 said:
They didn't announce dates for Elevation until January. They TALKED about the tour in December, but didn't make anything official until the Jan. of 2001. Since this album's "timeline" is about the same, I would expect the same thing.

This tour appears to be about a month ahead of Elevation -- the first date is March 1, as opposed to March 2x.

It would stand to reason that they would have worked out the details of the tour similarly in advance.

Suggestions that they're waiting to see about the NHL lockout probably have an element of truth to them, though.

For the first leg of the ZOO TV tour, the mini-arena tour, dates were announced 2 days before the on sale date and I saw them in concert within two weeks of the on sale date. Not saying this would happen in this case, but there is no reason for them to announce anything until January.

I remember reading a couple months ago when those bogus tickets for the supposed "Croke Park show" were being proffered on the Net...PM said the tour dates would not be announced **to the public** until January. She didn't specify if the Propaganda fans would find out before everybody else in their private area of U2.com, since we supposedly get first pick of the tickets though...I'd love to see how they're goingto keep the ticket sale online "private"...to quote a frequent Star Wars phrase, "I have a very bad feeling about this"..there should be some interesting shenanigans going on in the U2 online fan world around Christmas. I wonder if anyone will be able to successfully Sell, and a scalper or broker use, a Prop access code.

*COUGH* if we Propaganda fans are ever able to successfully subscribe to the site without having problems and getting charged an arm and a leg, and if the site works properly COUGH*

Somehow I get the feeling that this whole thing was planned very similarily to the planning for Iraq (except we had a clearly defined goal here:eyebrow: )-. The cart is rushing before the horse. Everything is seemingly going as planned up at the top, but the fact remains, someone forgot to tell the troops out in the field.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom