Twickenham stage ready to go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
Wow - i just flew into London and the plane went right over Twickenham stadium, it's a beautiful day so I had a birds eye view of the stage.. the screen is being tested and it all looks amazing from above!

Of course I uncontrollably went 'YEEESSS!!' when I saw it so I got some very strange looks from the suits and ties on the flight :)

U2FanPeter said:
Did the plane circle the stadium a couple times?

u2fp

Sadly not! I thought we had already passed it as we were so near to landing but there it was in it's full glory. I guess the downside is that the stadium is right on the flight path so I hope the planes take a de-tour during the quieter songs this weekend ;)

sonofabono said:
could you see the price of the t-shirts?

LOL- in walton on thames you're probably nearer to the t-shirt stand than I was !

celia said:
wow what a view that must have been!!!

I cant wait - Im sooo excited!!! :hyper:

Me too - great isn't it!!!!!!

For the last few days I've been on a bit of a 'it's going to be crap' mood, does anybody else get this? I think I've been like this in the past with U2 shows, or anything that I've been looking forward to for a long time (like holidays when I was a kid). A few days before I get a bit non-plussed.

Maybe it's just preserving energy for the day and not letting myself go overboard too early :hyper: But seing the stage today has taken the anticipation level up to about 9!

i hope and pray that everyone who goes to this show has the best time ever :) and its alot better organised than manchester 1

Jim said:
Wow - i just flew into London and the plane went right over Twickenham stadium, it's a beautiful day so I had a birds eye view of the stage.. the screen is being tested and it all looks amazing from above!

Of course I uncontrollably went 'YEEESSS!!' when I saw it so I got some very strange looks from the suits and ties on the flight :)

That sounds so cool! :hyper: :up:

Damn, I can't believe the day is finally here. Having bought the tickets way back in Jan, it's been the longest wait ever for a show. I just hope that we get a new song or two and that the crowd's up for it.

Jim said:

Me too - great isn't it!!!!!!

For the last few days I've been on a bit of a 'it's going to be crap' mood, does anybody else get this? I think I've been like this in the past with U2 shows, or anything that I've been looking forward to for a long time (like holidays when I was a kid). A few days before I get a bit non-plussed.

Maybe it's just preserving energy for the day and not letting myself go overboard too early :hyper: But seing the stage today has taken the anticipation level up to about 9!

I was exactly the same, probably heard to many shows from the first leg and got a bit bored with the setlists.
But then came Manchester 1 and all faith in U2 was restored. Perfect from beginning to end. 2 hours of 100% joy
So don't worry, just enjoy it:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom