Twickenham 2 Setlist Party Part 2 - The After Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MTEdge

Refugee
Mini-review I posted on zootopia:

I will be uploading a couple of treats for the folks on here and interference upon my return stateside in a couple of days... Videos of complete performances of Wild Horses, The Fly and WOWY. I also have snippets of SYCMIOYO, Zoo Station, and Streets.

For the record, I had tears in my eyes for WOWY. The WOWY snippet of the Whitney Houston song was, um, odd, but worked. Apparently, U2 permitted a DJ here in the UK to remix U2's WOWY with Whitney Houston's How Will I Know. I forget the name of the remix song, but from I've been told, it's rather forgettable. U2's performance of WOWY really doesnt matter (which was just okay). Hearing 70,000 fans singing along to their favorite U2 song IS worth the price of admission, because it is at that time that 70,000 fans are thinking about what WOWY means to them. Very, very emotional... Anyways...

Walk On came on after Bono said, "let's try something different." He began singing Happy Birthday in honor of Aung Sang Su Kyi (sp?), and then went into three or four refranes of Walk On (What you've got, they can't steal it... Walk On, Stay safe tonight), and did not do the usual hallejuah's at the end of RTSS.

Zoo Station did NOT have the "It's Alright" refrain from The Edge. I loved that part of the song, but I'll live... ;)

I'm gonna be coming down with a bad case of U2 withdrawal until October 7 at MSG. I just can't afford another trip to Europe!

Cheers!

MTEdge said:

For the record, I had tears in my eyes for WOWY. The WOWY snippet of the Whitney Houston song was, um, odd, but worked. Apparently, U2 permitted a DJ here in the UK to remix U2's WOWY with Whitney Houston's How Will I Know. I forget the name of the remix song, but from I've been told, it's rather forgettable.

Cheers!

Take me to the clouds above - LMC vs. U2

A major hit in the Netherlands as well

Where will you upload?

Last edited:
I will upload the videos to the audio/video page on Wednesday/Thursday. That's when I return stateside from my trip to London. :wink:

i've got a couple of short video clips but unfortunately i onyl discovered after that the mic on my camera is screwed so the sound on most of them is pretty bad and the distortion is a bit harsh on the ears if too loud.
also, some of them were shot sideways and i havent had a chance to get them in an editing program to turn them yet. my sister also shot one which flips beteen right way u and sideways again so theres no correcting that unfortunately. but if you turn your head they're ok! :lol:

video links:
(dont forget to replace ysi )

the screen:
http://s13.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3RLO712XNSH2538TG6EP8WMLR2

bono:
http://s14.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2GL4EPLH5RIUA0QPBVQ5UH4VO1

this ones sideways
drums:
http://s21.ysi.com/d.aspx?...6T11KMD0BR3NIBQ

sideways/not sideways!
SYCMIOYO
http://s23.ysi.com/d.aspx?...ER3NE6NWH1EGU45

larry and bono:
http://s28.ysi.com/d.aspx?...B91WE266NX5VQF6

hope those all work ok and once again, apologies for the poor sound quality - the camera's like 2 years old :(

Last edited:
enajh2 said:

....no better than Bono's effort during Mysterious Ways!! :wink: :laugh:

exactly - looks like i'm in good company then :lol:

i just thought my camera would flip it - it does when i take a photo that way up so i presumed it would do the same with the video.
oh how wrong i was!

Words can't describe how much I enjoyed it! I'm still buzzing :D

All the queueing, all the sunburn, all the heat. It was worth it to get at the front.

:hyper:

Mirrorball Man said:
I'm bloody knackered...

:yes:
knackered and in considerable pain!
i think i stood for almost 28 hours this weekend and most of it in the blazing bloody sun
was it worth it...?
DAMN RIGHT IT WAS!!!!!

U2Girl1978 said:

What happened?

Bono pulled a girl onstage and made her record him, and the pair were completely oblivious to the fact that the camera was either upside down or sideways - it was being broadcast, so all everyone could see was this upside down fan and the slightly wonky Bono

:giggle:

beau2ifulday said:

Bono pulled a girl onstage and made her record him, and the pair were completely oblivious to the fact that the camera was either upside down or sideways - it was being broadcast, so all everyone could see was this upside down fan and the slightly wonky Bono

:giggle:

And Edge bending down sideways so that he would appear normal on the screen:lol:

I'm not sure - one (Eve, I think) had sunglasses on and looked very similar to Ali. Jordan looked a little similar - neither of them looked exactly like her though.

Looks like Jesse made the paper. Looks like he's having a good time.:) There's a picture someone posted on zootopia.

londonnewspaper.jpg

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
Looks like Jesse made the paper. Looks like he's having a good time.:) There's a picture someone posted on zootopia.

londonnewspaper.jpg

i've got that paper - very cool!

Back
Top Bottom