Twick1, did you get into the front Enclosure? what time did you join the line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaq

The Fly
Im going Twickenham show 2moro (or 2nite now), but can't get there too early, just wondered if anyone is back from the show and they got into the Front Enclosure what time did you join the line? Ideally I want to be there at 9am, but dont think Im gonna get there till Midday and am worried I wont get into the front enclosure!

Anyone, know any info?

Last edited:
Yeah any info would be really helpful, please. I'm going tomorrow aswell but I don't think I'll be able to get there until around 2 :(

I was at Man2 and joined the queue at Midday and there was about 20/30 people in front of us and think people queued at 6 different gates? We were 2nd row. But I know Manchester the fans are more laid back than in London!

I was in front enclosure at Twickenham tonight...got in line at 6am, was about 40th in line. No line numbers were given out, not really needed as security at Twickenham was SUPERB. They have it down to a fine art form there.

Everyone that was in the line at about 3pm got a wristband for the front enclosure (I'm referring to Gate H ppl only). I've no idea how many ppl were in line by then but i would guess a good several hundred or so.

There is no real shade where the GA lines are positioned, so if you are going tomorrow, make sure u are prepared for the heat. Take something that provides a little shade. There is a water point to refill water bottles for free but you def need shade.

Cheers
Tanya

/\

what he said
i was at the other gate, got there after 9 and was 10th in line!
but pretty much everyonewho was there up untill abou 3 had a band from what i gather - 2500 to pepole in Gate H, 2000 to gate F
so you should be fine
but be prepaed for intense heat! that said, the officials there are amazibg and it was soooo organisedf - you get pass out and syuff so you can go get tap water which they provide, or go buy food or go the toilet
its ver well run, big applause for twickenham :applaud:

ps. in case you didn't know already, the show is AMAZING!!!!

Yeah, major major :up: :up: to Twickenham security. They were polite, helpful, friendly, kept u informed and generally all-round nice blokes.

I think U2 should hire them and use them for ALL concerts.

Hey Guys,

thanks for the info, hopefully if I get there for Midday, I wont be front row, but in the front enclosure.

One other Twick question, Im going in from Gate F, how far is the sprint (sorry slow walk) to the enclosure entrance.

Im planning on talking water, shades and a hat (if I can find one) as my shaved head might burn if it's as hot for the 2nd show.

Glad you enjoyed the show, but didn't think a U2 show would be anything but brill

shaq said:
Hey Guys,

thanks for the info, hopefully if I get there for Midday, I wont be front row, but in the front enclosure.

One other Twick question, Im going in from Gate F, how far is the sprint (sorry slow walk) to the enclosure entrance.

Im planning on talking water, shades and a hat (if I can find one) as my shaved head might burn if it's as hot for the 2nd show.

Glad you enjoyed the show, but didn't think a U2 show would be anything but brill

GATE F generally seemed to be quieter than gate h (one of the reason H had more wristbands i think) eg: when i arrive at 9am i was tenth in queue - apparently there were 300 at H already - they generally seemd a lot fuller/busier with more people.

both gates enter you on the far corners from the stage - theres a set path down the side thats heavily marshalled and you HAVE to walk down it so there are no desperate sprints across the pitch or anything. its not far but feels like an eternity when you're tryin to walk as fast as you can but aint getting there quick enough :lol:

Once again, this whole system is heavily secured and exceptionally well regulated - you're led in a polite queue everywhere so theres generally little chance of you losing you place because someone can walk/run quiker than you down the pitch.

i cannot give twickers enough credit for how well they handled thins today!

digsy said:

GATE F generally seemed to be quieter than gate h (one of the reason H had more wristbands i think) eg: when i arrive at 9am i was tenth in queue - apparently there were 300 at H already - they generally seemd a lot fuller/busier with more people.

both gates enter you on the far corners from the stage - theres a set path down the side thats heavily marshalled and you HAVE to walk down it so there are no desperate sprints across the pitch or anything. its not far but feels like an eternity when you're tryin to walk as fast as you can but aint getting there quick enough :lol:

Once again, this whole system is heavily secured and exceptionally well regulated - you're led in a polite queue everywhere so theres generally little chance of you losing you place because someone can walk/run quiker than you down the pitch.

i cannot give twickers enough credit for how well they handled thins today!

The reason Gate F was quieter was probably because that gate opened later. When I first arrived they were directing all GA-ers to the Gate H area regardless of what their ticket said (and they were allowed to enter via Gate H). When Gate F opened, then ppl that arrived there could q there. That's what I heard anyway :)

I agree, staff at twickers were great and my middle tier north stand seat gave a great view even though it was right at the back! was the best way to enjoy the giant screen :)

Twickenham orgnaisation KICKED ASS. Bug thumbs up to those boys and girls.

We pitched up at 7:30 at gate H and were maybe 70 or 80 in line.

Having said that, when we were let in at 4:30 - there were MANY gates through which to enter, so we probably skipped ahead 30 places just by walking though an empty gate.

Once we did that 'slow motion jog' to the entrance of the 'golden circle' we had complete choice of where to be - front rail or near the B stages. We picked the inside of the B stage at Adam's side - fabulous spot as you had a rail at your back - great to lean on and no 2000 people behind you shoving!

I think the rail in front of the B stages is also excellent as you face all the action when they come down the ramps onto the B stage and you also have a clear view on the main stage.

ENJOY SUNDAY'S GIG. Being something comfy to sit on, which you can throw away or leave in your car later -- the floor is all dir and gravel -- not comfy!!

Anand

i know someone that got there at 3pm and got a wristband for the enclosure

I arrived in the GA line at 2:30 and got a wristband. There were plenty of people behind me who got them also. This was gate F.

Have to agree with what everyone has said about the organisation at Twickenham, absolutely top-notch!

I'm afraid that the security guards were still holding back all the inner circle wristbands and selling them on for £5 - 10 late in the afternoon.

U2 however were unbelievable tonight. I can't find the words yet so I won't try to describe it. That was the best gig i've ever seen.

I was really impressed with the queing system. Very orderly. Some of my friends didnt arrive until 3.30pm at gate H and still got a wristband and a good view, so early afternoon is good. I arrived at 1pm and got an excellent place just outside the right b-stage.

U2 were truely amazing. Fantastic set. The screens were brilliant.

I cant wait to do it all again today, although the heat is a bit much in the queue. Us brits arn't used to this weather.

I was at th Manchester #1 fiasco; Worst experience of my 20 year U2 habit. Twickenham #1 was brilliantly organised. Arrived at Gate F about 11.30, placed in lanes of barriers. Given a ticket if went to toilet etc. Gates opened around 4.30. Went straight into the pit centre stage 2nd row. I think people arriving up tp about 3pm were definitely getting bands.

UKTan said:
I was in front enclosure at Twickenham tonight...got in line at 6am, was about 40th in line.

We must have been very near each other in the line, then! :)

I also got there at 6am and was in the second row in front of The Edge (but could easily have gotten a space along the rail in front of one of the b-stages). The inner circle was suprisingly roomy, and even though I got dehydrated and had to be taken out and wheeled to the medics before Doves came on, I had a really easy time getting back to my spot between the support acts.

meegannie said:

The inner circle was suprisingly roomy, and even though I got dehydrated and had to be taken out and wheeled to the medics before Doves came on, I had a really easy time getting back to my spot between the support acts.

oh no that's horrible! are you feeling better?

UKTan said:
Yeah, major major :up: :up: to Twickenham security. They were polite, helpful, friendly, kept u informed and generally all-round nice blokes.

I think U2 should hire them and use them for ALL concerts.

I totally agree. Manchester City Stadium take note. Your security was a total shambles. Had any emergencies occured in the stadium there would have been total mayhem.

meegannie said:

We must have been very near each other in the line, then! :)

I also got there at 6am and was in the second row in front of The Edge (but could easily have gotten a space along the rail in front of one of the b-stages). The inner circle was suprisingly roomy, and even though I got dehydrated and had to be taken out and wheeled to the medics before Doves came on, I had a really easy time getting back to my spot between the support acts.

You were prob right next to me lol...I was with my step-sister & her mate...both kinda non-u2 fans waiting to be converted at their first show :).

I think my step-sister is def converted now...at the end of Zoo Station she was so blown away with it all she was just stood there with her mouth gaping staring at the screen lol. I had to ask if she was ok, and she just "WOW...its totally amazing" with this kinda awed look on her face. Job done :)

Her mate wasn't so lucky, the heat really hit her hard and at first had to leave the line just before the gates opened. She found us again in the GA front section but got sick again. She ended up sitting on a wall outside the GA area before some security bloke told her she couldn't sit there and either had to leave the stadium or go back into GA...she opted for leaving as she couldn't face GA then :(

Sorry to hear u got sick too & glad u feel better...that heat was brutal...learnt lessons for today tho, so was much better prepared.

Last edited:
rizon said:
We picked the inside of the B stage at Adam's side - fabulous spot as you had a rail at your back - great to lean on and no 2000 people behind you shoving!

thats exactly where i was - leaning on the rail on the outside of adams b-stage.
AMAZING :drool:
you're probably in a lot of my photos :lol:

had the exact same spot except on Edge's ramp the next night. great spot!!!!

Last edited:
UKTan said:

There is no real shade where the GA lines are positioned, so if you are going tomorrow, make sure u are prepared for the heat. Take something that provides a little shade. There is a water point to refill water bottles for free but you def need shade.

Obviously, Twickenham is over now, but really make sure you don't underestimate the heat. I ended up being taken to hospital after a few hours in the queue on Saturday (and lost my place in the ellipse), so if you're prone to suffering in the sun, take a cheap parasol or umbrella with you - shade is vital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom