Trust? - any past experience buying tix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rica

The Fly
I have recently been going to concerts on the day of the show and have been able to get in for under FV (saw the Dead 3x this summer for $20) would like to avoid the heartbreak of not getting in. I am trying to get tix for any of the 3 Boston shows but unsure how it works if somebody is willing to sell thier seat. I can't imagine sending that much cash to a stranger. Any past experiences would be appreciated. I'm even considering applying for a part time job at the Fleet Center next month with plans to quit at 7:31PM on 5/28 if needed.

Ive had some luck buying tix off of boards like this. Done it probably 5 times with no snafus at all.

Best way to at least give yourself some reassurances is dont pay scalper prices and dont take the first deal. If you are still wary, ask the seller to set up a private Ebay auction for you so at least you have some sort of contractual agreement.

Make sure before you buy you get the sellers contact info, including phone # and verify everything before dealing.

COD
Seller sends tix COD, mailman won't give them to you unless you give him a money order for the requested amount.
Its a fairly new system they developed back in the 1950's or so.:wink:

I have never bought them at a show but I did trade someone for tickets last time on Wire (group). Everything went good but it did cross my mind that they may be bogus. I'd trust someone on a U2 forum or group over a scalper on the street.

Back
Top Bottom