Tour rumor about Central America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I think Brazilian Fly and others from that part of the world will like this - from U2tours.com:

Rumors: Mexico, Costa Rica
January 11, 2005
There are reports out of Mexico and Costa Rica that concert promoters are trying to line up U2 for shows in both countries in 2006. (Thx EB and AV)

Hmmmm... Brazil and Mexico are not Central America... But yes, Bono told in an interview U2's up to play Brazil in 2006. Let's see...

Can someone translate the article from ramblin rose...what does it say?

Last edited:
Well Mexico is not South America either :wink:

And the aricle doesn't say anything very interesting other than nope, not true. Nope, never had any contact with anyone from their management.

I would translate but I have a wicked headache and my desk is staring at me threatening to topple over :|

Mexico is Central America right? And Costa Rica is South America?

I thought I had something typed wrong...

Mexico is actually in North America... Economically one may not think of it as North America, but in a geographic sense it is :yes:

Sorry about the geography lesson but being Mexican and all :wink:

Well I knew Mexico has a border with US, I just thought it was geographically in C. America.

:eek:

The article states that mexican promoters are close to booking the band but a couples of hours later it was completely denied by the promoters, however they stated that they would be delighted to bring the band to aztec ground but that they haven't contacted u2's management and viceversa

With all the problems that happened with the son's president at that time (Pomart) I really don't think they will come back to Mexico, from what I know the government never took responsability and to this day haven't paid the person (don't recall his name, Jerry?) for the injuries and medical bills. So U2 went off pretty mad (with the goverment not the fans)

Mexico = North America

Costa Rica = Central America

Brazil = South America

The article basically says that the rumors were false and that promoters from Mexico and Costa Rica haven't made contact with U2. It doesn't seem like they will play Latin America. :sigh:

Last edited:
Np, U2girl. There are so many small countries in Central America and South America that i get lost sometimes too!

Thebrazilianfly, did you read the last "Veja" magazine? They quote an interview where Bono say there's a chance of playing Brasil in 2006...

U2_Guy said:
Thebrazilianfly, did you read the last "Veja" magazine? They quote an interview where Bono say there's a chance of playing Brasil in 2006...

The VERY last? I didn't! :ohmy:

I hope they make it happen!! :drool:

Last edited:
U2_Guy said:
Np, U2girl. There are so many small countries in Central America and South America that i get lost sometimes too!

But you still have to be careful.

Central America is a description of those countries. In contrast, North America and South America are actual continents. Central America is not a continent. So most of the countries in Central America actually are part of North America.

Economically one may not think of it as North America, but in a geographic sense it is.

And it's increasingly economically with the "free trade" agreement and open borders.

If Bono said they'd be up to play So. America in '06 then it just might happen.

Back
Top Bottom