Toronto III Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More random details:

-The phone call to B.B. King was quite an hilarious mess. They had set-up a phone with a mike on the tip of the ellipse. Bono told us it was B.B. King's birthday, and led us to believe he was going to join them on stage or something... then said he stayed home instead, but we were going to call him. So Bono comes to the phone, and tried to get the speaker phone to work. Couldn't work, Bono looks confused but is amused. He asks Edge to do it because he's the scientist. Edge also cannot get it to work. This takes FOREVER, everybody is laughing their arses off, and Bono makes jokes all the way (he was joking more than I ever heard him tonight).

So in the end it"s too long, Bono calls anyways, but the speaker phone doesn"t work, so he puts his mike closer so we can hear B.B. We couldn't hear him at all, just Bono talking to him, but the whole crowd sang Happy Birthday to him anyways.

oceane said:
Yeah, maybe it was not the most unusual set-list ( or the longest), but it was a really special show. Bono was in a BADASS mood.

I'm not complaining about this setlist at all.

We get a different opener.
The beginning of the setlist was changed a little bit.
Elevation and Electric. Co switched places.
The Ocean returns.
I still haven't found is absent. (And I'm sorry to say I don't mind that at all. It ain't my favorite U2 song. I'm always reminded of a very bad cover that was made of it by a band called Edelweis. They absolutely ruined this song for me. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?)
No Zoostation once again.
The Fly ---> WOWY seems like a weird encore indeed. I like both songs tremendously though. Wouldn't wanna see them go.
Fast cars is played for the second time.
Band on stage to play OOC.
And 40 seems to be back as a closer.

I'm pretty sure, the beginning would have thrown us for a loop, had it been posted live!

Ok, I'm outta here. Need a blue crack break. See ya all tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel :wave:

Prey for some boomCHA!

Regarding the set-list (for Axver), I did not take notes, it was all from memory, but I'm almost 100% positive I didn"t make mistakes. Although you might want to get a second source just to be 200% before you put it on your site. I will try to think of the snippets in a second (but I'm not very good with that)

Snippets:

(what I can remember, this is not complete)

-Electric Co. : "See me, Touch me, Feel me"(something like that) Bono came at the tip of the ellipse to sing that part (where "I can see for miles used to go") and it was SO intense.
-Beautiful Day: "Many Rivers to Cross"
-Sometimes: Opera part (Montebello something) and the Hills of Dakota something
-Bullet:" Hands"
-One: "Here me coming Lord" ( I can"t remember if he did Old Man River or not, Daniel Lanois was on stage and the song lasted forever, really long solo at the end.)

That's what I can remember for now.

oceane said:
Regarding the set-list (for Axver), I did not take notes, it was all from memory, but I'm almost 100% positive I didn"t make mistakes. Although you might want to get a second source just to be 200% before you put it on your site. I will try to think of the snippets in a second (but I'm not very good with that)

Heh, too late, I've already put it up. My setlist instincts aren't jumping out questioning anything like they would if you'd written "Miracle Drug/LAPOE/Bullet/Sometimes"! :lol:

I'm glad I showed up in time for all the excitement! What's this fake usenet set I saw mentioned? Did someone go around making stuff up? :tsk:

Personally, I think this set is pretty cool - I included a bit of trivia in my main page post on u2-vertigo-tour.com. Neat to see Fast Cars again. The only thing I don't like is Fly/WOWY as the first encore.

Axver said:

Heh, too late, I've already put it up. My setlist instincts aren't jumping out questioning anything like they would if you'd written "Miracle Drug/LAPOE/Bullet/Sometimes"! :lol:

I'm glad I showed up in time for all the excitement! What's this fake usenet set I saw mentioned? Did someone go around making stuff up? :tsk:

Personally, I think this set is pretty cool - I included a bit of trivia in my main page post on u2-vertigo-tour.com. Neat to see Fast Cars again. The only thing I don't like is Fly/WOWY as the first encore.

Yeah, The Fly/WOWY encore was probably the weakest part of the show.

oceane said:
Snippets:

(what I can remember, this is not complete)

-Electric Co. : "See me, Touch me, Feel me"(something like that) Bono came at the tip of the ellipse to sing that part (where "I can see for miles used to go") and it was SO intense.
-Beautiful Day: "Many Rivers to Cross"
-Sometimes: Opera part (Montebello something) and the Hills of Dakota something
-Bullet:" Hands"
-One: "Here me coming Lord" ( I can"t remember if he did Old Man River or not, Daniel Lanois was on stage and the song lasted forever, really long solo at the end.)

That's what I can remember for now.

Awesome, thank you muchly! :) I assume Bullet had When Johnny Comes Marching Home too? And did Electric Co. have Bullet With Butterfly Wings?

I just checked the site and we have an opera song snippeted in SYCMIOYO called Torna a Surriento, lyrics here: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/song413.html Does that look right?

This is the fake list from usenet, Ax.

Partyslammer said:
Someone posted this on usenet a while ago:

"Vertigo
Out of Control
Gloria
Beautiful Day
New Years Day
Until The End Of The World
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
.....encores
The Fly
Discotheque
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

All Because Of You

......thats all so far.

Mac "

I don't know if this is bs with Discotheque in the set.

T.B.

oceane said:

Yeah, The Fly/WOWY encore was probably the weakest part of the show.

I really think if they are going to play only two songs in the first encore, it should be Zoo Station/Fly or UTEOTW/Fly. Definitely Fly second, as it has the "gotta go" line and makes sense there!

Even if it has to be first, following it with WOWY just seems peculiar to me. Did it seem disjointed to you there?

And are you going to tomorrow's show? I'm really excited about that one's set! :hyper:

Whoa, and I totally called the "see me, feel me, touch me, heal me" part earlier in this thread! Perhaps I should come back to setlist parties buzzed more often! :drunk: (totally clear-headed now, of course!:wink:)

:lmao: You can tell that fake set was made by a bit of a hack because they wrote NYD before UTEOTW rather than after! BD --> UTEOTW --> NYD --> COBL would be believable, but mixing up those two totally destroys it!

Anyways. I should go to bed now, unless anyone has any more questions, because I will line-up again early tomorrow. From a personal point of view, this was my best Vertigo show so far. I can't really say why (my perfeft spot on the outside rail probably helped a lot), but I was just completely into it tonight. I felt every word, every song, like it was going straight to my soul, despite the fact that I had seen this show 6 times already. I don't think I've ever felt so much love for U2 as tonight. It's hard to explain... I really reached U2 heaven. I was completely hysterical from start to finish. It was such a good night for me... but maybe other people will think differently.

oceane said:
Anyways. I should go to bed now, unless anyone has any more questions, because I will line-up again early tomorrow. From a personal point of view, this was my best Vertigo show so far. I can't really say why (my perfeft spot on the outside rail probably helped a lot), but I was just completely into it tonight. I felt every word, every song, like it was going straight to my soul, despite the fact that I had seen this show 6 times already. I don't think I've ever felt so much love for U2 as tonight. It's hard to explain... I really reached U2 heaven. I was completely hysterical from start to finish. It was such a good night for me... but maybe other people will think differently.

Sounds absolutely awesome! :D What you wrote could easily apply to my experiences at Boston II and III.

Axver said:
BD --> UTEOTW --> NYD --> COBL would be believable, but mixing up those two totally destroys it!

What a great list that'd be, eh? I'd wet myself if I were there to see that. Luckily, I haven't been yet...:wink:

Utoo said:

What a great list that'd be, eh? I'd wet myself if I were there to see that. Luckily, I haven't been yet...:wink:

Well, I managed to have all four of those in the same set at Boston III, even if they weren't in that order or even together. :wink:

Miringeltje said:
Oceane, thanks again for posting the setlist and filling us in with all the details.
It's very much appreciated!

I'll second that appreciation. Thank you heaps, oceane! :up:

Axver said:

Awesome, thank you muchly! :) I assume Bullet had When Johnny Comes Marching Home too? And did Electric Co. have Bullet With Butterfly Wings?

I just checked the site and we have an opera song snippeted in SYCMIOYO called Torna a Surriento, lyrics here: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/song413.html Does that look right?

Not sure about Jonnhy comes marching home (but don't think so)... no Bullet with Butterfly wings. Those lyrics could be the right ones, but I'm bot very good with Italian:wink: Also, it was just a short snippet. But what a snippet:drool:

Axver said:

Well, I managed to have all four of those in the same set at Boston III, even if they weren't in that order or even together. :wink:

Did you wet yourself? :wink: Ya gotta say..there would be such great energy in the air if they were all together..

Back
Top Bottom