Toronto III Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well i think i shall sleep now....have a goodnight everyone!...i'll check back here when i come back home tomorrow night...:wave:

G'nite angel and those leaving :wave: (not me!)

and apparently they did it again (Fast Cars)

Oceane - did you see the bellydancer tonite? aka Mrs.Edge, aka Jess?

Cool, sounds like agreat show, i'm really excited for tommorrow now, Hopefully, they pull out some great new tunes for this show!

Bono sat in the back with an amused look on his face, said "I/ll just stay here for a minute or two" and told the guitar player he had to sign as well.

So they started the song, slower than usual, but the guys were doing ok (Edge quikly took charge though). Then after a verse, Bono came back to the mike and started signing.

Is it me or does anyone else think the 2 song Fly/WoWY 1st encore to be incredibly weak. That's just an awful transition between the two songs. They really need to keep at least one song inbetween those two if they're going to play both tunes during the 1st encore.

Shame the usenet setlist turned out to be bs but the apprearence of Pop song in the set for the first time this tour just seemed too bogus.

T.B.

So they played like this until the bridge (four guys + Bono and Edge), and then Bono thanked the guys and said U2 was going to take over the song (but it was all very cool and nice). So U2 re-took possession of OOC from the bridge, while the fans were leaving the stage looking really happy. Larry and Adam came back, took back their instruments, and they finished OOC and it was INSANE.

Great!
Once again thanks for telling us, Oceane.

Lila64. can't wait to hear what Axver has to say about this, when he gets back on!

Lila64 said:
G'nite angel and those leaving :wave: (not me!)

and apparently they did it again (Fast Cars)

Oceane - did you see the bellydancer tonite? aka Mrs.Edge, aka Jess?

No girl on stage tonight. I spent most of the day with Mrs.Edge in the GA line, she got into the ellipse and had a sign saying Thank You to Bono, but as not wearing her costume. But Bono saw the sign and blew her a kiss:heart:

Partyslammer said:
Shame the usenet setlist turned out to be bs but the apprearence of Pop song in the set for the first time this tour just seemed too bogus.

I say the absence of Elevation is what gave it away.

Yeah, maybe it was not the most unusual set-list ( or the longest), but it was a really special show. Bono was in a BADASS mood.

oceane said:

No girl on stage tonight. I spent most of the day with Mrs.Edge in the GA line, she got into the ellipse and had a sign saying Thank You to Bono, but as not wearing her costume. But Bono saw the sign and blew her a kiss:heart:

How very cool! :yes:

Do you remember if there were any snippets?

oceane said:

Awh!
Cute.
:heart: that as well.
And good to hear she made it into the ellipse.

Came through here just in time to see the recaps. Very cool! Thanks, Oceane!

If they play Out of Control in Vegas or Portland, my head will go all 'splodey. :drool: :drool: :drool:

More random details:

-Fast Cars ROCKED! It was so good, seriously, Bono dancing and all. I think the crowd loved it, even if most didn"t know the song.
Btw. before the played it Bono said (paraphrasing here) "Today when I was coming in on the ramp someone thinking they were being smart-ass said, "Are you going to play something unusual/unexpected?" Bono had this big grin on this face, and said "I know what I wanted to answer to that..." With a look on in face like "You can stick up my ass comments like that" Them the played Fast Cars.

Blue Room said:
I think something similiar may have happened in Europe also this summer, but I dont remember that for sure.

dublin 2, a guy called matt from canada got pulled up...apparently had a sign to play party girl. to which i say, get your own song :sexywink:...it was really cool.

funniest moment: the guitar they handed the guy wasn't working, so bono asked edge if he could fix it. edge looked at it for a sec. then bono looks at him and says "edge, are you embarassed?" and edge nods really big. we were cracking up.

i'm excited, seeing this setlist. fast cars again! awesome. i reeeeeeally can't wait another 4 days!!

More random details:

-Before Sometimes, Bono made an unusually long intro, talking about his father for a while, how he liked opera and so on. Then at the end of the song (which made me cry from start to finish) he did a snippet of an opera song. Something about Montebello (sorry I don"t know my opera...). But he sang it with a full opera voice (even more than Miss Sarajevo, I mean full tenor voice) and it was GORGEOUS. Then the Dakota snippet.

oceane said:
before the played it Bono said (paraphrasing here) "Today when I was coming in on the ramp someone thinking they were being smart-ass said, "Are you going to play something unusual/unexpected?" Bono had this big grin on this face, and said "I know what I wanted to answer to that..." With a look on in face like "You can stick up my ass comments like that" Them the played Fast Cars.

Good. Y'know, I think it's annoying that people ask stuff like that when they run into the guys before the show. You know that, being U2, they pretty much have a set setlist for the night pre-planned. You're not going to change anything by asking something like that 2 hours before the show. I'd hate to have any of the band pissed off before the show or feeling like they're not giving the crowd what they want---all in hopes of maybe getting one different song. I'd rather have the band stoked and on fire about what they're planning to do and totally kick ass doing it. I'd rather be at a show and have the band think they're giving us what we want than have them doubting themselves onstage.

I'm here, folks! Lila just gave me the set, looks pretty neat, glad COBL opened!

I'm about to put the set on u2-vertigo-tour.com so I'll take any snippet info you can give me! :wink:

Stories for Boys said:

dublin 2, a guy called matt from canada got pulled up...apparently had a sign to play party girl. to which i say, get your own song :sexywink:...it was really cool.

funniest moment: the guitar they handed the guy wasn't working, so bono asked edge if he could fix it. edge looked at it for a sec. then bono looks at him and says "edge, are you embarassed?" and edge nods really big. we were cracking up.

i'm excited, seeing this setlist. fast cars again! awesome. i reeeeeeally can't wait another 4 days!!

SFB--so you got up and played this tour?? That's friggin' awesome!! Congrats!

Axver said:
I'm here, folks! Lila just gave me the set, looks pretty neat, glad COBL opened!

I'm about to put the set on u2-vertigo-tour.com so I'll take any snippet info you can give me! :wink:

Ax--welcome back! Did you lose power?

Now I'm psyched & even though it's 12:38AM here, I'm putting on Slane. :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom