Toronto III Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miringeltje said:
Oceane, thanks again for posting the setlist and filling us in with all the details.
It's very much appreciated!

My pleasure! I felt like I needed to share before going to bed:wink:

One last thing I forgot to say:

Sunday Bloody Sunday was different. During the bridge, when Bono usually talks about Father Abraham, he made the crowd do the three claps like during the Elevation Tour, and asked Bruce to turn on the lights so he could see us. He talked about Coexist and Father Abraham, but it was completely different than usual, and about a thousand times better.

oceane said:

Not sure about Jonnhy comes marching home (but don't think so)... no Bullet with Butterfly wings. Those lyrics could be the right ones, but I'm bot very good with Italian:wink: Also, it was just a short snippet. But what a snippet:drool:

That'd be strange if they dropped Johnny, as I think it's been done in every Bullet this tour. And I can't wait to hear this Italian snippet. :drool:

Thanks again for all the information! Have a great show tomorrow - wait, do I even need to say that? :wink:

Axver said:

I really think if they are going to play only two songs in the first encore, it should be Zoo Station/Fly or UTEOTW/Fly. Definitely Fly second, as it has the "gotta go" line and makes sense there!

Even if it has to be first, following it with WOWY just seems peculiar to me. Did it seem disjointed to you there?

And are you going to tomorrow's show? I'm really excited about that one's set! :hyper:

Yes, I am going tomorrow as well, and am planning to be in the line early (hence why I should go to bed, but I have so much things to say about the show, I could go on forever!)

Maybe I'll stop by that same 24hours internet cafe on my way to the hotel tomorrow night also!

Miringeltje said:
Would BD --->UTEOTW--->COBL work?
I think I would like that even better.
Kinda tired of NYD.
Sorry.

I think I'd want a slower song, or at least one featuring keyboards, to flow into COBL. Something rocking like UTEOTW may work if they ended it properly, but I just can't hear the ending of UTEOTW flowing into the intro of COBL in my head.

I'd LOVE October --> COBL :drool:

oceane said:

Yes, I am going tomorrow as well, and am planning to be in the line early (hence why I should go to bed, but I have so much things to say about the show, I could go on forever!)

Maybe I'll stop by that same 24hours internet cafe on my way to the hotel tomorrow night also!

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after that one too! Have a good one! :wave:

I think I might actually order some online. All this talk has me curious..!

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the setlist tonight. It would have been fun to see live.

Utoo said:
All in all, I'm pretty happy with the setlist tonight. It would have been fun to see live.

I think it was good, though not exceptional until the second encore. Glad COBL opened.

do i just got back from my first u2 show ever!!! holy christ, the bad was on fire tonight, not just edge. It was an amazing show and an experience i will never forget. When i grow old, I will always have certain life-changing moments to look back on; the day i met my wife, the day i married her, the day i had my first child and the day i saw U-friggin-2!!!

When i'm coherent i will be sure to post a review.

by the way, the out of control was very very cool. it was so awesome seeing them pull something right out of the hat. and for those of you who would say "they always play out of control" they did play in a different key that was requested by the rookie band, and adapted completely to having four new musicians on-stage with them. even if it wasn't a huge difference for the band, the key change is huge for a singer, and bono really jumped to form

fandangamoq said:
do i just got back from my first u2 show ever!!! holy christ, the bad was on fire tonight, not just edge. It was an amazing show and an experience i will never forget. When i grow old, I will always have certain life-changing moments to look back on; the day i met my wife, the day i married her, the day i had my first child and the day i saw U-friggin-2!!!

When i'm coherent i will be sure to post a review.

Glad to hear it was so awesome!!

oceane said:
Anyways. I should go to bed now, unless anyone has any more questions, because I will line-up again early tomorrow. From a personal point of view, this was my best Vertigo show so far. I can't really say why (my perfeft spot on the outside rail probably helped a lot), but I was just completely into it tonight. I felt every word, every song, like it was going straight to my soul, despite the fact that I had seen this show 6 times already. I don't think I've ever felt so much love for U2 as tonight. It's hard to explain... I really reached U2 heaven. I was completely hysterical from start to finish. It was such a good night for me... but maybe other people will think differently.

Well, I just got in from the bar, and am honestly pretty drunk, but I can tell you that U2 heaven is the best kind to reach...until REAL Heaven that is. This band gives you something that no other band possibly could. It's an intangible thing. Not sure how to describe it, but I definitely felt it when I saw them live. And I feel it now when I hear their music. This band is very, very special. Period. I'm off to spend time with my favorite person in the world. Good night all you awesome, crazyU2 fans. Talk to you soon!

Sounds like a brilliant show! I'm glad everyone there had a blast!

It was an INCREDIBLE show. My first U2 one. The sound was a bit oversaturated or something, at least from my section (306). But I still enjoyed every bit of it.

They screwed up some old song from Boy I think, they tried playing it and then Bono was like well I guess we shouldn't try playing a 20 year old song with 20 minutes of rehearsals.

Okay, wtf happened over night? I read someone came in with the whole setlist before U2.com had it, but the one they posted wasn't the same as the one on U2.com that was posted later on...

Was there OOC? What about Daniel Lanois during One?

Regardless, the two setlists had a very short 1st encore... :madspit:

Lila64 said:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One (w/Daniel Lanois)
The Fly
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Phone call to BB King - sang him Happy Birthday
Yahweh
Out Of Control (with 4 fans playing, band took over at end)

:hmm:

MCF74 said:

Well, I just got in from the bar, and am honestly pretty drunk, but I can tell you that U2 heaven is the best kind to reach...until REAL Heaven that is. This band gives you something that no other band possibly could. It's an intangible thing. Not sure how to describe it, but I definitely felt it when I saw them live. And I feel it now when I hear their music. This band is very, very special. Period. I'm off to spend time with my favorite person in the world. Good night all you awesome, crazyU2 fans. Talk to you soon!

Well said...:) I felt the same thing after Wednesday's show...my closest U2 experience. The HTDAAB songs are much more vibrant for me now, especially COBL and MD. They've got a quality no other band has, like you say. It's not based around pure musicianship, but something greater...

I am sooooo jealous... :censored:
I was there for show II, and they didn't play OOC, one of my favourites!

Awsome show on Wednesday as well, although we didn't call BB and sing happy birthday to him. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom