Toronto II Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicBono said:
But I think cutting out Fast Cars, In a Little While, I Will Follow, AND Zoo Station for Bad is a bit much...how long was it, 20 minutes?
It's tough to argue with that. I'd take 4 songs instead of 1 any day of the week, no matter how good Bad is.

discothequeLP said:
i've decided to sell my los angeles ticket. why waste 2 and a half hours when the setlist will suck. any takers?

If you are not kidding, let me know by PM or email. I need 2 for LA 1, depending where they are

:wink:

It's just one show, no big deal, at least the people there can say they went to a U2 show

Still lookin for Tampa tix! and fly glasses!

Okay so I'm going to be at the show on friday night, it'll be my first and I'm hoping that they'll kick ass if for no other reason than to make up for tonight. Well, I may be dreaming, but regardless of what happens I will be absolutely ecstatic, since I've been waiting to see u2 for 8 years. Really hope the zoo station cut isn't permanent though.

any one else going?

ladywithspinninghead said:
Interesting. My good friend who has seen over 20 U2 concerts said tonight's show was the best he's ever seen. :hmm:

thats good to hear, I think we should wait for an actual review before the bitching starts

typhoon said:

Bono didn't fly over to my house during the encore break and kick me in the balls. Only good thing about this set.

But they did "old man river" as a "snippet", surely that is better than Gone, An Cat Dubh, Crumbs, Gloria, Original Of The Species, Discotheque, Fast Cars, or A Sort Of Homecoming?

discothequeLP said:
i've decided to sell my los angeles ticket. why waste 2 and a half hours when the setlist will suck. any takers?

Not sure if you're serious, but I am looking for tickets to the L.A. show. You might not want to part with them, though. Watch them pull a Disco/Mofo duo out of their ass, with Acrobat to boot, and flat-out blow L.A. to smithereens with the best setlist of the tour.

Dude U2 played Fast Cars last night and it's only the fucking second show of the third leg, people calm down, you're acting like U2 just announced they're going to just play the song Vertigo (with Old Man River snippet) from now on. this is NOT going to be the standard setlist, k? Bad won't close every night and U2 isn't going to introduce a totally new song and never play it again. And if they are really soundchecking Disco and Mofo, at least one of these is bound to show up. Give 'em time.

Axver said:
No In A Little While, and the return of Bad. This is a better set than Toronto I, even if it's a bit shorter.

Bad is worth the price of admission alone.

No, it's not Axver. They cut Zoo Station, I Will Follow, and another song or two(though I can't remember which ones), and the only replacement was Bad with snippeted 40. Why certain people think Bad for the 8 gazillionth time is better than Mofo for the first time in 7 years or Discotheque for the first time in 4 years is totally beyond me.

And stop already with your incessant IALW bashing.

U2.com:

Vertigo
Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Still Haven’t Found
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets have no name
One

The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Bad

As you can see, they ignore 40 tonight too... But maybe tonight it was just a snippet, so....

Axver said:

OK, should it be recorded as:

20. Bad / 40 (snippet)

OR:

20. Bad
21. 40

For the record, if it's the former, it's the shortest set of the tour, if it's the latter, it's the equal shortest set of the tour with the 21-song Anaheim I set.

Would someone PLEASE answer this?

All I want to know is whether both songs were played, or if it was the Bad/40 combo that closed two first leg shows.

U2dork said:
Well, no boom-chas and a bunch of server errors.

I'm gonna go slather myself with Vicks Vapo-rub and get high off the fumes inbetween coughing up a lung. :happy:

I hope you feel better

Dare U2 =

Play one new song every night. No matter what. One rotative song..

Cut 3 songs that were USUALLY played during the last 2 or 3 tours. Or more than 500 times... Replace them with wathever.

Or something like that...

i dont normally rant about the setlist cause the show are always awesome when your there instead of typing at home. But i am in awe now....just cut some songs (incl one of the best from the show) 40 short version (is that confirmed).....and why the hell would you put up a discoball and NOT play discotheque...

AtomicBono said:
Dude U2 played Fast Cars last night and it's only the fucking second show of the third leg, people calm down, you're acting like U2 just announced they're going to just play the song Vertigo (with Old Man River snippet) from now on. this is NOT going to be the standard setlist, k? Bad won't close every night and U2 isn't going to introduce a totally new song and never play it again. And if they are really soundchecking Disco and Mofo, at least one of these is bound to show up. Give 'em time.

The no-show of Discotheque/Mofo isn't what upsets me the most, although it is a disappointment. What disappoints me is that a handful of songs were cut for NO APPARENT REASON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom