Toronto I Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - FIRST PARTY OF THE THIRD LEG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Some days I get the feeling I'm the only person who hates that series of books. Right now, I'm reading The Possessed by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - or trying to, when I can rip myself away from the clutches of the Internet and it's delectable blue crack. :drool:

I hate Harry Potter, its for geeks and people who are secretly geeks but cant show it so they escape into geek world through the book..

Geeks.

:nerd:

GibsonGirl, we need you to rise from the dead and answer our questions!

Lila64 said:

do you have an official setlist? This is Lila's daughter Maddy!

I can't even begin to remember all of what they played, heh. But man oh man, was Fast Cars awesome! I think I was the only person in my row going crazy and singing along, but heck, was it ever cool. Bono did some Spanish-ish dancing and it was awesome! He said, at the beginning, something along the lines of "we're going to play a song that we've never played before. If we fuck up, you can blame it on Larry" :lol:

But they didn't fuck it up!

Oh my God, where do I begin? Streets was amazing. Zoo Station was amazing (although, I think Edge was playing the chorus wrong! It didn't sound quite right). Miss Sarajevo was amazing. LAPOE was out of this world. The Electric Co., I Will Follow, WOWY, 40, Yahweh, ISHFWILF, The Fly, Miracle Drug, Sometimes...it was all fanfuckingtastic. That truly was one of the best nights of my life, if not THE best. I can barely speak, my voice is so hoarse!

"You know, Edge comes from the future, didja? He's come to the present to be with us and we're so very grateful."

:lol:

Ohhhh

GibsonGirl, won't you come out tonight?
Come out tonight?
Come out tonight?

GibsonGirl, won't you come out tonight?
Aaaaaaaaaaand give us the setlist now!

GibsonGirl said:

I can't even begin to remember all of what they played, heh. But man oh man, was Fast Cars awesome! I think I was the only person in my row going crazy and singing along, but heck, was it ever cool. Bono did some Spanish-ish dancing and it was awesome! He said, at the beginning, something along the lines of "we're going to play a song that we've never played before. If we fuck up, you can blame it on Larry" :lol:

But they didn't fuck it up!

Oh my God, where do I begin? Streets was amazing. Zoo Station was amazing (although, I think Edge was playing the chorus wrong! It didn't sound quite right). Miss Sarajevo was amazing. LAPOE was out of this world. The Electric Co., I Will Follow, WOWY, 40, Yahweh, ISHFWILF, The Fly, Miracle Drug, Sometimes...it was all fanfuckingtastic. That truly was one of the best nights of my life, if not THE best. I can barely speak, my voice is so hoarse!

"You know, Edge comes from the future, didja? He's come to the present to be with us and we're so very grateful."

:lol:

Where were you sitting and did they do a lottery to get into the eclipse?

Gibson Girl is no longer a U2 concert virgin. Congratulations!:wink:

Don't forget to write a review of the show for us to read in the U2 show review section.:yes:

GibsonGirl it's great that you had the time of your life!! did they played in a little while?

Chizip said:

did they use the light curtains during miracle cdrug and/or yahweh?

Yup. Weird circle things at the beginning of Miracle Drug that morphed into the heart beat thing, and Coexist during Yahweh!

Any Louisiana talk? Did they have a different stage setup? Did they do the Human Rights Thingy? Was Streets dedicated to Africa?

GibsonGirl said:

Yup. Weird circle things at the beginning of Miracle Drug that morphed into the heart beat thing, and Coexist during Yahweh!

nice, glad to see they brought the visuals back from Europe

i always thought they could use the light curtains more

Mofo said:
GibsonGirl it's great that you had the time of your life!! did they played in a little while?

Thanks! It was amazing, even though there was no Pop or Zooropa (yes, it is possible to have a fantastic concert experience without those two albums present! :lol: )

And yep, they played IALW. No Stuck.

Gibson.. fill us in on anything related to Katrina and/or whether or not the intro's changed for Streets, i.e. Africa/poverty?

u2wedge said:
Any Louisiana talk? Did they have a different stage setup? Did they do the Human Rights Thingy? Was Streets dedicated to Africa?

Yeah, Bono mentioned some stuff about Louisiana. On a few occasions, actually. He even mentioned it during Streets' dedication to Africa (I think it was something like "Seeing It [Louisiana] reminded me of Mozambique"

The stage setup wasn't all that different at all, but I think they took some of the same visuals from the second leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom