Toronto I Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - FIRST PARTY OF THE THIRD LEG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2wedge said:

Axver, you've said that like 100 times. Get over it, man. They'll play your perfect show someday!

:hug:

The day U2 play a fifty song set is the day both them and I die of exhaustion. :wink:

oops..thought you were in toronto for a second...u2.com leaking the setlist and the lack of confirmation have really disoriented me

Palace_Hero said:
I'm suprised about In A Little While and would prefer alternatives but by no means is it close to being their worst song.

Well, OK, it has to fight with TTTYAATW for the title of worst, but at least TTTYAATW is just plain boring. It doesn't suffer the impediment of atrocious singing.

Axver said:

Well, OK, it has to fight with TTTYAATW for the title of worst, but at least TTTYAATW is just plain boring. It doesn't suffer the impediment of atrocious singing.

I think you often confuse laid back with boring. To me ITABTAW and Drowning Man are two of the most ugly sounding, and therefore to me boring songs ever written by U2. On the other hand TTTYAATW and IALW are nice cruisy songs, not greats, but good songs in the right context.

Eidt: And I think Bono's singing in IALW while is good, something different and brings alot to the song.

IMO. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
Back from the concert!

*dies*

Tell! Tell! Tell!

We need a setlist too. Did they play 40? Is the following correct?

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
In A Little While
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encores:
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Yahweh

Lila64 said:
I have realized that as much as I want to leave (no offense) it's impossible! Darn blue crack!!:mad:

How do you think I've managed to get such a high post count? I'd love to go and read a good book, but this site sucks me in ... :madspit:

Palace_Hero said:

I think you often confuse laid back with boring. To me ITABTAW and Drowning Man are two of the most ugly sounding, and therefore to me boring songs ever written by U2. On the other hand TTTYAATW and IALW are nice cruisy songs, not greats, but good songs in the right context.

Eidt: And I think Bono's singing in IALW while is good, something different and brings alot to the song.

IMO. :wink:

Well, I'd consider songs like Some Days Are Better Than Others to be laidback, and it's one of my favourite songs on Zooropa, despite the fact people here hate it. It's just TTTYAATW does nothing for me, and IALW's singing makes me cringe.

Axver said:

How do you think I've managed to get such a high post count? I'd love to go and read a good book, but this site sucks me in ... :madspit:

I feel your pain! My mom will have an extra 100 or so posts by the time she gets back! :laugh:

That reminds me, I have another 200 or so pages left to read in my Harry Potter book which I have to finish by October or so.
Soif04.gif
I better get reading!

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

I feel your pain! My mom will have an extra 100 or so posts by the time she gets back! :laugh:

That reminds me, I have another 200 or so pages left to read in my Harry Potter book which I have to finish by October or so. :shocked: I better get reading!

Some days I get the feeling I'm the only person who hates that series of books. Right now, I'm reading The Possessed by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - or trying to, when I can rip myself away from the clutches of the Internet and it's delectable blue crack. :drool:

Axver said:

Well, I'd consider songs like Some Days Are Better Than Others to be laidback, and it's one of my favourite songs on Zooropa, despite the fact people here hate it. It's just TTTYAATW does nothing for me, and IALW's singing makes me cringe.

Interesting, I don't like SDABTO, though I don't hate it and I appreciate the sound but it is a bit too up and down from bass to guitar for me to consider it laid back.

theu2fly said:
40 closes the show!!!

I hope they keep closing with 40!

40 confirmed?

Is this the set then? And does anyone have snippets?

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
In A Little While
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday