Toronto Band Rehearsals(Private) Sept. 9/10/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually don't mind In A Little While and Stuck live. Those songs are both rather terrible on the album, but they're not all bad when they're played live. I would have obviously preferred something from Zooropa and Pop to be added, but you can't get your way all the time.

HOWEVER. If either of these songs replace Zoo Station...I will have a temper tantrum right there in the ACC. :wink:

timothius said:

Freedom For My People?

:lol: OMG Freedom For My People ROCKS SO HARD!!!!!!! :rockon:

I love In A Little While. And Stuck.

But those boys had better play something from Zooropa and Pop.

And how bout Walk On?

In a little while was pretty good, but the version of Stuck was much more interesting...Bono was wiped out after, only signed a few things, but LARRY came out and signed for everyone waiting...

I heard that they invited those old guys from the R&H movie to play FREEDOM FOR MY PEOPLE... and Bono will have his arm in a cast again.

:|

Wow, so much for shaking it up or trying something "new". This is all they come up with? Do they even need to rehearse these songs? Stuck was played, what, every single night of the Elevation tour?

Lazy, lazy, lazy. More sentimental pap for the bovine American masses.

would it kill them to at least play Crumbs if they're gonna go that route?

TheBrazilianFly said:
:ohmy: Oh, that's so cool. I really hope they play Stuck again and In A Little While would be nice to hear again. I was expecting for something that haven't been played for a longer time though. Is that all they rehearsed?

honestly the worst thing that u2 could do to their setlists, as bad as they already are, is to throw in more atyclb shit.

in a little while is a decent song mind you, but stuck in a moment is as bad as it gets.

if they throw those in there...i swear that that'll be the finally straw that make me find u2 and give them the verbal lashing they'll never forget.

here's an idea for the four men in u2 - play something from zooropa or pop. you know...the two albums you never play shit all from??

oh but wait, you'd rather play slow n' sensitive, adult contemporary tunes that bono will say was written for those in need right?

tommorow will be interesting indeed. no, most likely the setlist won't be...but my remarks will.

lazarus said:

Lazy, lazy, lazy. More sentimental pap for the bovine American masses.

that's exactly what it is.

i'm surprised, honestly, that they play zoo station or the fly anymore. they're not sensitive, but they certainly are "silly" by comparison to their other more recent songs that apparently are "back to their roots".

i mean, u2's concerts have to send a message...and their message these days couldn't come in a more bland flavoured food colouring if they tried.

Zoomerang96 said:

here's an idea for the four men in u2 - play something from zooropa or pop. you know...the two albums you never play shit all from??

:up:

They had a two hour rehersal last night after Bono came back from the Film Festival/L. Cowen movie...

Managed to meet Adam..... :ohmy:

Stuck and In A Little While? please noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:banghead:

Lemonchick said:
I just came from the ACC...they rehearsed Stuck in A Moment in full twice, and we also heard parts of In A Little While.

:up: Finally some more ATYCLB material.

And as usual, here comes the setlist moaning even before the first note of the third leg is played.

Last edited:
And as usual, here comes the moaning about the setlist moaning even before the first unreasonable complaint has been made.

Really?
Try your "One tree hill" constant cries, as well as Zooropa (excluding Stay) demands. And anything off Pop that didn't make it onto Elevation tour.

But I forget - nothing U2 plays these days is okay.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Really?
Try your "One tree hill" constant cries, as well as Zooropa (excluding Stay) demands. And anything off Pop that didn't make it onto Elevation tour.

But I forget - nothing U2 plays these days is okay.

Yeah, how dare I request a song off U2's most popular album. :|

im going to bitch like hell if they dont play Take Me Down, just a warning

Chizip said:
im going to bitch like hell if they dont play Take Me Down, just a warning

:huh:

I see the party has started already in this thread! :rockon:

....and Zoomerang96, I'm looking forward to your comments, too. Sounds interesting. Now, don't forget us. :hyper:

people ask for new songs, U2 reharse some different songs, and then people bitch and moan

ALWAYS THE FUCKING SAME

Axver said:

:lol:

A song that was played on JT tour last leg and on Lovetown, not a single.

How dare they not play it. Oh and it stopped being a request the x millionth time you said it.

In case people forget, remember Dallas Schoo said to look out for Stay and Gone on the third leg.
(rehearsing songs means nothing anyway: remember Crumbs and Electrical storm were rehearsed in Brussels but they didn't play them. Stuck was rehearsed before the start of the tour but hasn't appeared.)

Last edited:
Axver said:

but you no longer come across as just "requesting", it now sounds like you demand they play something. and if they dont they "have no clue"

I'll try and stay positive:

In A Little While owns. Much better than Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own for instance. I'd love to see it back.

KUEFC09U2 said:
people ask for new songs, U2 reharse some different songs, and then people bitch and moan

ALWAYS THE FUCKING SAME

But it's not the right era songs they're rehearsing...

Dusty Bottoms said:
Looks like they are going the extra effort to really make this Elevation Tour Pt 2.

I agree with this guy. One thing this tour doesn't need is to become even more similiar to the Elevation tour.

Dusty Bottoms said:
Looks like they are going the extra effort to really make this Elevation Tour Pt 2.
hmm yes because the elevation tour had 7-8 new songs, plus an cat dubh/into the heart, electric co, gloria, zoo station, running to stand still, the ocean, and 40,

yep i can see how its very much elevation tour part 2

Back
Top Bottom