* Toronto 17th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
Any news on this show? Was it taped, and if so...how come it isn't on the circuit.
It is of course the show that brought us PopMuzik//Discotheque...

Anybody at the show - how did this compare with other Vertigo Shows...or was it remarkable only for that performance?

i went to 24 shows and this was my favorite one, i think. or tied for favorite with the last two boston shows in december.

StlElevation said:
i went to 24 shows and this was my favorite one, i think. or tied for favorite with the last two boston shows in december.

What was the Pop intro like? Compared to the Zoo intro.

the zoo intro had the the slot-machine like pictures of Bush etc and the Zooropa baby yelling Mama, right?

The Popmuzik intro :drool: had a radio dial scrolling through different music. Then it found the right 'station' and Popmuzik started going. Then the screen split into 4 (just like the zoo intro) but instead there were circles and the shopping cart. Then in segwayed into Discotheque..... :drool: :drool:

That's off the top of my head from what I remember, any other details I forgot?

- Just to add, it was the most amazing show... great setlist!

shaynar said:
the zoo intro had the the slot-machine like pictures of Bush etc and the Zooropa baby yelling Mama, right?

The Popmuzik intro :drool: had a radio dial scrolling through different music. Then it found the right 'station' and Popmuzik started going. Then the screen split into 4 (just like the zoo intro) but instead there were circles and the shopping cart. Then in segwayed into Discotheque..... :drool: :drool:

That sounds so sweet and what a tribute to Pop. :ohmy: I'm going to see them in Monterray in 2 weeks. I'm praying they bring back the Popcore!!

shaynar said:

I forgot about that radio dial! Wow! This intro created such an intense build up to Discotheque. The crowd was going ballistic! I thought for sure they would pull out Mofo!!! Sadly, the boot hasn't surfaced yet...
:sad:

Back
Top Bottom