To bad ticket prices are so high on this tour!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2girl said:
From what I've seen, US fans payed less for tickets than Europeans.
49 dollars is two thirds of the cheapest European tickets I've seen.

The ones that really got it bad this time are UK fans, now those are HIGH prices.

Average Vertigo tour ticket price:

North America - $100
Europe - $90

Originally posted by U2girl A band that hasn't put out an album or toured in more than a decade - not to mention being without two members of the original lineup, one of which being part of the songwriting team - doesn't qualify.

According to you.

bcrt2000 said:

right on.

@NoControl: where the fuck does pink floyd come into all of this? its not relevant to anything. i never argued for one second whether or not pink floyd was a bigger band. i've actually always contested when its all said and done, chances are u2 will be forgotten, although my opinion might change if the next 2-3 albums sell as much as the current one did, but again its beyond the point.

It's very simple. Many fans on this board and in this thread have tried to prove that U2 are "The Biggest Band In The World". All I'm doing is showing then that that's not only BS, but they've never been "The Biggest Band In The World." If they weren't brought up, I wouldn't have said anything.

Keep in mind, American media chastised the group for their $60 stadium tickets in 97. Yet their $160 arena tickets are praised.

Have any UK/Europe press complained about ticket prices?

U2FP

NoControl said:

It's very simple. Many fans on this board and in this thread have tried to prove that U2 are "The Biggest Band In The World". All I'm doing is showing then that that's not only BS, but they've never been "The Biggest Band In The World." If they weren't brought up, I wouldn't have said anything.

i think in terms of actively making music & touring, U2 is probably the biggest right now...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59505&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

I guess you could argue for Evanescence in terms of Album Sales, but I think HTDAAB will probably surpass it if the tour & future singles give the expected boost to album sales.. but even then being the biggest band is more than just album sales, I think it kind of bestows kinda carrying the torch of rock and roll and I think its hard to argue against the fact that U2 has done that, and really the release of All That You Can't Leave Behind and its success brought rock and roll back to the forefront and allowed a lot of U2 influenced bands to get the spotlight worldwide

NoControl said:

Average Vertigo tour ticket price:

North America - $100
Europe - $90

According to you.

I was talking about comparing the lowest prices, and read in this thread how much UK fans are paying compared to US fans. (10 dollars isn't that big a difference anyway)

110 USD GA, 180 USD the most expensive. Compare that to 49,50 USD GA and 165 USD for most expensive in US. How is that bad? (and 49,50 Canadian dollars for GA)

Same can be said for your opinion about Pink Floyd. U2 has been the biggest since 1987, touring and music wise. (I'd like to see the Stones have a hit song and album sales like U2's last two albums, and - more importantly - having any of their songs resonate like ATYCLB's songs did in US after 9/11 or One and AIDS. That's real relevance IMO.)

PS: you said stadiums with lower price. I don't think U2 wants another Popmart.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I was talking about comparing the lowest prices, and read in this thread how much UK fans are paying compared to US fans. (10 dollars isn't that big a difference anyway)

But it's lower and that's my point. Comparing bottom tier prices doesn't give anyone the full picture.

Originally posted by U2girl Same can be said for your opinion about Pink Floyd. U2 has been the biggest since 1987, touring and music wise. (I'd like to see the Stones have a hit song and album sales like U2's last two albums, and - more importantly - having any of their songs resonate like ATYCLB's songs did in US after 9/11 or One and AIDS. That's real relevance IMO.)

What are you on about now? U2's had lower album, concert attendance, ticket prices, back catalogue sales, etc., than Floyd. And Floyd's the only act in the world who can sustain attendance plus their growth rate per market even when ticket prices are raised in just about every market in the world. Every single tour it's been that way for them. There's no roof to their popularity. On the other hand, U2 can only do that in some markets.

Originally posted by U2girl PS: you said stadiums with lower price. I don't think U2 wants another Popmart.

That's exactly right.

Last edited:
NoControl said:

Pink Floyd is "The Biggest Band In The World" for a band who's still officially together and is more successful than U2, period.

Then find a Pink Floyd forum to talk about that. Evangelizing about other bands is not on topic here, period. I don't know how much plainer I can make it.

neutral said:
Then find a Pink Floyd forum to talk about that.

So I can't respond to someone who states incorrect info, oh mighty moderator?

Originally posted by neutral Evangelizing about other bands is not on topic here, period. I don't know how much plainer I can make it.

So what do I have to do, kiss U2's ass like just about everyone else here?

Last edited:
NoControl said:

1) being the biggest band isn't a fact, its an opinion

2) last time i checked, this was a U2 fan board

NoControl said:

Do not be rude to the moderators. All you do here is post about Pink Floyd. This is a U2 forum. The mods have asked you time and time again to stick to the topics, the U2 topics.

We will not tell you again.

U2FanPeter said:
Is it legal to rent an air balloon and watch the show through binoculars?

U2FP

Hi!

GPS......they have nice satellite imagery............then use your zoom-in control and voila.......you're at the concert and it hasn't cost you anything.

carol
wizard2c
:|

:lol: No Control needs to get some!!

Why is this such an issue for you anyway. If you dont like the pricing or U2, dont go see them and dont troll their boards. Sounds like Pink Floyd are your heroes, hang out there. I certainly dont think people always have to praise U2 they certainly are not above criticism. But you seem to come unglued about it for some reason. What is it that you like about U2? Is there anything?

Oh, and I like how most of what I said you just glazed over and really didnt address how I was wrong in your opinion with specifics. Whereas I was very specific.

Relevance? :hmm: Lets see, putting out new albums and doing major tours with your original line up and selling both to the masses VERY well. You dont like Dismantle obviously, but MANY disagree with you. Pink Floyd's last great album IMO was The Wall. How long ago was that!!!??? :lol:

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:

1) being the biggest band isn't a fact, its an opinion

2) last time i checked, this was a U2 fan board

1) Floyd being the Biggest Band is a fact, as I've shown you.

2) The last time I checked, this was a democracy.

Sicy said:

Do not be rude to the moderators. All you do here is post about Pink Floyd. This is a U2 forum. The mods have asked you time and time again to stick to the topics, the U2 topics.

We will not tell you again.

I'm not being rude. And don't think you can intimidate me, because you can't. And if you've read the majority of my posts, they're not about Floyd.

Blue Room said:
:lol: No Control needs to get some!!

Get some what?

Originally posted by Blue Room Why is this such an issue for you anyway. If you dont like the pricing or U2, dont go see them and dont troll their boards. Sounds like Pink Floyd are your heroes, hang out there. I certainly dont think people always have to praise U2 they certainly are not above criticism. But you seem to come unglued about it for some reason. What is it that you like about U2? Is there anything?

You obviously haven't read my post history.

Originally posted by Blue Room Oh, and I like how most of what I said you just glazed over and really didnt address how I was wrong in your opinion with specifics. Whereas I was very specific.

Oh, and I like how you glazed over the fact that I've gone over everything you posted in detail. If there's anything I've missed that you've said, please enlighten me...

Originally posted by Blue Room Relevance? :hmm: Lets see, putting out new albums and doing major tours with your original line up and selling both to the masses VERY well. You dont like Dismantle obviously, but MANY disagree with you. Pink Floyd's last great album IMO was The Wall. How long ago was that!!!??? :lol:

Hmm, let's see. Quantity and popularity over quality is what you're talking about. And the only reason why HTDAAB is selling the way it is, is because a) it's identical to the sound of AYCLB and b) U2 are no longer a band making music that matters, they're a marketing exercise formulizing their material. If you think appealing to the masses is relevancy, that pretty much sums you up.

Btw, this album will not top the sales of AYCLB, which sold 10.8 Million. This album will hit around 10 Million worldwide and 3.2 Million in the US by the end of the year.

If you guys want to keep believing that U2 is "The Biggest Band In The World", then fine...whatever makes you feel good. And if you want to believe wrestling is real, then fine...whatever makes you feel good.

NoControl said:

1) Floyd being the Biggest Band is a fact, as I've shown you.

2) The last time I checked, this was a democracy.

1) If you're talking about in terms of today, Floyd is well respected but they are not selling 10 million copies of an album released within the last few years, and they'll never be able to do that again with a new album... i don't really consider them "active" in that sense as well, and if you're talking about inactive bands then its got to be the beatles, and not just in terms of numbers but in terms of relevence and influence... and i think in terms of active bands, thats where U2 stands right now, and i've explained before about how i think U2 holds the torch of rock and roll right now.. before ATYCLB it was the Stones, and before that the Beatles.. but again thats all just an opinion, and you basing biggest band on just numbers is also an opinion. the fact is we don't even have the same definition of biggest band, so you can't really argue with me.

also, the argument of floyd's back catalogue selling more than u2's.. well like i said before, u2 will probably be forgotten after its all said and done-- back catalogue sales are dictated by the music industry, not by the band's musical quality.

2) this forum wasn't meant for people going off topic and talking about pink floyd. i think it was already established U2 is a top tier band.. where they stand, whether its #1 or #2 or #3 is a MOOT POINT.

and i already made the point, that if U2 isn't about the feelings you feel when you listen to them and the connections the songs make to your personal life, then i don't know what you're doing on a U2 board, because U2 was never about commercial success. we're happy to see them be successful commercially but thats not what U2 is about.

Last edited:
We dont have a problem with threads going off topic here and there, its impossible to keep every thread on topic, but when the same people turn the same threads into Pink Floyd discussions, it gets old. Lets get this one back on topic or its going to be closed. Back to discussing U2's ticket prices. Thanks.

Yes, ticket prices are way too high on this tour, except for the few GAs. A lot of ticket brokers and scalpers are in on it, and people with the money don't care about the fact that, when they buy from them, they are encouraging them. This leads to less hardcore fans in the concerts and people standing in line for tickets with the sole purpose of making money off of U2.

Now, they don't want to listen, but let me take care of someone for you.

NoControl, I gotta say BCRT2000 is right, in my humble opinion, about the biggest band in the world being an opinion. That stuff changes all the time, anyway. There's no use attaching any value to it.

Now, NoControl, you do bring up some interesting points. Tell you what I think: I encourage you to develop that opinion of yours more and try to prove it. I think that you have a good mind and you certainly have fire to bring what you believe out, for everyone to see, but it's very obvious that you have to butt heads, here. Let that topic rest in this thread. Go out and try to articulate what you feel better, if it still holds up to your research and then start your own thread about it. I can tell you, don't let yourself be suppressed easily, and I think you're also polite enough so that it doesn't create a sufficient problem to ban you.

But, let me tell you something about the administration, here. This forum is privately owned and thus they have the right to run it arbitrarily, if they so desire. I've read the rules and regulations and I can't say it resembles democracy. However, the guys here are kind-of alright, until now. When you see me banned, however, you know there was a serious problem :)

Currently, I'm looking around for another forum. I haven't had any luck yet. But I'm looking for something that supports like a really open flow of communication, and only takes out the very obstructive obstacles. You and me, we should probably be on another forum. However, until we are, we'll play by the rules, right :)

Yes, ticket prices for this tour are TOO HIGH! U2 are a very big band and they should act their size. It's gotta be stadia, regularly, in my opinion. Go figure where high ticket prices come from. Demand outstrips supply.

Wrestling isn't real? :eek:

Oops...sorry the topic at hand. I think a lot has been said before, but I think that for your money U2 is the best entertainment dollar and I would be interested in seeing an actual breakdown of ticket prices based on exchange rates and currency markets.

I think that has a lot to do with the way U2 puts together a tour (specifically why Australia missed out on Elevation and not because they hate Axver :wink:)

Last edited:
RadRacer said:
Currently, I'm looking around for another forum. I haven't had any luck yet. But I'm looking for something that supports like a really open flow of communication, and only takes out the very obstructive obstacles. You and me, we should probably be on another forum. However, until we are, we'll play by the rules, right :)

May I suggest Zootopia. There is absolutely no moderation there. The members can pretty much run rampid and do and say whatever they want. It's really fun! I think it would be right up some of your alleys :wink:

NoControl said:

What are you on about now? U2's had lower album, concert attendance, ticket prices, back catalogue sales, etc., than Floyd. And Floyd's the only act in the world who can sustain attendance plus their growth rate per market even when ticket prices are raised in just about every market in the world. Every single tour it's been that way for them. There's no roof to their popularity. On the other hand, U2 can only do that in some markets.

That's exactly right.

You were claming earlier Europeans payed less (on average). I don't know how you got that, since this thread proved they payed MORE for cheapest and highest price tickets.

Let me know when Pink Floyd has an album over 10 million sales, no. 1 hits and relevance - I already explained how I define that. Let me know when they will be no. 1 tours every year like U2 has been since 87. (except 1997, I think Stones grossed more)
Let me know when they will perform and record in their original line-up again, or at least with Roger Waters. Let me know when they will win a Grammy again. Oh and, their sales would be a lot less if their double albums wouldn't be counted twice.

U2 could still play stadiums anywhere in the world, except US - Popmart I think really hurt them. If you want attendance problems and them becoming the joke, good for you.

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:
1) If you're talking about in terms of today, Floyd is well respected but they are not selling 10 million copies of an album released within the last few years, and they'll never be able to do that again with a new album...

I wouldn't say that. The Division Bell's 16 country total a few years back was over 7 Million copies sold. Now we all know how many countries are in the world, don't we? Also I'm sure that the album has hit 10 Million sold worldwide, I just can't prove it.

Originally posted by bcrt2000 i don't really consider them "active" in that sense as well, and if you're talking about inactive bands then its got to be the beatles, and not just in terms of numbers but in terms of relevence and influence...

For a band who's still officially together, Floyd is for the reasons I've stated countless times in countless threads. "Active" really doesn't mean much to me. I'm talking about the numbers.

Originally posted by bcrt2000 and i think in terms of active bands, thats where U2 stands right now, and i've explained before about how i think U2 holds the torch of rock and roll right now.. before ATYCLB it was the Stones, and before that the Beatles.. but again thats all just an opinion, and you basing biggest band on just numbers is also an opinion. the fact is we don't even have the same definition of biggest band, so you can't really argue with me.

Basing whether a band is the biggest of course is based on numbers. There's no other way, of course. The Beatles are obviously not together anymore, but are the biggest otherwise, yes. And in terms of your definition of "Active" bands, then U2 still wouldn't be...The Stones would be.

Originally posted by bcrt2000 also, the argument of floyd's back catalogue selling more than u2's.. well like i said before, u2 will probably be forgotten after its all said and done-- back catalogue sales are dictated by the music industry, not by the band's musical quality.

U2 won't be forgotten. They've made their mark on music.

Originally posted by bcrt2000 2) this forum wasn't meant for people going off topic and talking about pink floyd. i think it was already established U2 is a top tier band.. where they stand, whether its #1 or #2 or #3 is a MOOT POINT.

When people on this forum say the U2 is "The Biggest Band In The World", that's incorrect. And I'm reminding them that there are more successful acts out there. If people would stop saying that they're the biggest, then I'd stop being contentious about it.

Originally posted by bcrt2000 and i already made the point, that if U2 isn't about the feelings you feel when you listen to them and the connections the songs make to your personal life, then i don't know what you're doing on a U2 board, because U2 was never about commercial success. we're happy to see them be successful commercially but thats not what U2 is about.

Well, that's pretty funny. Because that's what I've been trying to get at now for a long time here. U2 IS now only about commercial success, they never used to be. I loved them and still love their '80s and '90s material. But that's back when they actually meant something. Now it's all about selling $60 t-shirts and it shows in their newer material, that's super safe.

Last edited:
Originally posted by RadRacer NoControl, I gotta say BCRT2000 is right, in my humble opinion, about the biggest band in the world being an opinion. That stuff changes all the time, anyway. There's no use attaching any value to it.

It hasn't for changed years, for the reasons I've stated countless times. The numbers don't lie.

Originally posted by RadRacer Now, NoControl, you do bring up some interesting points. Tell you what I think: I encourage you to develop that opinion of yours more and try to prove it.

I have countless times in countless threads. I guess you haven't read them?

Originally posted by RadRacer I think that you have a good mind and you certainly have fire to bring what you believe out, for everyone to see, but it's very obvious that you have to butt heads, here. Let that topic rest in this thread. Go out and try to articulate what you feel better, if it still holds up to your research and then start your own thread about it. I can tell you, don't let yourself be suppressed easily, and I think you're also polite enough so that it doesn't create a sufficient problem to ban you.

Ok, done. Guess what? It stil holds up.

Originally posted by RadRacer But, let me tell you something about the administration, here. This forum is privately owned and thus they have the right to run it arbitrarily, if they so desire. I've read the rules and regulations and I can't say it resembles democracy. However, the guys here are kind-of alright, until now. When you see me banned, however, you know there was a serious problem :)

Kind of alright? I guess that almost cuts it.

Originally posted by RadRacer Currently, I'm looking around for another forum. I haven't had any luck yet. But I'm looking for something that supports like a really open flow of communication, and only takes out the very obstructive obstacles. You and me, we should probably be on another forum. However, until we are, we'll play by the rules, right :)

I don't believe I've broken any rules. I just like to remind people when incorrect info is stated. I guess some just don't like to hear the truth?

Originally posted by RadRacer Yes, ticket prices for this tour are TOO HIGH! U2 are a very big band and they should act their size. It's gotta be stadia, regularly, in my opinion. Go figure where high ticket prices come from. Demand outstrips supply. [/B]

But remember there's plenty of supply because U2's not in Stadiums on this side ofthe Atlantic anymore.

Thanks for maintaining an objective point of view. That's more than I can say for most fans here.

U2girl said:
You were claming earlier Europeans payed less (on average). I don't know how you got that, since this thread proved they payed MORE for cheapest and highest price tickets.

A few weeks back, Billboard stated the gross amount U2's made on the first two legs of the Vertigo tour. And $90 average is the European leg average price.

Originally posted by U2girl Let me know when Pink Floyd has an album over 10 million sales, no. 1 hits and relevance - I already explained how I define that.

Let me know when you've studied that stats thoroughly. Because Floyd have had at least four albums sell well over 10 Million copies each (The Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals & The Wall). And possibly like I said, The Division Bell. Also, The Floyd haven't really had any hit singles, apart from 2. They make albums, in the purest sense. Let's see U2 sell 10 Million copies of an album without a hit single. Not gonna happen.

Relevance is an opinion. The number don't lie.

Originally posted by U2girl Let me know when they will be no. 1 tours every year like U2 has been since 87. (except 1997, I think Stones grossed more)

I've already gone over countless times why the Stones have grossed more than The Floyd. I guess you don't listen. And the only reason why U2 have #1 tours whenever they tour, is because The Stones and The Floyd have hardly ever been on the road at the same time as U2 has. You think that's a coincidence?

Originally posted by U2girl Let me know when they will perform and record in their original line-up again, or at least with Roger Waters. Let me know when they will win a Grammy again. Oh and, their sales would be a lot less if their double albums wouldn't be counted twice.

Let me know when you know what you're takling about.

Awards don't mean shit in determining anything. That's just an opinion. I'm talking about numbers.

I've already gone over the double album counting as two argument, remember...in another thread?

And let me tell you something about Roger Waters. He wasn't their main songwriter. And I couldn't give two shits if he's in the band or not. He wrote nearly all the lyrics, yes. But they all were main songwriters. Waters only wrote the majority of the material on The Wall (an album that without the vast majority of the production, which was Gilmour & Ezrin's, wouldn't have sounded anything like it does today) & all the material on The Final Cut. The rest was pretty equal in terms of songwriting duties.

Originally posted by U2girl U2 could still play stadiums anywhere in the world, except US - Popmart I think really hurt them. If you want attendance problems and them becoming the joke, good for you.

Well, that depends on what they charged. Just about anyone could fill Football Stadiums if the promoters priced it accordingly.

I'll take NoControl's repeated trolling attempts.

If you search for Bono's actual "Best Band in the world" quotes he adds "on that particular night". Even if he did modify he speech as the tour progressed. If you go through the tours, lets look at when they were the best band in the world:

85 - half the time
87 - Almost every night
89 - Virtually every night
92/3 - Virtually every night
97 - Stones/Bowie/Radiohead toured this year (40%?)
01 - Almost every night
05 - Should be better than 01 and could be 87-93 worthy.

I think most posters on this forum can agree with this list.

I'd also like to correct some NoControl on one thing. Pink Floyd can be trumped. Worldwide promoter presented the following groups serious monetary offers to ABBA(who never disbanded, BTW) Beatles(when there were 3) and Led Zeppelin that would make Floyd/U2/Metallica look like chump change. Think stadia with an average ticket of $200.

If you can namecheck a over decade inactive 3/4 Pink Floyd(with all 5 being still alive) it's only fair that I can name these, right?

Also, there a 2003 U2 stadium tour for Police/No Doubt. Everything was booked, including dates, except Sting pulled out at the last minute. I'm sure that could trump metallica's half full stadiums. BTW, the police are another group who never officially "broke up" - just like Pink Floyd.

That's enough for now.

U2FP

Come on people, we all know Menudo was the greatest band this planet EVER EVER knew (OK, maybe NKOTB were bigger). Anyone who says anything else is just utterly stupid and should be send back to kindergarten right away.... :mad: :mad:

And now please talk again about the too high or not too high ticket prices of this band called U2. Who unfortunately, are just a marginal player in the world of really big bands and artists like Ashley Simpson and Avril Lavigne.....

Thank You

U2FanPeter said:
I'd also like to correct some NoControl on one thing. Pink Floyd can be trumped. Worldwide promoter presented the following groups serious monetary offers to ABBA(who never disbanded, BTW) Beatles(when there were 3) and Led Zeppelin that would make Floyd/U2/Metallica look like chump change. Think stadia with an average ticket of $200.

Floyd have sold more albums than Zeppelin have. If you look at Zep's certifications, you'd have to decrease their US and worldwide total for their double and triple albums that were certified after 1997 because of the RIAA counting them as more than one unit sale. Zeppelin's total sales then would come out to 175 Million worldwide. Floyd's total is 200 Million worldwide. ABBA broke up. Zeppelin is broken up too. I'm takling about bands who are still officially together. The $200 average price is BS for Zeppelin and ABBA. For The Beatles, it would be about right however.

Originally posted by U2FanPeter If you can namecheck a over decade inactive 3/4 Pink Floyd(with all 5 being still alive) it's only fair that I can name these, right?

???

Originally posted by U2FanPeter Also, there a 2003 U2 stadium tour for Police/No Doubt. Everything was booked, including dates, except Sting pulled out at the last minute. I'm sure that could trump metallica's half full stadiums. BTW, the police are another group who never officially "broke up" - just like Pink Floyd.

That's very hard to believe, as Sting has stated countless times that he'd wouldn't need the money, etc. And the Police are broken up.

Originally posted by U2FanPeter That's enough for now.

U2FP

Really? I want more.

NoControl said:

A few weeks back, Billboard stated the gross amount U2's made on the first two legs of the Vertigo tour. And $90 average is the European leg average price.

Let me know when you've studied that stats thoroughly. Because Floyd have had at least four albums sell well over 10 Million copies each (The Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals & The Wall). And possibly like I said, The Division Bell. Also, The Floyd haven't really had any hit singles, apart from 2. They make albums, in the purest sense. Let's see U2 sell 10 Million copies of an album without a hit single. Not gonna happen.

Relevance is an opinion. The number don't lie.

I've already gone over countless times why the Stones have grossed more than The Floyd. I guess you don't listen. And the only reason why U2 have #1 tours whenever they tour, is because The Stones and The Floyd have hardly ever been on the road at the same time as U2 has. You think that's a coincidence?

Let me know when you know what you're takling about.

Awards don't mean shit in determining anything. That's just an opinion. I'm talking about numbers.

I've already gone over the double album counting as two argument, remember...in another thread?

And let me tell you something about Roger Waters. He wasn't their main songwriter. And I couldn't give two shits if he's in the band or not. He wrote nearly all the lyrics, yes. But they all were main songwriters. Waters only wrote the majority of the material on The Wall (an album that without the vast majority of the production, which was Gilmour & Ezrin's, wouldn't have sounded anything like it does today) & all the material on The Final Cut. The rest was pretty equal in terms of songwriting duties.

Well, that depends on what they charged. Just about anyone could fill Football Stadiums if the promoters priced it accordingly.

U2 has also lots of albums over 10 million: Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, ATYCLB, HTDAAB... singles were not the issue here. At least U2 doesn't need double albums to do it.

"Biggest band in the world" is also an opinion.

Well DUH. Pink Floyd haven't toured since 1994. So what if U2 and Stones don't tour at the same time? (they did, actually - Popmart and one of Stones tours both happened in 1997-1998 - so you're wrong. Stones' tours also last longer usually so that helps them)
Doesn't change the fact U2 is one of the best live acts, and Stones aren't even close to their album sales - and unlike Stones, the fans aren't there to hear the hits and oldies. I hardly think U2 has anything to fear.

How convenient for you not to care about Grammys or Waters being in the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom