Tinnitus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wore ear plugs at the Chicago 5/9 concert. I'm glad I did! My sisters did not, and their hearing was messed up for a while. People -- protect your ears....permanent damage can happen.:(

ewings said:
People -- protect your ears....permanent damage can happen.:(

Regardless of if you notice it or not, or even feel it or not...if you don't wear ear plugs at a U2 show you are doing damage.

OSHA’s Permissible Noise Exposure

90 dB 8.0 hours

92 dB 6.0 hours

95 dB 4.0 hours

97 dB 3.0 hours

100 dB 2.0 hours

102 dB 1.5 hours

105 dB 1.0 hours

110 dB 30 minutes

115 dB 15 minutes

Average Rock Concert = 110 - 125 db.

Remember too, that every 3 db increase is a DOUBLING of the sound energy or volume. YOU ARE DAMAGING YOUR HEARING IF YOU DON'T WEAR PROTECTION.

hey ouizy -
how was that NIN show? I'm going to see them in October, but can't decide if I want to see them in Denver or C. Springs (smaller venue). I imagine it will be LOUD!

If I do two shows in a row, and I'm on the floor, I get the ringing, but usually it doesn't persist past the next day.

I also developed tinnitus after my 3 shows in May. But, I also listened to music thru headphones at an obscene volume for the last 15 years. I went to the ear dr. after a week of ringing.(Only in the right ear.) Then went to an audiologist for my test. Now, I lost hearing in the higher frequencies. (Which is why you hear the ringing.) They told me all the facts and wished me luck. Now 2 months later the ringing is very low or not even there.

I was informed that since it is nerve damage, stimulants are a problem: No caffeine, No peppermint, No fatty foods! I also took a b-complex vitamin(supports the nervous system) Also accupuncture has been a good therapy, friends I know w/ tinnitus swear by its results.

So, no headphones and wear earplugs! Please see a doctor ASAP, and good luck.
Jess

Jdragonfly said:
I also developed tinnitus after my 3 shows in May. But, I also listened to music thru headphones at an obscene volume for the last 15 years. I went to the ear dr. after a week of ringing.(Only in the right ear.) Then went to an audiologist for my test. Now, I lost hearing in the higher frequencies. (Which is why you hear the ringing.) They told me all the facts and wished me luck. Now 2 months later the ringing is very low or not even there.

I was informed that since it is nerve damage, stimulants are a problem: No caffeine, No peppermint, No fatty foods! I also took a b-complex vitamin(supports the nervous system) Also accupuncture has been a good therapy, friends I know w/ tinnitus swear by its results.

So, no headphones and wear earplugs! Please see a doctor ASAP, and good luck.
Jess

Going to the doc tomorrow...

As far as the NIN show - all I can say is that I was truly and absolutely amazed (Unfortunately I could not say this about Vertigo.)

It was in a club, which that alone makes for an incredible show - NIN in a club??? I was pretty close to the stage, and they bamnd were increedible. I have seen NIN a couple of times, but this lineup really rocks.

Twiggy Ramirez is a great addition, but overall the sound was extraordinary. The prduction was very very limited and it was all about the music. it was a pretty rough set and there were no breaks - it went from beginning to end with only a few thank yous here and there. They were really trying to prove something, and absolutely did.

As far as the arena show - I am considering going, but do not know yet. I have seen them in an arena, and it was great, but I really do nto want to ruin the experience I had in may (aside from the hearing issue, of course.) I think the show will be brilliant, and I have to very highly recommend it.

Trent is in rare form - I do not know if it is because he is sober or not, but this time 'round it really is all about the music and less about onstage antics...

Back
Top Bottom