Time to drop Bullet now that RTSS has gone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boozyuzi

Acrobat
"Now is the time....now is the moment.....this is it.....this is our moment............this is the concert where we are going to retire Bullet" !!!!!!!

Huge cheer !!!!!!

About bloody time:huh:

It's reckon it's time Bullet was retired as it looks like RTSS may be getting dropped. Personally I could handle Bullet every night as long as we got RTSS with it but now that RTSS might be heading for the exit then it's time that Bullet went as well. Maybe they could replace it wih a more regular Bad, UTEOTW or maybe even Hold Me, Thrill Me...

Boozyuzi said:
"Now is the time....now is the moment.....this is it.....this is our moment............this is the concert where we are going to retire Bullet" !!!!!!!

Huge cheer !!!!!!

About bloody time:huh:

It's reckon it's time Bullet was retired as it looks like RTSS may be getting dropped. Personally I could handle Bullet every night as long as we got RTSS with it but now that RTSS might be heading for the exit then it's time that Bullet went as well. Maybe they could replace it wih a more regular Bad, UTEOTW or maybe even Hold Me, Thrill Me...

Please/Miss Sarajevo anyone?

no i would rather keep bullet/miss sarajevo

edge seems to have worked out a great new solo, specially that one he played in amsterdam

KUEFC09U2 said:
no i would rather keep bullet/miss sarajevo

edge seems to have worked out a great new solo, specially that one he played in amsterdam

solo in Amsterdam was very very good...I love this review of the rome show by mr ambroso etc at U2tours...if some of us get you edgy KUEFC09U2 you should definately have no problem wanting to get into a fight with this idiot...

:wink:

take care now... if you need backup I'm with you

zwervers2 said:

solo in Amsterdam was very very good...I love this review of the rome show by mr ambroso etc at U2tours...if some of us get you edgy KUEFC09U2 you should definately have no problem wanting to get into a fight with this idiot...

:wink:

take care now... if you need backup I'm with you
sorry lol i really dont understand that post :|

KUEFC09U2 said:
sorry lol i really dont understand that post :|

what do you not understand?

I wil post the review here one second:

Review by: Ambrose Mantara Lacha

I am in Rome for another U2 show. I got a lot of bad flack from U2 fans around the globe for posting such a bad review of the show I attended. I saw the Rome show, and I still stand by everything I said. First and foremost, Bono's voice is horrible. Freakin horrible. Miss Sarajevo was a complete joke tonight. Bono should be deprived of a microphone. Moreover, what band plays the same tired set list over and over again. No variety at all. So many have called U2 great, but great bands do not do this. Great bands play different sets. The Edge is not what he used to be. Bullet is terrible live. The new arrangement is the same recycled thing they have been doing for years. The highlight for me was Yahweh because things were coming to a close. I am happy that I did not have to pay a dime to see this overrated band grow old on stage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think here at interference we have been rather kind comared to this joke..don;t you think

Can only put a few songs in there to replace Bullet as they have this definite theme going in that quartet of songs, something like HMTMKMKM would not fit at all there. Please would be nice though...

Even though it's a staple I haven't grown as tired of Bullet as a song like Pride, because they do always manage to infuse something different into Bullet on each tour.

zwervers2 said:

I am in Rome for another U2 show. I got a lot of bad flack from U2 fans around the globe for posting such a bad review of the show I attended. I saw the Rome show, and I still stand by everything I said. First and foremost, Bono's voice is horrible. Freakin horrible. Miss Sarajevo was a complete joke tonight. Bono should be deprived of a microphone. Moreover, what band plays the same tired set list over and over again. No variety at all. So many have called U2 great, but great bands do not do this. Great bands play different sets. The Edge is not what he used to be. Bullet is terrible live. The new arrangement is the same recycled thing they have been doing for years. The highlight for me was Yahweh because things were coming to a close. I am happy that I did not have to pay a dime to see this overrated band grow old on stage.

I think here at interference we have been rather kind comared to this joke..don;t you think
what a stupid thing to say on a U2 site :wink:

Imagine how the review would have been IF he had paid for his ticket.

Personally I think Bullet The Blue Sky has never sounded better. The solo is amazing. At both the concerts I've been attending it was one of the highlights of the show, surpassing even Sunday Bloody Sunday at the Milan show. It should definitely stay, the Love And Peace Or Else -> Sunday Bloody Sunday -> Bullet The Blue Sky combo is the best transition on this tour. Stay.

Actually my only complaint about the setlist now would be With Or Without You. Bad transition and not that great a performance. Swap that for Mysterious Ways and the set couldn't get much better.

the fact is bono is using u2 to promote his misguided (but kind hearted) campaign for africa.
the central part of the set is designed to deliver HIS message, whether it provides an invigorating rock'n'roll experience is debatable till the end of time.
imo some songs have vitality others are just purely shit.
pride is an insult to a once great song, w/out you similar.
bono routinely gives half-hearted renditions of some tunes.

on this tour there are signs that u2 will become an ageing parody of themselves.
somewhere in between that italian guys comments and those of some fanatical and blind interferncers lies a truth:

u2 tours are getting worse. thats logically what always was going to happen and will happen. its only rock'n'roll.

hahaha here we go... i am blind because i am enjoying it, get a life and move on mate, just because you dont like it dosent mean everyone else thinks that same as you, personally i think its the best tour since Zoo. but hey am a blond follower right? or a sheep

and i actually feel quite offended that you use that type of language to describe someone who is enjoying the tour

Last edited:
brwh1 said:
the fact is bono is using u2 to promote his misguided (but kind hearted) campaign for africa.
the central part of the set is designed to deliver HIS message, whether it provides an invigorating rock'n'roll experience is debatable till the end of time.

on this tour there are signs that u2 will become an ageing parody of themselves.
somewhere in between that italian guys comments and those of some fanatical and blind interferncers lies a truth:

u2 tours are getting worse. thats logically what always was going to happen and will happen. its only rock'n'roll.
oh and one other thing, why the hell are you still here if you think things are getting worse? please dont assume that we all think like you

brwh1 said:

3 songs does not make a central part of the set. (in fact it's only about 1/8 of the concert). And I say three songs liberally only because of the African chants in Streets.

Last edited:
zwervers2 said:

I wonder how many U2 shows she has seen over the years. Probably not many, looking at the "different sets" comment.

It's also funny to call the Bullet arrangement recicled when in fact they dropped the Jimi Hendrix impersonation solo/slide guitar effects for the first time in years on this tour.

While Bono will have better and worse nights, listening to a few bootlegs I think he sounds better than Elevation and Popmart.

KUEFC09U2, it is an amazing thing, to see how you in the EXACT same thread have the nerve to call someone an idiot:

KUEFC09U2 said:
nothing moe than an ungreatful, selfish idiot

And then allow yourself to feel offended because someone speaks of fanatical and blind interferencers:

KUEFC09U2 said:

and i actually feel quite offended that you use that type of language

I've only got one thing to say about this: :tsk:

a couple observations:

1. someone called the people who enjoy the shows "blind" for the 2,586,393rd time here on interference. it's old.

2. U2Man, i think you get off too much on trolling KUEFC09U2. sure he gets emotional about things, but it's hard to think much of you when you call KUEFC09U2 out on just about everything he says.

I havn´t participated in one of those hug sessions i notice around here. But damn it, i will start one if its needed :wink:

mikal said:
a couple observations:

1. someone called the people who enjoy the shows "blind" for the 2,586,393rd time here on interference. it's old.

2. U2Man, i think you get off too much on trolling KUEFC09U2. sure he gets emotional about things, but it's hard to think much of you when you call KUEFC09U2 out on just about everything he says.

1. Don't know what you are trying to say here. How does that interfere with my post and my point?

2. I am trolling!?????!!!! :scratch: I'd have to say, that's an offense, Mikal.

I am calling KUEFC09U2 out on everything he says? I can tell you one thing for sure - that is something that goes both ways, my friend, it really is. Read some recent threads, and I think you will realise it, even KUEFC09U2 would have to agree here. And it's safe to say, too, that he was jumping up and down my throat with his U2 Defense Plan before I started commenting on his posts.

If you are trying to defend what KUEFC09U2 just did in this thread, I'd have to say, you're defending the indefendable.

Last edited:
Personally, I like the ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation version of BTBS better than this one simply because of his spoken word part... Every tour he did something different during that section, and it was cool. Now it's cut completely, and I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Musically, I'm not sure which one I like best. Popmart is pretty funky, I like that one alot...

Again, that is just all personal preference though. Not technically speaking.

U2Man said:

1. Don't know what you are trying to say here. How does that interfere with my post and my point?

2. I am trolling!?????!!!! :scratch: I'd have to say, that's an offense, Mikal.

I am calling KUEFC09U2 out on everything he says? I can tell you one thing for sure - that is something that goes both ways, my friend, it really is. Read some recent threads, and I think you will realise it, even KUEFC09U2 would have to agree here. And it's safe to say, too, that he was jumping up and down my throat with his big U2 Defense Plan before I started commenting on his posts.

If you are trying to defend what KUEFC09U2 just did in this thread, I'd have to say, you're defending the indefendable.

#1 had nothing to do with you.

of course there are 2 sides to every story, but it seems like every time i see you post, you're usually starting shit with KUEFC09U2. i'm not defending anythone, i'm just observing.

mikal said:

#1 had nothing to do with you.

of course there are 2 sides to every story, but it seems like every time i see you post, you're usually starting shit with KUEFC09U2. i'm not defending anythone, i'm just observing.

Nope, since you just accused me of trolling, you are in NO position to say that you are 'only observing'.

mikal said:

yes i am.:)

Alright, if that's your idea of discussing, no further comments then.

Uh eh, I actually did have one more comment: It's "hard to think much of you" if this is indeed your attitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom