Tickets on sale now for Croke Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ShellBeThere said:
Oh my god you're kidding?!

Is that because it's a sort of fundraiser or is that what tickets cost these days:eek:

Actually I think it's the ticket seller trying to make huge profits as U2 would not supply them the ticket at anything like these prices.

Thats extortion in any currency I think...even the scalpers didn't get that much off me for Elevation Tour. I expect to pay more, but not sure I was ready for that much more. I'm gonna wait until its announced officially

Diane L said:
Exchange rates for the dollar vs. the pound are high these days. One pound = 1.80 U.S. dollars. That is a major reason these tickets are so expensive.

Except the pound has always been expensive.

Okay so lets say the pound goes down to US1.6 (pretty low in terms of the last decade). That still makes those premium seats USD440.

These guys are taking the piss. I would urge everybody here not to buy any of these 'tickets'.. until anything official comes out they will not have their hand on any tickets so are working on the assumption that they can take our cash and buy the actual tickets, hopefully, at some point further down the line.

Very suspect don't you think??

Edge - where are ya?

Jim said:
These guys are taking the piss. I would urge everybody here not to buy any of these 'tickets'.. until anything official comes out they will not have their hand on any tickets so are working on the assumption that they can take our cash and buy the actual tickets, hopefully, at some point further down the line.

Very suspect don't you think??

Edge - where are ya?

I agree with you. I think these guys are trying to capitalize on the Vertigo hype.

I posted this reply in the News section, but it might be good to also post it here:

Keep in mind that this isn't an official ticket sales outlet. You can try to buy tickets, but you're not guaranteed that they will have them as the sales haven't started yet. If you're lucky, you get the tickets at these (highly elevated) prices. If not, you're out of tickets (although I do think they reimburse you).

Just a warning...

Marty

It's a bunch a crap. There's no way anybody is already selling tickets. If they are, it's A SCAM!!!

so you could go spend $500 australian dollars and not get a seat?.
its stupid...offically a tour hanst been announced.

allthough i was tempted to buy them at first glance.

i dunno
i'm kinda skeptical and i'm not

i do think its strange that they're selling tickets before anythign has been announced, but i dont think that necessarily means its a scam. its a reputable company and just because nothing has been officially announced does not mean that it hasnt been organised and confirmed behind the scenes and maybe these guys have been giving rights to sell tickets - they've just jumped the gun slightly?

alos, could they really get away with it if they were selling tickets that they had no intention of honouring? its not like its some random guy in ebay flogging them.

i'm gonna keep and eye on it, i may buy some i may not, haven't really made up my mind about what i think yet

I think the very fact that the following is mentioned underneath the order form says it all...

These tickets may be subject to a change of date. If this unlikely scenario does occur all tickets will be valid for the subsequent dates. The Online Ticket Shop will inform you of any date change

Its clear from this that, however likely the shows are to take place (and I personally think they will), they are obviously STILL UNCONFIRMED. U2.com will officially announce dates I'm sure, and I'd advise everyone and anyone and his dog to wait until that point. Does anyone remember a similar thing in 2002 when U2 were supposedly going to do a European stadium tour with Oasis opening for them starting in Amsterdam? U2 hadn't announced anything, even if it was planned, and lots of people were scammed into buying tickets. I'm not suggesting this one is a scam also, but it doesn't exactly seem conventional does it? :wink:

Even after waiting, I'd still avoid those kind of prices. I think U2 would be pretty disgusted with £275 a ticket. There are always ways to get hold of tix at reasonable prices if you miss out when they go on sale, be it through EBAY, people on here, or the various U2 groups/lists etc. Communication!

Even turn up at the venue itself without a ticket - not that I'd personally recommended that - but if you're willing to chance your luck - I've never been to a show yet without someone selling tickets outside at a reasonable price - and that includes 17 U2 shows now.

I wouldn't buy there! There was a rumour a couple of years ago that U2 would play in Amsterdam (I think it was the summer of 2002), but they never played there. Online shops like these were already selling tickets for that show when it wasn't even confirmed. People lost a lot of money on it.

Back
Top Bottom