Tickets On Sale in December, 2004 In US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teta040 said:
Hm...so does this mean an arena (Albany), a series of shows in one arena (Boston) and a stadium (Giants Stadium in NYC)?

Then again, they could do an outdoor show at the Saratoga Harness Track, like they did in 1992.

They have guts, trying to fill stadiums this time around....trying to keep the stadium show alive, or just bragging rights? We might be in for a more elaborate stage this time around, then...

Based on what they did on POPMART, the band can play multiple Stadium shows in places like Chicago, Boston and New York, as well as a few arena shows in those markets. Places like Washington DC, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Miami, LA, will probably get one stadium show and one arena show. Canada might be all stadiums. The rest of the shows will probably be in Arena's. Everywhere else outside of North America is rumored to be Stadiums.

I think when you hear that the tour will be a mix of arenas and stadiums, it means arenas in the U.S. and stadiums in Europe. Just like Elevation. Doing stadiums in the U.S. during March, April, and May doesn't make much sense weather wise.

:eek: Tix on sale in DECEMBER??? Fact?? Fiction? Arenas v/s stadiums? Ticket prices?? Availiabity?? :crazy: :yikes: I'm running out of time to get my pennies together - PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!!! :faint:

With Paul McGuinness' announcement to Billboard that the tour will begin in Florida (most likely Miami) in March it might be semi-safe to say we could see tickets going on sale sometime in December....maybe.:huh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
ATYCLB was released in October, and tickets for those shows went onsale in January. That tour also began in March, so...

True, but Elevation began in late March, while this one is beginning right at the start of the month. Maybe that will have an impact ...?

It would make sense for tickets to go on sale during dec., xmas season and all...wouldnt mind getting a u2 concert ticket from santa in my stocking this year .

I asked this question on another thread, but I don't believe I ever received an answer, so I hope no-one minds if I ask again here.

What is the likely length of time between the announcement of dates and when the tickets go on sale? Should I expect only a few days or a couple of weeks?

I'm not sure, Axver. I'd say a few weeks at least, that would be bad marketing IMO if it was only a couple days. Before the second leg of Elevation in the US, I had more than a couple weeks notice. Of course, when the day came I was on ticketmaster to buy the ticket and the server was busy....:huh:

Can anybody tell me how I can get decent tickets for their shows? Do I have to register for Propaganda online? Or register on something at U2.com? I need to know, because I refuse to buy U2 tickets at Kroger's the minute they go onsale and end up in the top tier again.

I have no idea how people get good seats.... HELP ME!

BluRmGrl said:
:eek: Tix on sale in DECEMBER??? Fact?? Fiction? Arenas v/s stadiums? Ticket prices?? Availiabity?? :crazy: :yikes: I'm running out of time to get my pennies together - PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!!! :faint:

:crazy: :yikes: Eek, me too. And to think that I made a decision to get the iPod. Ack, I'm confused.

35 arena dates probably means almost $35 million in gate receipts. I would want that sitting in my account collecting interest. Don't be surprised to see sales in 2004.

Axver said:
What is the likely length of time between the announcement of dates and when the tickets go on sale? Should I expect only a few days or a couple of weeks?

Well, whatever happens...

Look for all hell to break loose whenever we DO get some definite info..

I guess the people watching their mailboxes for the Prop. letter will be the first to tell us..it's supposed to arrive starting this week...*crosses fingers, please let me still be active*

Back
Top Bottom