Tickets for multiple venues???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
I've just recieved my e-mail with my code.One question,can you buy tickets for more than 1 venue,i.e 2 tickets for paris and 2 tickets for Manchester? Maybe i'm being thick but the e-mail does'nt seem to clarify this:eyebrow:

Not sure about that one Boy:eyebrow:
I know you can only buy TWO tickets in any case...

Are you still secretly hoping that there's gonna be a venue down the road from you that hosts a gig?:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Not sure about that one Boy:eyebrow:
I know you can only buy TWO tickets in any case...

Are you still secretly hoping that there's gonna be a venue down the road from you that hosts a gig?:wink:
Venue close to me?why what have you heard:wink:
What i was planning was to get tickets for somewhere quite close and maybe Paris/Amsterdam,hence the question in my original post.Thats if i can get ANY tickets:mad:
U2 in Cov :drool: :drool: :drool:

I thought that once you made a purchase it locked your code regardless of wether you buy the 4 outdoor tickets or not.

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a Paid-up U2.Com Subscriber you will be able to purchase up to two
(2) tickets for any one (1) indoor show (North America) or up to four (4)
tickets for any one (1) outdoor show (Europe).

Here's what it says in the email...but im still confused...
So you and I, being in Europe Boy, can buy 4 tickets?:eyebrow:

Reading another thread it definately looks like the code is only valid for one venue and thats your lot.If thats the case thats BOLLOCKS:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Holy shit this is gonna be a fight to the death methinks:ohmy:

For Europe its 4 TICKETS for ONE show
North America 2 TICKETS for ONE show.

This was always the case, the only thing I'm bothered about is the different times that each show goes on sale we only want European dates, this will be interesting as between 4 of us we have 8 memberships but i bet we dont get 8 concerts!

I'm lost and crazy!!!!:crazy:

Please, Do I will be able to buy only for one show ? And if i want to go to all shows of CA, Do i have to buy tickets in general sale?????
Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm from Brazil and i'm going to San Diego, i want to go to all shows in CA!!!!!!:huh:

So if someone else in my family were to sign up, i would be able to sign up....well 3 more times, if i wanted to....and i would be able to use the pre-sale for 4 shows?.....that seems a little unfair.....but usefull :wink:

Yeah, if the code is only good for one show on the tour, that really stinks. Even Prince allowed you 2 presale tix for EACH show on his tour, and his online fan club was only $25 to join (and I got FRONT ROW seats at one of the shows)!

nurse chrissi said:
the dog is getting a membership as of today:wink:

I would think twice before doing this. I bought my cat a membership as a belated Xmas gift and although my cc has been charged, it's still not reflected at U2.com! (i.e. no access to the same sites, I still see info enticing me to subscribe), grrr...I've emailed them twice but to no avail. If they haven't processed mine yet, I think it will be really hard for them to do it for others with such short notice.

Hopefully they have people working overtime because I think loads of people are going to sign up this weekend...

p.s.: Btw, this is edited to add that I used the same credit card for both memberships and that may be the problem...Perhaps if you use two different ones, it will work...

Last edited:
If we're reading it right, I think it's really shitty for people to pay $40 just to be guaranteed two tickets to ONE show and that's it.

$40 for the promise of buying two tickets to ONE show?

You'd do better on eBay. I really hope I'm reading this wrong. Because hearing you guys pay $40 multiple times is making me really sad.

carrie-

that doesnt seem right.

a fan shouldnt have to pay 40.00 for each venue he wants to attend.

can u check into this?

thx,
dave
:)

from what I understand as far as the presale goes. Only 2 tix for 1 show in the US. So if you buy one membership you can buy up to 2 tix for one US show. Not sure about if you can buy one ticket for one show and one for another show with a different date. But if you have multiple memberships that opens up your chances at more shows.

However not all shows are going on sale at the same time for the presale. You have to wait till monday to see what the presale dates are for each venue

Here's what u2.com says:

"Q. Does the Internet pre-sale start on the same day for all shows?
A. No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to view all of the shows included in the pre-sale and the start date of the pre-sale for each show by following the links in the email containing your unique access code. "

I cant understand why people dont get this?
The tickets allocations were on the first email we all had, its not much different to how Propaganda worked. You were only allocated 2 tickets for 2 shows but that was way back and seeing how now there are more subscribers maybe this gives more fans a chance to get to a show.

I don't think fans should have to pay any type of membership fee! I'm just going to take my chances the old fashioned way:shrug:

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:
I don't think fans should have to pay any type of membership fee! I'm just going to take my chances the old fashioned way:shrug:

Wow you are a brave one! But what is there 700 people in winnipeg? :wave:

I'm using my code for the 1st San Diego show then I'm going to do as Bono's Betty says.... buy the other shows the old fashioned way... let Ticket Fucker put me in some stupid lottery system as I line up with other U2 fans and hope we get GA. Wish I hadn't spent the $40 now. Seems lame that we only get tix to one show. You would think for that amount of money we would at least get 2 shows. They really know how to get our money. And don't even mention the 'fees' Ticket Fucker adds....

I am really sorry for putting this so bluntly. Common sense told me that u2.com were going to give me 2 tickets for an indoor show or 4 tickets for an outdoor show. They never offered any more tickets than that for a single subscription.

"You will be able to buy 2 tickets for any indoor show OR 4 tickets for any outdoor show during your membership term." - general u2.com faq for membership benefits.

All that was ever stated from this was that you had access to ANY city on the tour.

2 or 4, 2 or 4, 2 or 4.

It was there from the very start.

It is a total rip off! Last time they came here was for popmart and i got my tix from a guy that worked at the stadium and a friend of mine wated in line and her tix were two rows directly behind me! My seats were pretty good. On the floor, the "boys" walked out right infont of me. So i don't think everyone should worry about TicketMaster so much. Be :cool: everyone! :)

So if you want to buy the 4 outdoor Europe, and the 2 indoor USA, you can, or you can't? I believe it was Prop 6 tkts, and you could allocate them however you wanted, e.g., you wanted to go to 6 venues, you could buy 1 each venue, or 2 for 3 venues.

I am really getting interested in how these unique codes are going to work, there has to be thousands of them. You can bet the brokers have all joined and got them as well.

but another question, if it's GA, why would anybody have to join the fanclub just to get a GA tkt, it wouldn't matter at all, unless they were joining to ensure they got the GA tkt. But those were pretty plentiful last time, nobody needed to join it to get those did they?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom