Ticketmaster tickets received by e-mail (and printed): Anyone use them? Ellipse scan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
Has anyone else ordered their U2 tickets from Ticketmaster and had them e-mailed to you? (I think they call it TicketFast or something....they e-mail the tickets to you and then you print them on your own computer.)

Anyway, these are the kind of tickets I have for Philadelphia. The instructions says that these are the actual tickets (with bar code) that you present at the arena. The strange thing is that they are now printed out on 8 1/2 X 11 paper. I have to believe that I'm going to be the only tool out of 20,000 at the arena with these tickets.

So, for anyone who has used these tickets on U2's shows for this tour so far, here' my question:

1. Do they really work? Do the ticket-takers at the arena recognize them or give you any problem?

2. Can they be scanned for entry into the "Ellipse" (since my tickets are GA)?

Thanks.

Lots of people brings these actually

they work just like a normal ticket

you wont have any problems from workers and they will scan it to see if you get into the ellipse

so no worries :up:

For the questions you have posed, there is no difference between ticketfast (emailed) tickets and regular (hard) tickets. Both will gain you access to the arena.

If you have any lingering concerns, call TM to get your emailed tickets replaced with the hard tickets. It's free if you use regular mail, or $14.50 if you use three-day UPS.

Ticketfast tickets work the same as regular tickets (but make lousy souvenirs), as long as you bought them from Ticketmaster yourself. Buying Ticketfast on the secondary market is dangerous, too easy to be scammed...200 people were scammed this way in Mancheter NH this past Saturday for a Green Day show.

I bought some ticketfast tickets on ebay, no problems. If you do buy them this way I would go with paypal so you have some recourse. I held my breath when they scanned the ticket at the arena, knowing that they can be printed out over and over.

Thanks everyone for your re-assurances. Since it appears these tickets don't give any problems (and can be scanned for the Ellipse) then I won't spend another $14.50 to have hard copy tickets mailed to me. Three cheers for the digital age.

Don't worry about Ticketfast if you ordered them yourself-----just like everyone's said, they'll work fine. The one concern is buying Ticketfast tix secondhand. Anyone with a color copier could sell a few copies of the ticket, and only the first person to have it scanned will get in.

Back
Top Bottom