Ticketmaster says:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdove

The Fly
Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but I heard on the radio that Ticketmaster stated U2 as the highest selling/attended tour for 2005. Yay! They beat out Coldplay, The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, and the disc jockey announced a lot of other concerts this year, U2 topped them all.

yes, Vertigo Tour is on pace to be the highest grossing tour of all time at over 400 million. but when the current Rolling Stones tour is over it will surpass U2's tour with a gross over 500 million.

Chizip said:
yes, Vertigo Tour is on pace to be the highest grossing tour of all time at over 400 million. but when the current Rolling Stones tour is over it will surpass U2's tour with a gross over 500 million.

which is understandable, since RS tickets are the price of a used car....

innominata8 said:

which is understandable, since RS tickets are the price of a used car....

true, im pretty sure the U2 tour will have been more highly attended, but not positive about it.

You know, Chizip, you're right. I thought about that when the DJ included the Rolling Stones, because their tour isn't finished and the ticket prices are :huh: . However, they may not be the most popular tour of 2005-2006.

What would the Stones have said back in the '60's if someone told them in 40 years they'd be doing a tour and bringing in a half BILLION dollars playing pretty much the same songs?

u2wedge said:
What would the Stones have said back in the '60's if someone told them in 40 years they'd be doing a tour and bringing in a half BILLION dollars playing pretty much the same songs?

Mick probably would have said "AWESOME!" :laugh:

What is funny is that I have seen a interview with Mick from back in the 60's and they ask him. "Mick can you see yourself doing this when your 50 or 60?" and his reply was "Oh definately!" :laugh: I guess he even knew back then. :shrug:

Blue Room said:
...What is funny is that I have seen a interview with Mick from back in the 60's and they ask him. "Mick can you see yourself doing this when your 50 or 60?" and his reply was "Oh definately!" :laugh: I guess he even knew back then. :shrug:

Really?

I like his style!

Back
Top Bottom