Ticketmaster & Debit Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Guys, this is urgent. Does TM accept Debit cards as well as credit cards? Cos my parents don't, um, have credit cards right now:huh:

And I NEED to get tix via the general sale! Please tell me they take Debit.

...in fact, would someone kindly walk me through the process (online and telephone), this is my first time and I need help.:|

Thanks!

if your card has a visa or mastercard logo on it as well as the bank's name, you can use it to buy tickets online (or anything else). If it's just a regular ATM card with only the bank's logo, it won't be valid.

laz

I bought all my tickets with my PNC Bank Card ... it works fine. Your card should be linked to a company like Visa or Mastercard. Create an account ahead of time with ticketmaster using your card information and that will be your piece of mind that your card works if they accept it. Good luck!

i used my Debit Card to buy Vertigo tickets, and mine has a Visa logo. so you should be fine. just don't buy tickets to more than 1 show, they will cancel them.

nuke126 said:
i used my Debit Card to buy Vertigo tickets, and mine has a Visa logo. so you should be fine. just don't buy tickets to more than 1 show, they will cancel them.

Why will they cancel them?

one last question:

if they are playing 2+ dates in your city, can you search for tix, say GA:wink: , on any one of the dates, if it makes no difference to you which day it is? Or do you have to choose a date and hope there are some that day, and if not, attempt another day seperately? Thanks...

VertigoGal.....go to Ticketmaster's site before the sale and create an account and register the debit card--this way you'll be able to check out that much faster once you get tickets because there is a time limit in transactions or the tix are released.

Choosing the date is the first option....so you will need to choose a date before trying.

nuke126 said:

Not true. I bought 2GAs each to two Boston shows on the same card. It's only in the UK where they are cancelling if you buy to multiple dates. In the US, there's a limit of how many tickets you can buy per show but you can buy that amount at as many shows as you want. And in the presale, the code limits you anyway.

Axver said:

Not true. I bought 2GAs each to two Boston shows on the same card. It's only in the UK where they are cancelling if you buy to multiple dates. In the US, there's a limit of how many tickets you can buy per show but you can buy that amount at as many shows as you want. And in the presale, the code limits you anyway.

That's what I thought too, I bought for 3 different shows on the same card (in general sale), and had no problems at all, have all tickets in hand and they all still appear on my ticket status on ticketmaster.com.

I thought maybe it had something to do with using a debit cards.:shrug:

Best of luck to ya hon! :hug:

If you're trying online, sometime you'll get crappy seats as best available or even a 'no results'...and then the next time you try it'll be good tix :shrug:....so don't get panicked during the process ok? Easier said then done, I know...

Thanks starsgoblue! :hug:

So, I set up my account, and said the credit card type was Visa, even though it's a Visa Debit card. How do I know for sure it took it? Do I get a confirmation e-mail? Am I being paranoid? lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom