Ticketless blues: 24 hours/day and 24 beers/case. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
4 down, 20 to go. Ticket fiasco is rapidly getting in better perspective. Oh well, that "Hallelujah" tune by Jeff Buckley is simply outstanding isn't it?

:lol: Thanks for the laugh! No coincidence there!

And I agree, Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" is a beautiful thing.

6 down. 18 to go. Aww, how could I stay mad at U2? Come here, guys...how about a hug?

Anyway, as a U2 fanatic for many years, I have to say I've been my own personal gatekeeper for what I think is cool music. Not much gets through. But that "Hallleluhah" song is just phenomenal (had to practice typing that word a few times). Too bad Jeff Buckley drowned. You know Bono recorded Hallelujah after J.Buckley did. Bono really loved it. It's a very special song. For those who are not religious, but really want to be...that song is somewhere between here and Heaven. (IMO of course.)

it was written by Leonard Cohen, he did it originally, where is he btw? All of Jeff Buckley's albums are great, so are his father's.

Thanks for the kind words about this thread. By the way, I think 8 down and (math getting fuzzy) 18 to go?

Yeah, I know Leonard Cohen wrote it....and I think countless people recorded it since then. In fact, 88.5 here in Philly once ran a whole morning of the many various recordings of "Halleluhah". Many were very good, but J.Buckley's version was just outstanding. Really, it was art in the truest sense. It touches me, really. It has the whole package...word, music, emotion....

bonoed said:
it was written by Leonard Cohen, he did it originally, where is he btw? All of Jeff Buckley's albums are great, so are his father's.

Do you mean Hallelujah or the thread title? :lol::lmao:

sallycinnamon78 said:

Do you mean Hallelujah or the thread title? :lol::lmao:

Unfortunately, both J.Buckley aand L.Cohen have met their maker. damn, I forget what the question was. Whatever.

sallycinnamon78 said:
:laugh: :laugh: to the best thread title I have seen so far!

Thanks Sally...English folks are allright. I lived there for a little bit in college (about one year). I spent a year down in Exeter/Devon (U. of Exeter). I loved it. What a beautiful country.

By the way, I lost count on the beers (somewere around 8/9).

At this point, I think it would be prudent to thank:

Flying Fish Grand Cru Winter Reserve Beer (Made in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA). Without you, this thread would not have been possible. Thanks.

Time for some ZZZZzzzzzssss. Right? Yeah.

Newkie...good brew. I have a feeling that this thread will silently die when us beer-drinkin' folks finally crash. We'll see where this thread is in the morning (wherever you are in the world).

Surely there must be some more rowdy people around the world tonight, right??

Back
Top Bottom