Ticketing gripes, good things, bad things thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosleftone

Refugee
Well I am now glad that I finally read that FAQ stating not all shows are going to be pre-saled on Tuesday. That's a good thing.

I am not mad that its only 2 tickets for 1 show (US side of things). That's common and should only be an issue if you're a whiner. They never promised tickets to every show one person wanted to go to. They're trying to accomodate everyone for at least one show. That's a good thing. The 40 bucks price for U2.com may be a bit out of line, but it does maybe keep some of the riffraff out IMO. A casual fan will likely not go for the presale. I do feel bad fo the po folks though.

The only thing I'm dreading now is the actual process of getting tickets. I am thankful that all of us with a code are guaranteed tickets as long as we get on the presale before it ends. This presale I hope is better than Elevation and as good as Popmart. Popmart presale for me was a breeze, Elevation was a hassle.

I hate buying tickets for shows like this, theres always one issue that comes up and I always end up getting nervous and shit typing my crap into Ticketmaster's online ordering system. Worst part is the 2 minute time limit they set bahhhh.

Why don't you setup your ticketmaster account today, that way you don't have to retype everything in a rush when the time comes.

ramblin rose said:
Why don't you setup your ticketmaster account today, that way you don't have to retype everything in a rush when the time comes.

Ive done that already, still cant trust those cunts at TM though. I hate that company, although they have done better the last few years with the way they handle loads and stuff.

No not necessarily screwed in the actual sense of that word, just pissed off. I had GA's for Charlotte via Ticketbastard all set and then had a Page cant be displayed error during the transaction and it didnt go through which almost prompted me to throw my computer out the window, I ended up not buying tickets for that show until Ebay, still got GA's but had to pay a bit more but really didnt get fleeced at all as I was willing to pay what I did (I paid 130 for two GA's three days before the gig).

Does anyone know if the tickets will be paper only or available through email? I havent been to a show in quite a while.

Would I have a better chance at gettin GA tickets lining up or on the internet through TM and calling them at the same time?

so the internet / phone route is the best? is lining up for tickets just a waste of time? i REALLY want to get tickets for opening night (as everyone does). which way is best?

I dont know .. It probably takes a lot longer for each person to get tickets waiting in line since the employees have to manually administer the tickets. Online I would think tickets would sell a lot faster since its all instant and computerized. That's just my theory though.

ONLINE! the phone thing has been automated for quite some time, and you have to answer all it's stupid menu items, it takes so long, it's a computer voiced woman, and after each one she also says "is that correct? If so press 1, if it's not correct press 2" blah blah, and I can't tell you how many times you end up getting to a dead end and have to start all over again calling! And so many times, it also misunderstands what show you say, and gives you some other stupid show, but yes you should dial the phone at the same time and go through the stupid menu items as you are on the computer too, jic. Seldom can you ever get through to an actual person on TM's phone lines, I think they have about 2 actual workers anymore. You can also call TM on any of it's phone #'s and get that same automated thing, so if for instance you want L.A., call the North Dakota TM # instead, because 5m other U2 fans in L.A. will be calling the local #.

And yes you can print out your tickets, I believe they send you an email of it you print out, I never did it, but I've bought some of them from brokers, and they just screen all our tickets at venues anymore for the bar codes, so it hardly matters if you have a regular ticket or the computer print out ones. Sort of like our airline tickets today.

There's few places to get actual tickets in person anymore, used to be at the Wherehouse record stores, which hardly exist, and Robinsons-May, and if you have ever tried to buy tickets at a Robinsons-May, then you never would again. The U2 show would be over before they'd get to the screen for you to purchase a ticket.

This isn't looking too good for those of us want seats, last time there was "Golden Circle" now there's a "Platinium Circle" and we all know how much platinum can cost.

So we'll probably mostly all be on the floor, and camping out at arenas again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom