Ticket scanning GA policy is back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We entered the U2.com line at Toronto III around 5:30 and wound up getting lucky enough to be scanned into the Bomb Shelter.

Even if we hadn't been scanned into the ellipse, we were still within the first group of 300 people and would have had a good spot on the rail.

^I was # 98 at Toronto IV and there weren't any spots on the rail outside the ellipse when we got in.

Klink said:
^I was # 98 at Toronto IV and there weren't any spots on the rail outside the ellipse when we got in.

that sucks--and there were NO WRISTBANDS left for the ellipse by 7:40. A friend of mine came late and they wouldn't even scan her ticket because they said the ellipse was full. It's actually quite a rip off, since anyone who buys a GA is told they have a chance to get in.

My theory is that they filled it very early for the filming so that it would look packed (they did that in Chicago for the DVD shoot) and so latecomers didn't get a chance...toronto 3 i was 35 in line and got a spot on the rail that was pretty far down on Adam's side, so who knows. There are only about 80 spots on the rail in the first place--but how all those people got ahead of me in line is bewildering.

ruffian said:

that sucks--and there were NO WRISTBANDS left for the ellipse by 7:40. A friend of mine came late and they wouldn't even scan her ticket because they said the ellipse was full. It's actually quite a rip off, since anyone who buys a GA is told they have a chance to get in.

My theory is that they filled it very early for the filming so that it would look packed (they did that in Chicago for the DVD shoot) and so latecomers didn't get a chance...toronto 3 i was 35 in line and got a spot on the rail that was pretty far down on Adam's side, so who knows. There are only about 80 spots on the rail in the first place--but how all those people got ahead of me in line is bewildering.

I agree - unlike Toronto 1 where we had lots of room to move around, the ellipse for Toronto 4 was jam-packed!!! I couldn`t dance then, that`s for sure!

Also - for Toronto 1 we arrived at 8:15pm but were told they had removed the scanning machine at 7:15pm! I think this might be standard policy because I remember reading Headache`s post once where he said they remove those machines during the opening act.

(I got into the ellipse that first night because someone approached us in the back of the arena and offered my group some wristbands)

btw, nice seeing you again this past weekend Ruffian!

ladywithspinninghead said:

Also - for Toronto 1 we arrived at 8:15pm but were told they had removed the scanning machine at 7:15pm! I think this might be standard policy because I remember reading Headache`s post once where he said they remove those machines during the opening act.

Nah, that's not true. For Toronto 3, they were still scanning well into Dashboard Confessional - I would say they ran out of wristbands at around 8:10 or so. And even so the woman was handing them out at the back of the floor.

I`m not sure which part you`re saying isn`t true because it is actually true they removed the scanning machines at a certain time - this happened at the Toronto 1 and 4 shows, I saw it with my own eyes :yes:

Last edited:
ruffian said:

Wow I didn't know it was full by 7:40! :ohmy: Ugh that is a ripoff for people who have to come late.

I was #93, didn't get scanned and just barely got a spot on the rail. If I had walked even a tiny bit slower I would have been in the second row.

ladywithspinninghead said:
I`m not sure which part you`re saying isn`t true because it is actually true they removed the scanning machines at a certain time - this happened at the Toronto 1 and 4 shows, I saw it with my own eyes :yes:

Yeah, they remove them, but they don't take them down before the opening act or at any specific time, like Headache thought - they take them down when they "run out" of wristbands.

Which is BS anyway since they keep a bunch of them in reserve.

Back
Top Bottom