Ticket Sales on the Morning of the Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
do they release extra GA tickets the morning of the show? I have seats to the Friday Anaheim show (4/1) and I really want GAS so i was thinking of getting to the arena early and trying to buy tickets.

will it be possible to buy a couple GA tickets? i heard they did this on the Elevation tour. on a friday morning, how early should one get in line to buy the tickets?

the box office at the Pond doesn't even open until something like 3 or 4 pm, call them first. Last time there was a huge line, and they did not release all that many tickets, at the Pond.

Most venues do release a limited amount of tickets the day of the show, and often there will be GAs. However, many people know that and unless you get there at the earliest hour in the morning there might be a big line-up and you might end-up with nothing after waiting all day (sometimes they release the tix later in the afternoon).

I personally think it can still be worth to try, however. There are also often people with extras in the GA line willing to sell for face value to another fan.

I waited inline for 5 hours for Coldplay tickets at the Garden a couple years ago and I got awesome seats. It depends on the promoter more than the venue in deciding how many more tickets to release. Either way its worth a shot if you can afford to spend a day waiting in line.

TicketMaster is also known to release seats on the morning of a show, although not necessarily GAs. Got two front row seats behind the stage for Boston1 that way. Bought 'em online that morning, picked 'em up at WillCall before the show.

A friend of me made a line since 10am for Boston #4 in the Elevation Tour. He got tickets 5 minutes before the show started. He got a 1st row seat, right next to the stage.

One time a buddy and me got awesome seats to Def Leppard this way -- less than 10 minutes before the show in Lincoln, Nebraska.

They are not U2, but it was a helluva lot of fun -- pop metal / heavy metal shows have some unique features not common to a U2 show.

If you don't know, don't ask.

Back
Top Bottom