Ticket Broker Inventory Is Huge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carol7lynn

The Fly
Just checked available tickets for Anaheim, Friday show, and I lost count after 300. A lot of new tickets for section 207 which came up today at Ticketmaster (and I threw back). Seems as if the brokers were one up on the fans again. They want $600 for these seats. Joke!

Hopefully no one will pay such inflated prices and they will have to dump them back into the general pool. So keep watching ticketmaster.

They have suite tickets for $14,000 plus! What an even bigger joke. People with that much money generally get tickets for free.

Luck all!

Carol,

Most ticket brokers have a common pool of tickets from which they can sell at a commission. These tickets, while certainly not all the property of this one broker, are purchased tickets and cannot be simply thrown back into the Ticketmaster pool. Ticketmaster has no connection with these brokers on a corporate level.

Fear not, most aren't stupid enough to pay this much but their business does exist for the type of customer you are so accurately describing, the fan for which money isn't an object but rather convenience is the utmost attraction.

Over 250 available now for Omaha on 12/15 -- worst seats, $170, best seats $800 to $1000. About 60 GA available at around $245 per.

Breathe slow, and say it with me, $1000 to see U2 in Omaha, Nebraska in December -- 15 degrees, 40 mile an hour winds, wind chill @ -30... unbelievable. But I'll be there.

If you go to www.eventinventory.com you too can set up a broker site online business and get plugged in to the same database as other brokers.

Are you 100% sure that the brokers can't sell their tickets back/through ticketmaster?

The reason I ask is because ticketmaster says they will buy back tickets for concerts-so why not from brokers too. That way they get to sell the tickets twice-it's the greedy brokers that lose as they should. Let the brokers gooble up all the seats during pre/general sale and then ticketmaster swoops in and buys them back at bargain prices and turns around and re-sells them to public at regular prices. Food for thought.

Lets hope more L.A. tickets turn up today or in the next week.

ticket brokers from across the country will try to dump the tickets on ebay/craigslist 2-3 days before the show, if they dont sell them on their own ... they then send them to local brokers who then try to sell them locally and at the concert sites ...

also ticketmaster has ticket holds from the promoter/label etc ... i've never heard of them buying back tickets, but they do hold tickets and tickets that were either marked as unusable because of the stage or returns from the promoters/labels will go onsale 1-2 days before once the tickets are released (it's semantics, but i think they only hold the tickets and then release them rather than buy back tickets from anyone)

ebay prices are dropping too

i saw Anaheim floor GA's for $175 each today (someone on this board said they paid $212)

Prices will continue to drop. Take a look at Denver. You can get GA's pretty close to face when you consider the ticketmaster fees. All the panic on this board a few weeks ago was silly.

I think there will be the odd lot who will pay the brokers or an outrageous Ebay price. But for the most part, just like airline tickets, the person next to you would have paid a totally different entrance fee.

As consumers, we have to be well informed & savvy enough to advoid these leeches who feed on the desperate.

For those who haven't gotten tixs...be patient. I think that concert tixs aren't what they used to be valued @ in society these days (too many entertainment options for single dollar to be stretched over).

I predict a flood of tixs hitting the market @ or very near face by each concert date, scalpers will have a bloodbath on their hands, & more importantly loyal U2 fans will get in @ a fair price pt!

Last edited:
cbradfly1 said:
Prices will continue to drop..

I always figured that 3rd leg sales so darn early was part of their pre-sale fiasco fix / broker containment strategy.

Flood the market with ticket supply, and down come the prices. With some exceptions, shouldn't most 3rd leg markets / show be pretty reasonable, especially as we got closer to the actual dates?

San Diego floor tickets listed as low as $125 (buy it now) on ebay this morning ... so hang tight if you still don't have tickets ...

Just for the fun of it I counted all of the brokered tickets available for the April 6th show at Staples Center and came up with 1,065 tickets. If the average ticket price is $100, then they have invested over $100,000 in just one show. If you extrapolate that cost to the other three shows in L.A., then the brokers have about $400,000 or more tied up. Probably closer to $500,000. They're going to have to unload them soon. Let's pray it's sooner than later cause my nerves about shot! Between tickets and dress rehearsal rumours.

I think ticket prices will undoubtedly drop. The initial panic of not having tickets after a quick sellout always results in high scalped pricse. Look at NYC, ticket prices are still quite expensive, but have dropped substantially compared to the initial prices. I'm trying for Boston May 28, so hopefully I'll be able to get a pair that aren't $1000.

Mike

Hi!

When money is no object but the object is money.

I got money....lots of money.........$$$$.............so U2 can see U2.

In reality, what is this all about...........what are you willing to pay for the honor of being at a U2 concert.

If you have the money....flaunt it.

This doesn't sound like the U2 I once perceived.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Back
Top Bottom