Three Longshot Songs You Want To Hear Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why are people asking for Zoostation and Bad, when both have been played in concerts. In fact, Zoostation has been played in most of the concerts.

I'd Like to hear on the Vertigo Tour:

11 o'clock tick tock
Last night on Earth
Stay

Maybe we should should just fax this entire thread to the folks at Principle Management to hand over to the band.

One more show and then they take a month off before beginning the 3rd Leg of the tour September 12th in Toronto... My bet is that they don't rehearse a stitch but we do get a photo or two of Bono in a blue shirt boarding a yacht in the South of France. They're due a break...

But here's hoping that they shake up this setlist somewhat...isn't that what they've done on previous tours??? I'm thrilled that they're touring. I'm incredibly grateful. They really are brilliant....I love the band. I love that I'm looking forward to seeing them again live in LA, NYC, Vegas and Portland but "Jesus, help me"...do I need to read on Interference every day that THIS set list was played yet again???

01. Vertigo
02. I Will Follow
03. The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. City Of Blinding Lights
09. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One

18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. With Or Without You

21. All Because Of You
22. Yahweh
23. Vertigo

So guys....at sometime...take a little bit of time to rehearse....you're musicians....that's what you do....I don't care if Larry gets up and plays the flute and plays it horribly...but please, baby Jesus, do something to stir things up a bit....

Requests, anyone??...

Acrobat
Crumbs
Electrical Storm or Exit
:drool: :drool: :drool:

What constitutes a longshot?

List A (songs that should be revived):

1. Love is Blindness (Just like the ZooTV version, please! Most people don't know that it was snippeted one show early on the Elevation Tour after One... I think it was Atlanta.);

2. Stay (Full Band, not the acoustic ZooTV version or the acoustic Elevation Tour version); and

3. Miami (talk about a rawk song oozing attitude!).

List B (songs never played, but should be):

1. Drowning Man;

2. Acrobat (because Crumbs and Electrical Storm will be played on the Third Leg); and

3. Mercy (what an amazing song!).

ultraviolet
drowning man
when i look at the world.

that's not to mention song's i've heard that i'd like to hear again.....

all i want is you....
utlraviolet......
the fly........

Hold me thrill me Kiss Me Kill Me(I'm not sure it's been done since popmart)

11 O'Clock Tick Tock(Kind of Died of, last done: occasionally in the elevation tours)

Miss Sarajevo(I doubt this will be brought back for the third leg)

A Sort of Homecoming
Wire
When Loves Comes to Town

BTW - BB King is in Vegas the same dates as U2, maybe a cameo appearance?

Amazing how many "longshots" that've been played...

Zoo Station and 40 and The Electric Co, stuff like that.

This is why I recon Vertigo has the best setlists of any U2 tour.

God Part III said:
Amazing how many "longshots" that've been played...

Zoo Station and 40 and The Electric Co, stuff like that.

This is why I recon Vertigo has the best setlists of any U2 tour.

Yeah, reading through this old thread made me smile! Zoo Station, Gloria, An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, The Electric Co., 40, The Ocean, The Fly, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses... all "long shots" that were played.

My long shots:

Mofo
Exit
Dirty Day

Not that i have any shows left to see on this tour (as far as i know :eyebrow:) my longshots would be:

Lemon
Last Night On Earth
Ultraviolet

I think they should do some covers like:

1) NIN - Closer
2) Marilyn Manson - The Dope Show
3) Madonna - Justify my love
4) Outkast - Hey Ya!

That would really stir some shit!
:wink:

:scratch:
You know, I could have sworn I had responded to this thread a few months ago. Maybe I was dreaming?

My three longshots are:
Acrobat
Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming.

Of course, that's just how I feel today.
There are others, like just about any of the older material that doesn't get played a lot or anything off of Zooropa (even though it's one of my least favorite albums). Quite frankly, I really would be more than ecstatic if they played anything that I've not heard live yet such as Out of Control, Electric Co., or An Cat Dubh (oh wait...).

The above comment is in no way meant as an expression of contentment with the static nature of the European setlists.

For God's sake...take ANYTHING from this list...but please, PLEASE shake up the setlist from time to time...be willing to put yourselves out there and take some risks!!

Like ZOOROPA!!!

Of course, the band wants to annoy us all and comes out and plays In A Little While?

WTF?

:madspit: :mad: :yell: :coocoo: :confused: :barf: :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom