Three Longshot Songs You Want To Hear Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna put more than three, 'cause I'm a pirate and I rule.

- Stories for Boys: one of my favourtie tunes from Boy and it'd be so seemingly random and awesome.

- Exit: seems to be a popular choice...shows the darker side of U2 and is fuckin' A live.

- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock: Best early U2. This song is amazing. Just...wow.

- The Ground Beneath Her Feet: Full band. No acoustics. I want the amazing two-guitar part at the end, which I guess would require a backing track unless Bono's feeling ambitious...that would so rule though.

- Anything from Pop! Last Night on Earth, Mofo, or Do You Feel Loved would be especially great, even though Discotheque is my favourite Pop tune. Heck, how 'bout they just do the whole album live... :wink:

- Mercy: It'd be a great way to introduce the song, which better be on the next album. This song NEEDS to be on an album because it is amazing.

- Acrobat: Everyone wants this song to be played. Including me.

I love how people are putting 11 O'clock Tick Tock as a long shot when it's actually very possible ...

The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Spanish Eyes

If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland style)

Acrobat

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Red Hill Mining Town

One Tree Hill
Discotheque (am I crazy, I think this song would be great acustic)
The Wanderer (Bono version, obviously)

The last 2 are almost guaranteed not to be played, but I'm holding out hope I might get to hear One Tree Hill live
:drool:

...and I have a feeling Who's Gonna Ride will be on the setlist this year (maybe not every show, though). The song got great reactions when they played a snippet after Bad during the 3rd leg of Elevation.

Last edited:
Regarding the Fly I recall a comment from Edge saying that they removed it because they didn't think it sounded right and that it had not really stood the test of time.

I personally still like both live and album versions but what do i know.

Anyway my long shots

Mercy - because they would be playing it for their hardcore fan base

Acrobat - Because it's simply an awesome song

Seconds - I like hearing them delve into there back catalogue and turn something old into something new.

long shots

Red Hill Mining Town -
MLK
Unforgettable Fire
Spanish Eyes
Love is Blindness

Ok....limiting it to three songs was maybe a mistake...so this is my second listing of three...sorry but other songs have kept coming to mind...why should we be limited?? And since I started this thread...

One Tree Hill
Unforgettable Fire -
M.L.K. in place of Pride. I find this to be more a more powerful tribute to Martin Luther King. And I loved the way it was used at the Super Bowl to lead into Streets. And the way Bono said, "America!" still gives me chills.

Ok...since they've played one of my choices...now I'd like to hear:

One Tree Hill
Acrobat
UTEOTW (bring it back!!)

-----------------

Why do I have a bad feeling that we won't see UTEOTW until the Fall tour of the U.S.? :huh:

Stories for Boys - don't just tease me with a little snippet!
The Refugee - never seen it live
PARTY GIRL! - come on, no one else is with me??

I'm ready... I'm ready for the AC-RO-BAT! :wink:

-from Bono on Zoo Station, Opening Night.

Also, I would love to see One Tree Hill, Exit and Wire.

I'd love to see
1) Gloria
2) Rejoice
3) In God's Country

Can I add more?
Also love to hear Out of Control, Surrender, A Celebration (never heard that one live).

I never EVER thought I would hear "Bad" live and I did...I still cant believe it. hehe
So theres hope for every single song suggested..dont lose hope! :wink:

My current wanted songs:
October
UTEOTW
Exit :drool:

1. Please
2. One Tree Hill
3. Bad (though I've heard it live, would still like to have the opportunity to hear it this time around, too). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom