Those who stood in line at Ticketmaster in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
Of those who went to their local Ticketmaster outlet to stand in line for tickets have the same experience as me ??

I was going for Chicago GA, any date. Got there and received a number for the drawing. Had #2 and 12 was pulled. Being that there were only 13 people, I was 4th in line.

They then told us that they were only going to type in Best Available and if the seats that came up were not what you wanted, you had to go to the back of the line ! They would not search specifically for GA, only Best Available !!
I tried to get them to search for GA, but they would not.

The girl running the counter said she'd never seen the computer respond so slowly during a ticket sale before.

Also, she said they had no idea about the May 9th show and claimed they did not have access to that show. So they just searched Best Available for May 7 only until it was completely sold out and then started over with May 9th, which was basically sold out by then. It took so long to get through the first 3 people, that by the time it was my turn all that were left were nosebleeds and then the May 7th show was sold out shortly after. I couldn't believe they wouldn't search for GA for me and that they claimed they did not have access to the May 9th show.

Anyone run into this same situation ?

yep in person is usually cash only, best available to keep the line moving swiftly

think about it, you're competing against people at home on their PCs, phones and every other in person place.

same here...but their computer system went down right when tickets went on sale and didn't go back up until after all boston shows had sold out...No one in line got anything...we all stood there trying on our phones but no one got through that way either...3 nights...no one got tickets

icelle (who has posted here for years) spent the night at ticketmaster.

she was first in line. she called me this morning at work, screaming that she had just got two GA's for san diego. she said they were going to hand out numbers, but the people who arrived after her said that she should be allowed to go first because she'd been there all night.

i would personally like to thank those people, because one of those GAs is MINE. :hyper:

I gave up on ever going in person again when I went to a Robinsons-May for Cher tickets, there were about 5 people is all, most had the better sense to do it online, and this elderly lady with the TM thing trying to figure it out, and it was just utterly silly. I was using a phone at the same time, I got the tickets over the phone before the elderly lady even had the TM screen up.

bonosgirl84 said:
but the people who arrived after her said that she should be allowed to go first because she'd been there all night.
:hyper:

That is the best thing I've heard all day...Thanks for sharing!

shutdown said:
They then told us that they were only going to type in Best Available and if the seats that came up were not what you wanted, you had to go to the back of the line ! They would not search specifically for GA, only Best Available !!
I tried to get them to search for GA, but they would not.

...Anyone run into this same situation ? [/B]

yes, that happened to me for Elevation. i was soooo mad! i had worked for ticketmaster the previous year... and back then, there was no such policy. i was LIVID. at the time, i think it had less to do with "policy" and more to do with just, plain not knowing how to do the search correctly! INFURIATING..

unfortunately, now, im on the west coast trying to get tickets for an east coast show, so that option isnt even available to me... : (

bonosgirl84 said:
she said they were going to hand out numbers, but the people who arrived after her said that she should be allowed to go first because she'd been there all night.

:sad: That is so sweet.

I dont know if I would have been so kind to agree to something like that if I were those people!!!! :reject:

Was second in line at ticketmaster this morning for the San Diego show. They were all SOLD OUT! Waited for the second show and again all SOLD OUT! So basically if u want GA's your gonna have to pray!:ohmy: :( Hope I have better luck tomorrow for the LA shows.

You think that is bad, I was in line for the Philly show and they never came out to let us in the store. At 10:03, the manager came out to say that there were no U2 tickets available because they had already soldout!

They were supposed to come out at 9:00 AM to do the lottery. They never did. The manager was told about the line at 9:50 and said he understood but that there was still 10 minutes before the sale.

Then at 10:03, they come out to announce that the show is soldout!

The second show went on sale while most people were in the car on the way home. That show quickly soldout as well. Luckily, a friend at home and online was able to get a couple of tickets for the second show, but several dozen diehard U2 friends do not have tickets for either show now!

I had the same experience at the local Ticketmaster outlet in Bangor, ME as the poster of this thread had in their location.

I was shooting for Boston tickets, any location, and was 20th in line. Only the first 2 people in line came away with tickets...and only the first fan in line got GA's...the other fan got nosebleeds. Oh, btw, they got tickets for the Saturday show...the first 2 were sold out as soon as they got to the counter!

Of course, if the U2.com pre-sale hadn't been such a ripoff and joke, I wouldn't have had to take my chances with the public sale. Now, like so many other real fans, I'll have to get creative (which means forking out big bucks) to get what I want.

My experience here in Denver...

For Elevation, I got there at 5:00 am only to get screwed with the lotto system, which they did right before the tickets went on sale. So people, who knew they would do this and showed up about 10-20 minutes beforehand ended up with better places in line. I decided I would do that this time around.

So, I got there at around 9:30 or so, only to find out they'd done the lotto at 8. About 20 people had lotto spots, the rest of us were delegated to a "second line" which meant we were likely out of luck. I plan on writing a nasty letter to the Pepsi Center--if the point of the lotto is, as they lecture, to prevent people from camping out, or lining up early why would you then encourage early arrivals for a lotto?? :confused:

No one in our "second" line even got inside before GA was sold out, the entire show was sold out in less than an hour. The second date doesn't go on sale until Friday. I'm going to try to buy them on-line, because I have to work and don't feel like trying the Pepsi Center again anyway.

But here's my question--if U2.com presale weren't allowed to buy GA, and only 5 people came out of the Pepsi Center before they said they were gone, where did they go?? This tour is a debacle. I had no problem getting Elevation tickets--and GA didn't sell out until a few days before, if at all.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:
Unfortunately she did things correctly per Ticketmaster Rules.

They must not follow the rules all the time--when I bought seats for Elevation, they let us search despite the line. They actually asked people to please be mindful of those waiting, and not take too much time. Not that most of the yuppies listened.

I was really nice and said "Best you've got in this range" and got excellent seats, so karma rewarded me. :wink:

And that was for seats, if I had bought GA, that was no problem at all.

The way this tour is being run is just lousy, whether it's Ticketmaster or U2, those tickets aren't ending up in the hands of fans.

At Filene's in Hyannis, MA only 3 people were able to buy a total of 12 tickets before they were sold out. I was not one of those 3 people.

What A Wonderful Story!!!

bonosgirl84 said:
icelle (who has posted here for years) spent the night at ticketmaster.

she was first in line. she called me this morning at work, screaming that she had just got two GA's for san diego. she said they were going to hand out numbers, but the people who arrived after her said that she should be allowed to go first because she'd been there all night.

i would personally like to thank those people, because one of those GAs is MINE. :hyper:

This is a FANTASTIC story! I'm thrilled for Icelle and you. Have a wonderful time--and be sure to tell the rest of us ALL about it!

I have never heard stories this bad. It is crazy, tickets are on sale here tomorrow. Don't mean to be negative but if this is going on everywhere else, then it will probably happen here too. Especially in L.A. This might be the first time I will not get a ticket to see them.:mad: :mad: :eyebrow: :sad: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom