Those who are selling tix on Ebay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
why not wait to sell much closer to the concert date.

Wouldnt people be shelling out more money if you would wait to sell tickets closer to the dates, this is referring to the 3rd leg sales mostly.

No. The prices always start out highest right after Ticketmaster sales close, then slowly fall as you get closer to the show dates. I guarantee you that by the time October/November roll around, you will be able to get GA tickets or tickets in the high price range for just above face value. I think a lot of it has to do with people that end up not being able to go to the shows and have to dump their tickets - and brokers that end up buying too many tickets. U2 have added a lot of dates - I guarantee you the prices will fall a lot.

Last edited:
matt_tx00 said:
No. The prices always start out highest right after Ticketmaster sales close, then slowly fall as you get closer to the show dates. I guarantee you that by the time October/November roll around, you will be able to get GA tickets or tickets in the high price range for just above face value. I think a lot of it has to do with people that end up not being able to go to the shows and have to dump their tickets - and brokers that end up buying too many tickets. U2 have added a lot of dates - I guarantee you the prices will fall a lot.

That theory works only if the show is sold out. In cases where shows aren't sold out, there's no reason for prospective buyers to pay higher than face value when face value tix are still available through AntitrustMaster.

Or so I've been told.........:huh:

DPrinceNY said:
why not wait to sell much closer to the concert date.

Wouldnt people be shelling out more money if you would wait to sell tickets closer to the dates, this is referring to the 3rd leg sales mostly.

Yes, but in my case, I don't have an infinite supply of cash so I had to sell the tickets I didn't want before I was able to look for ones I did want.

This also depends on the show bigtime. MSG tickets probably won't fall in price much no matter what happens. Boston...prices may fall since there are just so many tickets out there; also tickets in small markets sometimes drop.

very shamefull! that you as a U2 fan are willing to get the best oppurtunity to make the most money out of a poor fan who wants to see U2. I got an idea for you why not sell it a face value?? i consider all people who sell tikets at much higher prices then the face vvalue for whatever reason scum and scalpers! Shamefull you would even ask that question!

dabiggestu2fan said:
very shamefull! that you as a U2 fan are willing to get the best oppurtunity to make the most money out of a poor fan who wants to see U2. I got an idea for you why not sell it a face value?? i consider all people who sell tikets at much higher prices then the face vvalue for whatever reason scum and scalpers! Shamefull you would even ask that question!

I think it's shameful only if you start the bidding at above face value. I have no problem with someone starting the bidding below face value, and if it gets bid higher, so be it.

I sold 2 tickets on eBay this week. Started the bidding at $1.00 with a BIN price of $320 (face value less the Ticketmaster fees - would have been more than happy to get $320 for them). 2 gentlemen got into a bidding war, and the rest is history.

Have you noticed that U2 tickets aren't selling that well on eBay. maybe it's because they annouced the 3rd leg so early. I don't remember what they did last time, but this time it felt that tickets went on sale way in adavance of the shows, maybe taking away from scalpers pockets.

anyway, there are still jerks on ebay selling tickets for like 1500 bucks when right below it is the same tickets that didn't even get 1 bid. It's hilarouus.

Looks like if you are looking to buy EBay might be the best place to go.

JohnCash said:
This also depends on the show bigtime. MSG tickets probably won't fall in price much no matter what happens. Boston...prices may fall since there are just so many tickets out there; also tickets in small markets sometimes drop.

That's true - the smaller market shows will fall a lot more in price than the bigger market shows.

I think places like Omaha, KC, StL will drop to face value or lower by the time the dates get here. Philly and D.C. will drop a lot too (for some reason Philly is a relatively "cheap" place to see concerts - and a great place to see concerts I might add because of the crowds). Boston has already been dropping because there are so many shows there. The Texas shows may stay up in price just because there's only 2 shows in Texas and a lot of fans scrambling to see them.

Back
Top Bottom