This is the Vertigo Tour, not the African awareness tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PhoenixGNX said:
You know, there's a reason why I've been registered on this site since June 2000 and only till this past month did I start posting. It's because of shit threads like this.

"I don't like Bono's preachings" waaaaaaa
"I dont like the setlist" waaaaaaa
"I dont like the stage setup" waaaaaaaaa
"I dont like the lottery" waaaaaaaaaa
"I'm a "real fan" and derseve better" waaaaaaaa

Jesus Christ, I've never heard so much bitching and whining in one week in all my life! I'm done with this fucked off board. I'll continue to read the news, but as far as interacting with these people, I'm GOOD. Rock on to you select folks on here...but, to the piss and moaners, good freakin luck finding anything about this band, tour, whatever...cause nothing seems to be good enough. IM OUT.:madspit:

LMAO --- would you stay if there we're more of us tossing off 'gloss and other Jim Rome nuances, or did I totally F up recognizing your closing I'M OUT reference?

The idea that Bono has been portraying is one of poverty, not AIDS. AIDS is a side effect of poverty, along with many other things.

Yahweh said:
Ignorance is bliss as shown by many in this thread.

Hey AppleNut have you ever had to walk 30 miles each way for a glass of water, didnt think so. So please dont talk about working hard for your money.

yes, i did it walking uphill both ways too

give me a break
2dujut

why dont you just completely ignore the assinine statement i was responding to

Why the fuck are you here then thats all I have to ask I truely wish people like that would go away but they wont because in the end they cant come up with a better band then U2.

you apparently don't even believe in the same things Bono preaches. you have such a closed mind. apparently you want to live in some unintelligent thoughtless everyone thinks the same way world. pretty sad.

I can find better bands than U2. But what does that matter? It shouldn't matter at all. The fact that I disagree with you means I'm not a fan and shouldn't participate on a "discussion forum." You resort to petty personal attacks. I think you need to find a life outside of the internet no offense, something is definitely off with you.

Nostradamus said:
I usually zone out and leer down the cleavage busting shirts of the comely coeds standing nearby when Bono starts discussing his political beliefs.

AIDS is a preventable disease.. Someone should tell Bono it's that easy.

Sorry to break the mood here, but this was sooo politically incorrect I found it hilarious. No comment here, none, nada.:eeklaugh:

Teta's post was the longest I've ever seen. I must have ADD or something because I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing.

i'm sick and tired of people complaining about bono being preachy at concerts... he always has been, he always will be... get used to it.

but at the same friggin time, i'm sick in tired of people who bitch and moan every time someone tries to complain about something bono did. he's not God, despite what many people think. he is not perfect, he fucks up too, people have a right to not like wwhat he says/does/etc.

if someone wants to complain about the preachyness of a certain song and/or concert as a whole, it doesn't make them less of a fan, even though i, myself, don't quite get how someone can be a u2 fan and not get the preachyness. but hey... what ever floats your boat. everyone is entitield to their own opinion.

let's just stop calling peopel fucking assholes because they don't devote their entire life to bono's causes. yes... africa is a shit hole. it's a horrific place to live. it's close to hell in many aspects. something needs to be done... immediately. but that doesn't mean that someone with their own problems, all be it lesser problems, can't be upset for wanting to get away from their own stresses and go to a rock concert and not want to get told about hwo their problems suck and how they should care about other people's bigger problems.

we have a zoo confessionals section in this forum where we talk about what's bothering us, and people try to help each other out. it's great. it's somethign you won't find in many other places. but if we should all forget about our minute issues and concentrate all our efforts on africa, then that forum is useless, isn't it?

no... it isn't. africa has major problems, and we should all do our part to fix it. but that doesn't mean that every one else's "trivial" problems don't matter.

i've ballbered for too long... F it

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm sick and tired of people complaining about bono being preachy at concerts... he always has been, he always will be... get used to it.

but at the same friggin time, i'm sick in tired of people who bitch and moan every time someone tries to complain about something bono did. he's not God, despite what many people think. he is not perfect, he fucks up too, people have a right to not like wwhat he says/does/etc.

if someone wants to complain about the preachyness of a certain song and/or concert as a whole, it doesn't make them less of a fan, even though i, myself, don't quite get how someone can be a u2 fan and not get the preachyness. but hey... what ever floats your boat. everyone is entitield to their own opinion.

let's just stop calling peopel fucking assholes because they don't devote their entire life to bono's causes. yes... africa is a shit hole. it's a horrific place to live. it's close to hell in many aspects. something needs to be done... immediately. but that doesn't mean that someone with their own problems, all be it lesser problems, can't be upset for wanting to get away from their own stresses and go to a rock concert and not want to get told about hwo their problems suck and how they should care about other people's bigger problems.

we have a zoo confessionals section in this forum where we talk about what's bothering us, and people try to help each other out. it's great. it's somethign you won't find in many other places. but if we should all forget about our minute issues and concentrate all our efforts on africa, then that forum is useless, isn't it?

no... it isn't. africa has major problems, and we should all do our part to fix it. but that doesn't mean that every one else's "trivial" problems don't matter.

wow, nice to see there is a voice of reason here

Go on living in your own little bubble then it doesnt really matter because you wearnt going to help the cause anyways.

Have you ever donated to a charity?

Have you ever volunteered your time to help somebody less fortunate?

Have you ever tried to help somebody other then yourself?

All Bono is doing is raising awareness simple as that. He even said last night you dont need to go there if you dont want to go there.

Bono is a human being and the Africans are human beings and in the end that is all he is really asking for is for them to be able to live a comfortable normal life. Will it happen in this generation probably not but that doesnt mean he shouldnt be talking about it and raising awareness about it.

I can take a little preaching. But I volunteer my time/money for other charities. I don't ask other people to help....or discuss it at work.....or think people are wrong if they think otherwise. I STILL think his solution for Africa is very simplistic and totally impractical. So when I hear him preach, I cringe. Let's face it. America gives the largest % of gnp to underdeveloped countries than ANY other country in the world. It's a fact. Go to Europe and tell em to nut up and match. And I have a hard time with someone who doesn't live in our country lambasting us on certain issues.

And by the way.....If he thinks having a bunch of African flags is gonna fire the crowd up, he has lost his connection with a large portion of his fanbase.

Yahweh said:
Have you ever donated to a charity?

Have you ever volunteered your time to help somebody less fortunate?

Have you ever tried to help somebody other then yourself?

Yes, yes and yes.

Details of which I like to keep myself. I don't do charity to make myself feel better. I don't do charity to get a tax write off. I don't do charity to brag about what I've done to other people. What I do is between me and my God... no one else.

There is African flags because that is what the song is originally about...Africa.

it is ok for someone to not like preaching to go on durring streets. there's plenty of other itmes in the concert for htat.

a great broadcaster knows that sometimes the best thing to do durring a great moment is to stay quiet. streets is a great moment. the best thing to do is to allow the song to play for it's self.

but it's his band... he can do what he wnats... i'll still go nuts from start to finish.

I'm not permitted to post that photo of Bonos bare arse am I?

It would be appropriate though.

I'm guessing Bono doesn't give a rats about dissenters and will continue on his way.

it is ok for someone to not like preaching to go on durring streets. there's plenty of other itmes in the concert for htat.

a great broadcaster knows that sometimes the best thing to do durring a great moment is to stay quiet. streets is a great moment. the best thing to do is to allow the song to play for it's self.

but it's his band... he can do what he wnats... i'll still go nuts from start to finish.

exactly

Screw the setlist. After all this, I DO want to know what he has to SAY!!

:reject:

Although, after the reception it got on Mon,if they take YHWH out of the setlist I will personally haul MY preachy female Irish-American behind to SD and strangle the little runt with his own mike cord....and be fully answerable to the Almighty for the consequences. j/k: I've met him, and he's not much taller than 5 ft me, so I know. ). it is fast becoming my fav song by U2 right now. I can't stop listening to the Mp3.

Oh..for your delectation,if you haven't already seenit...even the NY Times agrees with me:

www.nytimes.com/2005/03/30/arts/music/30vert.html?incamp=article_popular_5

~T~
Officially now Interference's Biggest Pain in the Arse:wink:

Last edited:
beli said:
I'm not permitted to post that photo of Bonos bare arse am I?

It would be appropriate though.

I'm guessing Bono doesn't give a rats about dissenters and will continue on his way.

Beli....you crack me up at times! :laugh: Well put.

And applenut, I hardly think suggesting you have your facts straight when talking about something is a personal attack.

So, in a nutshell, you're complaining about the complainers complaining about Bono complaining.

Still agree with you though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom