this guy needs to be reported (MSG 5/21 Prop tix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jesseu2 said:
i think it should be illegal to sell prop obtained tix for higher than face value

Well until enough people write their congressman and convince them to make it illegal, or write Propaganda and convince them to develop a system that prevents this, it will go on.

Now, the real situation seems to be that you want to get an MSG ticket at a reasonable price.

Check this out.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6523096085&rd=1

You got about 10 minutes left, but the bid is at $87.00 right now. I'd say that's reasonable, no? Get to it and good luck!!

i mean a 5/21 ticket but thanks! no school in may! i've been looking, got mmy eyes on a couple auctions... just saw that one and wondered if it should be brought to u2.com's attention because they did shut down other prop tix on ebay.

Did they? That's interesting. I can understand the frustration with that type of stuff goin on, but if someone does what it takes to be a member, then I suppose they have the legal right to parttake in such activities.

Good luck with your search! Keep in mind that so far, I think every show (at least in Anaheim for sure) has had tickets available the day of the show at the box office, so it's not a lost cause even on the last day.

Hey, you know the saying....Shoot for the stars, and worse case you land on the moon......or in this case, the cheap seats...hahahaha!!

Sad thing is, someone just might up and pay it too!!

jesseu2 said:
wondered if it should be brought to u2.com's attention because they did shut down other prop tix on ebay.
I don't think they shut down Prop tickets. They tried to shut down the selling of tickets that were listed on Ebay before the first general sale. They knew that these people were the ones who, with the help of some shady Ticketmaster vendors, scooped up most of the tickets that were meant for the first U2.com pre-sale. I think this was mostly a reaction to Larry Mullen's anger. They decided that if they couldn't get the tickets back at least they could try and prevent these guys from making big bucks with them. Now that the rest of the pre-sales went more smoothly and the general sales have concluded they don't seem to be as adamant about preventing scalping on Ebay.

once again, when did it suddenly become our job to be the police?

to each their own. mind your own business.

Palace_Hero said:
What is everyone's problem? A guy wants to sell tickets. If you don't want to buy them, put up and don't. If someone does want to pay an extortionate amount, thats their business..

Bloody do gooders.

QFE

Erin go bragh said:

Well until enough people write their congressman and convince them to make it illegal, or write Propaganda and convince them to develop a system that prevents this, it will go on.

Now, the real situation seems to be that you want to get an MSG ticket at a reasonable price.

Check this out.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6523096085&rd=1

You got about 10 minutes left, but the bid is at $87.00 right now. I'd say that's reasonable, no? Get to it and good luck!!

Wow, final bid was $87 bucks. Seller should have put a reserve on it.

I wouldn't even touch these tickets.....

Not with the barcode and serial number on display.....

pfffffft

I don't think the law cares whether they were fan club or not. Ticket reselling laws vary by state.

It might be against the rules for FanFire or U2.com to resell tickets, I am not sure, I never read the fine print.

I know that some fan clubs will kick you out for scalping tickets. I think it was Aerosmith, I have joined clubs for tickets several times, so it runs together. They are a well run club though. In any case, I remember reading a warning to that effect.

Some of the more organized fan clubs actually have people patrolling eBay, etc... for such violators.

Nathan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom