This Gets Even More Depressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate brokers so much. These guys are the scum of showbiz and I feel so bad for my fellow U2 fans who can't go to the shows becuase of this situation. I've always said U2 is worth $100, but every tour its getting harder and harder to justify seeing these guys.

On UK ebay there are over 1000 sets of tickets - a lot being numbered rows. How can this be? Touts must have paid $40 each many times over to get these on pre-sale? Although at £500 per pair, you can see why some people are tempted to sell.
What a joke!
ark

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
Brokers are not only selling tickets before the general public sale, they also tell you the Section and Row!!!

Many seats like this never become available to the general public in the first place. A buddy of mine works for a company that has premier Staples season seats ($35,000 each) and for special events like this they get first grab. His company ALWAYS buys them or offers them for purchase by their employees. They then make their way to the scalpers. What some people don't realize is that the brokers aren't always making the most money. Just about all brokers will sell tickets on consignment - meaning that person always has the chance to reclaim the tickets before the broker sells them and attend the event if they wish.

Someone should click on that LIVE HELP button on their webpage and see if they can find out how they got these tickets. I would, but I'm a non-confrontational type. It stresses me out. :crazy:

Re: Re: This Gets Even More Depressing

mtnfox said:
nbcrusader said:
Many seats like this never become available to the general public in the first place. A buddy of mine works for a company that has premier Staples season seats ($35,000 each) and for special events like this they get first grab. His company ALWAYS buys them or offers them for purchase by their employees. They then make their way to the scalpers. What some people don't realize is that the brokers aren't always making the most money. Just about all brokers will sell tickets on consignment - meaning that person always has the chance to reclaim the tickets before the broker sells them and attend the event if they wish.

The Premier seats are like luxury boxes. Individuals or corporations purchase them and get tickets for all events.

Still, there are plenty of non-premier seats being offered, identified by Section and Row.

I guess their U2.com membership cost a little more.....

Back
Top Bottom