Third Leg Tickets Going Onsale?? This is a Good Move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Rumor has it that tickets for the third leg may be going onsale as soon as next week. This makes sense....it eliminates some of the frustration of those that didn't get tickets the first go round and...

It is also a very smart financial move...enabling U2 to collect millions and million of $$ months in advance... interest compounds...putting the tickets on sale later in the year would mean they would make less money (millions less).

I think it's a terrible idea from a fan's standpoint because it doesn't give us any time to save up money for the tix. We were all under the impression that we wouldn't need money until summer.

I would agree with you on that point....but they probably figure that there's enough out there that can fork over the money now.

well its good for the fans who werent able to get tickets the first time

if people blew their whole wad on the first leg it will give others a chance to see the second leg

lets not be too greedy shall we

Chizip said:
if people blew their whole wad on the first leg it will give others a chance to see the second leg
I wasn't necessarily referring to people who spent all their money on tix for the first leg, I just meant that people will need to save up in general.

well if people saved up for the first leg and got shut out then they should be golden now

OK, then people (like myself) who are only saving up for the second leg will have problems.

I am wondering whether they would have time to implement this 'so-called' revised system giving Prop members a priority... mid-March sounds like too soon, especially given that there have been zero announcements in U2.com.

So my instinct tells me to believe that these rumors will not materialize.

greenlight7-11 said:
I think it's a terrible idea from a fan's standpoint because it doesn't give us any time to save up money for the tix. We were all under the impression that we wouldn't need money until summer.
I was going to say exactly the same thing and I agree 100%. I thought I would have more time to save up for the third leg and I haven't even begun to put money aside yet.

I'd say it'll definitely go on sale before the first leg starts so that they can enforce the ticket allocation across the whole tour. By doing it before it starts people won't be able to book tickets for the 3rd leg that already have tickets for the other dates or their tickets will be cancelled - assuming the same facist ticket blocking rules apply.

As for saving up for it, not being funny but we've all known somethings happening for months so I'd have thought most people would have saved up already and knew where they wanted to go. I certainly did. I saved £2000 over last year by doing overtime and am going to Boston, Dublin, Barcelona and hopefully NYC and Sydney in the 3rd leg.

Planning - always a winner.

Hopefully whatever happens everyone will get what they want and those that have been hard done by so far will reap their just rewards and get GA's for wherever they want.

Good luck to all and less worry people - more excitement!;)

right on. my rule of thumb as been...as soon as an album is released..you need to start thinking about the tour and start saving.. i still have my company christmas bonus in the bank.. and i haven't bought much since i knew the tour was coming..

and for the record. most of their past tour announcements... have been on a very short notice... 3rd leg of elevation wasn't announced until september..but nobody really had a clue until 2 weeks before...then it was announced and went on sale the following week..so you just have to be ready.

I really hope it's true. That way, I don't think the shows will sell out as fast, they might be around on convenient dates, and I'll have a much greater chance of going.

I'm giddy already!:dancing: :rockon: :hyper: :crazy: :dance:

greenlight7-11 said:

Yes, indeed!!!
I thought we would ( at least ) have until "May or June" before
seeing the tickets go on sale for the third leg....
But guess what???
That's what the credit card is for, you can always "charge it " and pay it off later on. In my case... I usually do this, cuz I spend
way-too-much...$$... when it comes to U2.
Ohhhh, and those of you who don't have a credit card!! :scream:
My advice is "borrow" one!! :yes:

I didn't say "steal" one....
I said "borrow" one.........
(There's a difference, here!!)

You can probably borrow your parent's or a friend's credit card...if they'll let you.... In other words...if you have the person's consent ( they use their card for you ) then that's okay... and I was talking about doing this during the "general" sale of tickets anyway.....cuz we already know that you need your "own address" information for the "pre-sale" purchases of tickets... but, if you and your parents reside at the same address...then using their credit card is possible for the "pre-sale".... (You can pay your charges when their statement comes in....or make monthly installments, until the charges on their CC are paid off... if you can't afford to pay the charges all at once..) Anyway...it's best to use a "clear" CC ( clear = a card with no balance on it ) then you can keep track of your charges that you owe that person...But usually it's impossible to find someone with a "clear CC, so keeping track of the actual charges..may be hard!

The important matter here, is to find a way ( if you can manage
to "afford" it / "pay for" it ) to go see U2 on the 3rd leg of their tour....

For "cryin out loud".."give me a break". Are you for real??:scratch:
I didn't say go out and "rob" a bank! Now, that's stealing!!:mad:

With all that's going on behind the scenes with U2--health problems, family illness, ticketing issues, etc--I have a feeling they are going to make sure everything is in good order before they move forward with 3rd leg ticket sales.

MsMofoGone said:
I didn't say "steal" one....
I said "borrow" one.........
(There's a difference, here!!)

Well, when you "borrow" a card (in contrast to to borrow a card) then that usually implies you take it without giving it back, i.e. stealing.
:eyebrow:

I love over use of "quotes" and "punctuation"...it is very "helpful" to the overall "ease of 'readability'", indeed.!?.,.

Popmartijn said:

Well, when you "borrow" a card (in contrast to to borrow a card) then that usually implies you take it without giving it back, i.e. stealing.
:eyebrow:

Well, "eexxccuussee meeeeeeeeee"!!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said earlier:::: ( Exactly 2 posts ABOVE your original one....
Are you actually reading my post, BEFORE you post a reply??)

I mentioned..."borrowing" someone's card, IF THEY'LL LET YOU...
In other words.... IF YOU HAVE THE PERSON'S CONSENT!!!!
( that means you have "their" permission, first. )
How is that "mis-understood" or "implied" as stealing????
I explained what I meant...so, you shouldn't be implying anything
further......" Thank-you very much" !!!!!!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

I just heard a Detroit radio station majorly hyping a monday morning concert announcement... he played like 4 or 5 U2 songs in a row and in between each one, he repeated that there would be 'a major U2 concert announcement' on monday morning. I think something will definitely happen next week. :yes:

I heard that too at the gym! I was loving that dude... I caught the end of WOWY, then Vertigo, Pride and One... I guess he had played at least one song before that... I loved the way he kept saying MAJOR :drool:

Back
Top Bottom