The-when-to-receive-the-tickets-topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonny Bono

The Fly
Just curious.

This is from ticketmaster.ie:
'If you have selected delivery through standard post, please allow 7-10 days for delivery'

no....I cannot believe this....

I've got to the very nervous thing of flying all the way over and make sure ticktmaster havent lost them on me.....
I had no choice but to pick up on Will Call.

I mean ticketmaster UK even post internationally....

I got tickets during the presale. I got an email on Sat. telling me my tickets were printed and in the mail. I hope to get them today.

I don't have experience with TM. Last time me and a friend got them at a box office at Slane.
I don't want to receive them when I'm already in Ireland :)

Yup, standard mail is the way to go.

UPS mail is yet another way to rip you off.

They have many, you know?

In '01, I bought my Slane tickets through Ticketmaster.ie and received them at my Maryland address in about a week. And I don't think I paid for postage at all. I had the tickets well in advance of the concert.

no one in the UK shoild expect their tickets until at least 14 days prior to the concert, this is normal ticketmaster procedure

KUEFC09U2 said:
no one in the UK shoild expect their tickets until at least 14 days prior to the concert, this is normal ticketmaster procedure

Aaaaw crap - back on the valium then! :( Isn't that just for the souvenir type tickets tho' which U2 haven't done since Popmart??

I'm not going to be happy until I actually have them.

Last edited:
lol. i wouldnt worry now, if you have the confirmation e-mail then your fine, i have booked tickets for football matches off ticketmaster and had no problems :)

they keep them as long as possible in an attempt to stop scalpers, as its meant to be illegal to sell something you dont actually own. It really works very well, in fact ticketmaster have all but single-handedly eradicated the scalper/tout market. Just look at ebay...........Oh wait...............

KUEFC09U2 said:
lol. i wouldnt worry now, if you have the confirmation e-mail then your fine, i have booked tickets for football matches off ticketmaster and had no problems :)

Yeah I've got the email mate, so fingers crossed there's no more cock-ups. We've had two postmen fired recently for stealing mail, so we're not doing too well in these here parts for getting letters 'n' stuff!

Now where's the malt whiskey gone???? :drool:

chrissybaby said:
they keep them as long as possible in an attempt to stop scalpers, as its meant to be illegal to sell something you dont actually own. It really works very well, in fact ticketmaster have all but single-handedly eradicated the scalper/tout market. Just look at ebay...........Oh wait...............

Hahahaha!!!! I've got a fool-proof way of eradicating the scalper/tout market too, but apparently it's illegal to disembowell people any more in the UK.

Well THAT'S bloody inconvenient!

:wink:

Each venue does their will call window at a different time. Some you can go anytime and get your tickets when they're open. Others will only let you have your tickets like 1-2 hrs before the show.

Tanks "Headache" and "Bonoed" - I might just check out those options nearer the time if I have to.

I'll leave it a while for now tho', as I think a call to TM with anything U2 related will probably not be well received. LOL

The gig isn't 'til June, so I'm lucky I have time to spare.

Back
Top Bottom