The Vertigo Show is in the Round.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
THE VERTIGO TOUR IS IN THE ROUND!!!

I just got off the phone with the people with ETS...who are busy snatching away the only dream we had at having GA tickets....just took them away and nowthey are offering 1st level seats for an extra $120.00 a piece...which is only an 80% premium over what I was going to pay...and won't be nearly as much fun....

ANYWAY, this girl who works there says that it's 100% certain that the concert, this tour, this concert is in the ROUND. Not too sure how to feel about that and wonder how they're going to pull that off...I've never liked that format. I wonder if there will be wooden horses that they will ride on?

Opinions??

:dance:

Last edited:
I've never been to an in-the-round show and have no idea what it is like. I heard the one Prince did last year was fantastic, though. (I was going to go but was an idiot and changed my mind).

But seriously, what is the deal with making you give up your GA seats - and then charging you more money? This whole situation gets stranger and stranger by the hour.

Last edited:
She said it this way while looking at the the seating chart for the show in San Diego...."The stage is going to be a little left of the G" (where it says GA on the diagram - which is smack in the middle of the floor of the arena). "It's in the middle of the floor."

Hey, my tickets aren't so terrible now. And kind of makes the whole "they switched the seating chart" thing moot.

If it's true.

This was my prediction for the stage set-up when I saw the Vertigo video, just made sense, I hope this is how it turns out.

Hey, if that's true, then my shitty seat on the halfcourt would be smack in front of the stage!

I wish we could get some confirmation of this. My seats wont be so bad either if this is true.

I hope you're right because it would mean that a lot of us u2.com members who bought crappy balcony seats would actually end up with a pretty good view and sound quality.

I still tend to doubt it though because ticketmaster.com was warning customers at the ticket purchase page that seats behind the stage had a view from "behind" the stage. Which leads me to believe it's going to be an end stage again.

The ticketmaster.com seats listed as "behind" the stage were also $49 and not $95. If its in the round, then the entire balcony would be $95.

still an in the round show would be quite wonderful for the most of us that were unable to secure tickets by the stage - then would the "egg" extend to both sides of the stage? that would please quite a few more fans

This girl said it is an absolute fact...that they are in touch with the promoter. I actually had her put me on hold to confirm it. Also, the upgraded 100 level seating now being offered are the red seats (San Diego/Ticketmaster map) down below and are the better half of those seats (which I assume are the ones in the middle and not to left or right of the stage).

That'll be cool. If it is in fact in the middle of the arena, then that maximizes the number of good/decent seats. Plus it'll be interesting to see what they do in terms of visuals/lighting.

Sounds cool! :up:

I saw Def Leppard a few times back in the day in the round and it was really cool. I had seats all over the arenas and always had great seats.

If this is the case then I'll have an excellent close up view for one of the Chicago shows. :)

Not only would that maximize the number of good seats, but I would imagine that the sound quality would be unbelievable from almost every seat!

Might lower level seats now be better than GA tickets?? This might make it harder to see from the floor given the fact that you'll be down below trying to follow Bono who will be performing in the opposite direction half the time. Also, makes me very curious about video monitors, special effects and so on...how do they do that?

round

not discrediting ETS, but I'll believe it when I see proof.

All indications I've seen in interviews and such says it's very similar to the last tour.. which leans towards the diagram we've seen with the "egg" replacing the "heart"

I think this is just speculation and highly unlikely

Westport said:
Might lower level seats now be better than GA tickets?? This might make it harder to see from the floor given the fact that you'll be down below trying to follow Bono who will be performing in the opposite direction half the time. Also, makes me very curious about video monitors, special effects and so on...how do they do that?

They'll put the video screens above the stage, hanging from the rafters, in a square or a circle.

this means more rail space on the floor, and if the stage spins around as rumored then lots of people will get to have a "first row" experience

Until official seating charts are released don't get too excited about the use of the words "in the round" . At all but one of the shows I went to on the Elevation tour the shows were "in the round" meaning that fans were sitting behind the stage instead of having a curtain up behind the band. An actual stage in the middle of the arena would make almost all seats good but I find it hard to believe that Larry would want to be playing on a drum kit that rotates throughout the show.

u2gator

i dont know...cuz i haven't ever been to a "in the round" concert...but does that mean that....some songs will be played with U2 facing their backs to half of their audience?

I spoke with the ETS people too and they denied this. Not sure who to believe.

IMHO, they didn't seem to know too much about it. She said things like "man, I hear people are selling tickets on EBay huh?" and "we wanted to do this from our hearts for the fans" (meaning give back the GA's.)

Bull. U2 recalled the contract. I am not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I am willing to bet that the stage is still endstage and that by in the round she meant (or was confused by) 360 degree seating.

Who really knows. Besides U2, and they're not telling.

This is what is posted on atu2.com

NEW @U2 ETS RETURNS GA TICKETS; U2.COM FIX ON THE WAY?
January 27, 2005

There are signs that U2.com may have a plan in place that they hope will calm the legions of angry U2.com members who were unable to take part in what was advertised as "guaranteed priority booking" during this week's presales of Vertigo 2005 Tour tickets.

Earlier today, U2.com announced the likelihood of additional shows in currently advertised cities on the 1st leg of the tour. At the same time, they promised to email U2.com members with information on how to buy tickets for these additional shows.

Now comes word that ETS -- the official ticket and travel provider for the Vertigo Tour -- is giving back its allotted share of GA tickets. In a letter sent tonight to its U2 package customers, ETS says:

"Once we were made aware of the severity of the potential problem, ETS agreed to release its hold on Floor tickets for the affected shows. We did so in the best interests of the band and the tour itself."

What does this mean, you ask? A certain amount of GA tickets that had been slotted for use by ETS for sale to its customers is now being returned to U2. Judging from the U2.com message earlier, they are going to work on a way to get those tickets into the hands of interested U2.com members (who were unable to get tickets so far this week, perhaps). It sounds like there should be an official announcement very soon from U2.com.

Meanwhile, ETS customers who had reserved packages with GA tickets are receiving the letter explaining the situation, and are being given options to upgrade to other ticket and travel packages. You must contact ETS by 10:00 pm EST Friday to complete your reservation of a new package! Use the link below to read the letter from ETS to its U2 customers...

I'm telling you guys that U2.com will be asking you if you would like GA tickets to any of the added shows. Now keep in mind only those who still have the access code would receive this e-mail. Those who have tickets will have to settle for nose bleeds or whatever you purchased. Thats what I think they will do.

artdirector said:
I'm telling you guys that U2.com will be asking you if you would like GA tickets to any of the added shows. Now keep in mind only those who still have the access code would receive this e-mail. Those who have tickets will have to settle for nose bleeds or whatever you purchased. Thats what I think they will do.

Well that's awesome for everybody who didn't get any tickets; kinda sucks for everyone who grabbed what they could, even if they didn't want it. :(

Back
Top Bottom