The Vertigo Show is in the Round.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, check this out:-

aeb_San_Diego_Arena_U2.jpg

Could be?

thanks!

BigMacPhisto said:
Yeah, that's the confusing thing.......I got lucky enough to have a good seat either way, but I think it's more likely to be an end stage show.......considering Ticketmaster had it listed as an end stage show and the seating was set up so that if you picked "Best Available" it would go for the ones closest to the stage on one side.

Awesome..........this is the info I wanted to hear......... I emailed ticketmaster to ask if "Best Available" would first look for GA tix, and I got this whole automated response that never answered my question... now I know that "Best Available" doesn't necessarily mean "GA is best"

thanks BigMacPhisto! :wink:

most of the round center stage shows I've been at don't "rotate" the drummer is at the top, and the group just moves around. Prince had that, Shania Twain had that, Tim McGraw, a bunch of others. I wish U2.con would just tell us what is the layout, put a seating chart, and info on what the stage is going to be and what seats and GA will really be like.

Yes but don't rely on Tmonster for any info on the stage, on best available, nothing.

Last edited:
and the worst thing is that there is no good standing (and that the band's chemistry wouldn't work properly). I can understand that this would be a good idea for a solo artist or a group of singers but with musicians I just cannot see it working (Plus, I want to be inside the heart/egg walkway as I haven't been before).

So here's a new angle on the stage setup:

12804s.gif

I'm not sure what venue this is posted from though, or if its even true.

Last edited:
This would make sense. It does look like what was described to me on the phone...where the main stage is moved forward to where it is almost at the center of the arena.

The elimination of the heart would be one less headache for U2

It does away with having to distributing and distinquishing between two groups of people on the floor.

And Bono no longer has to run in circles. Probably easier to just run back and forth and there's less of a chance that he'll fall over the edge.

Visually, my first reaction is that it is less interesting and really just an expanded version of what we saw on Zoo TV but that was an amazing tour...so we'll see.

What if Larry is on that arm end stage and the band (adam and edge) are rotating Bono jumps from one end to the rotating edge. just a thought!!

Back
Top Bottom