The Vertigo Show is in the Round.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
evr31 said:
For those going to San Jose, can you post the U2 concert info link? I just checked the HP site and the only concert that has that info is Duran Duran.

I agree with Roland about falsely advertising, especially since there is a separate U2 seating map on ticketmaster. Also, if you look closely at the U2 map, its different than the generic end stage map. But then again, with all that's being reported, who knows????? I guess we will have to wait until they open up in San Diego!

http://www.hppsj.com/hppsj/schedule/index.htm :)

"The stage is going to be a little left of the G" (where it says GA on the ticketmaster.com diagram for San Diego - which is smack in the middle of the floor of the arena). "It's in the middle of the floor." This was the quote from page one from the girl at ETS.

However, just a thought, if U2 did have a trick up their sleeve this would be a good one. A seating chart with an end stage would fool scalpers into buying up seats near the stage. ie The 114,113, 118, 119 sections at Staples. and so on and so forth. The fan club PRESALE sections that are being sold are like 106, 107, 111, 110 and so forth. Also in the nosebleeds the sections are 319, and stuff. It would also explain why they chose 360 seating. It would allow for the most tickets to be sold....

Just a thought, or a few rather...

Nymphgrey said:
However, just a thought, if U2 did have a trick up their sleeve this would be a good one. A seating chart with an end stage would fool scalpers into buying up seats near the stage. ie The 114,113, 118, 119 sections at Staples. and so on and so forth. The fan club PRESALE sections that are being sold are like 106, 107, 111, 110 and so forth. Also in the nosebleeds the sections are 319, and stuff. It would also explain why they chose 360 seating. It would allow for the most tickets to be sold....

Just a thought, or a few rather...

I agree, I am sticking with my prediction, I really think the show is going to be in the center of the floor, for the very fact that they have not done it before, plus, all the reasons stated above.

Wasn't Elevation tour in the round, from what I saw on the Boston DVD? The heart was in the middle of the arena, with people sitting all around it - as shown in the wider shots or when Bono is walking around the heart during Sunday bloody sunday

:confused:

I wonder what that means for stadiums...

greenlight7-11 said:
This is the same diagram u2log is reporting as well...not in the round, but basically the same as the last tour. As for the stage being in the "middle of the floor"...well, sure the tip of the egg/oval will be in the middle of the floor just like the tip of the heart was for the last tour. Do you really think the entire stage is in the middle of the floor (i.e. a concert in the round) based on what some woman at ETS said? No wonder u2.com was able to sucker so many of us.

Oh great (!), I've just swapped my seats for GA and if this is true it means I won't actually be able to se the band half the time, why can't you just repeat Elevation, it all worked so well...

sandiegoarena.jpg

meh... doesn't look like it's in the middle of the arena to me, but perhaps my eyes are lying to me.

yes - the stage would be moved to the right of that diagram, so it would be closer to you.

Moving the stage to the middle of the floor is really the ONLY WAY for Ticketmaster, U2.com and PM to begin to rectify the disastrous results so far of the presales fiasco for the majority of us.

If this is true (which I hope it is), I think this would be U2's own input into this mess to begin to make amends to their fans. :yes:

I have never doubted U2's dedication to us fans and followers and I'm confident that they will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE that they can do personally to make this tour as memorable and as magical for all of us as all of their concerts before.

Thanks for this thread. Let's hope that it's true! :wink:

it's not gonna happen;

they've already said they're gonna use more video stuff this tour;

putting it in the round makes that logistically improbable.

the diagram which atu2.com and u2log have is a guess! no way will they do almost identical to elevation tour! they are better than this and will come up with something different!

I just spoke to a guy whose cousin dates a girl who went to school at the same place as a guy who used to know someone who worked at the Boston Garden before they tore it down, and he told me that U2's stage at the Fleetcenter will feature an elevated catwalk that extends from the floor up to the first row of balcony section 314, and the band will deliver pizzas and beer to those lucky u2.com members seated at the tip throughout the show.

Guess where my seats are. :wink:

The visuals will be different on this tour, but I think the basic staging will be fairly similar to the Elevation tour. Popmart looked different than Zoo TV, but the staging (an end of stadium main stage with a catwalk out to a b-stage) was the same. Prior to Zoo TV, of course, every U2 concert was just the same basic, boring main stage.

In the round would be very cool for us presale nosebleed buyers! And I do like the idea that they'd do something different from last tour...though the heart was so lovely for so many, it would be nice for U2 to keep up their innovation reputation.

I have now, by the way, officially spent twice as much time worrying, reading, and posting about Vertigo tour tickets as I will likely spend watching the thing.

cheers all!

hibricc said:
I just spoke to a guy whose cousin dates a girl who went to school at the same place as a guy who used to know someone who worked at the Boston Garden before they tore it down, and he told me that U2's stage at the Fleetcenter will feature an elevated catwalk that extends from the floor up to the first row of balcony section 314, and the band will deliver pizzas and beer to those lucky u2.com members seated at the tip throughout the show.

LOL :lol:

Wonder how that would be handled in the european stadiums

my guess is that they will have a circular stage in the middle of the stadium with another circular cat walk around the stage similar to elevation but something very new! the main circular stage will be able to spin slowly when they play certain songs

To obsess a little more though,
wouldn't it be very cool...who said it, Roland?, that given the Vertigo video and the Vertigo tour title and the swirliness in a lot of the music (to my ears anyway) that they'd do a round swirly set up? yeah, who wants to play on a rotating drum kit, not me, and it's probably untrue, but I think it would be very cool!
I recall rhetoric about "big ideas" but still trying to make it intimate-y like Elevation tour, and that would cover both bases I think...
cheers again...

Just because the stage set-up is similar to Elevation doesn't mean that U2 is in violation of the "do something different from the last tour" principle.

If they played 3 sets, one HTDAAB straight through, second a short acoustic set where the crowd could vote on which songs they wanted to hear (a la Rolling Stones 1997), and third a greatest hits package that varied from night-to-night, all supplemented by a ton of innovative video, I doubt anyone would consider it to be "the same" as Elevation.

No matter how many times you saw Elevation, when you walk into that arena, and see the set-up for the first time, and the lights go down and the music starts, I guarantee it will be a totally novel experience.

hibricc said:

Yeah, and Bono's going to come zipping in above the crowd on a tight rope. No offense, but that's hogwash.

Boozyuzi said:
Maybe Larry's podium will stay still and the other levels will rotate slowly

I am now having visuals of Larry playing in a big rotating cage like at some Motley Crue concert I went to when I was a teenager.

I think this tour fiasco is really getting to me.... :coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom